• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

The in the next life I wanna come back as a house cat chanting :bibliahh:

12 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

HAPPY IS SO GOOD. She really did EVERYTHING right on this ******* album. THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorites that are unheard

Something To Believe In

All I Need Is You

The Drama

Peace & Quiet

But there is NOT a bad song on this album.

Also Happy lowkey sounds it samples the ending of Spaceships with that weird WHIRRING sound effect..... I really hope that's true because....GENIUS

So glad you’re loving it :heart:

2 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

The way I’ve been YELLING this alrjkdkskd 

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

So glad you’re loving it :heart:

It's such a good album. Especially after High Road which I wasn't too crazy about besides a few songs. The way there are no "pop" songs but you can DANCE your ass off to it is amazing

Peace & Quiet is amazing :jonny: :jonny: :jonny: So many career highlights

Yeah this is kind of the perfect record :jonny5: like it's leagues above her past work, very different from her other albums but still 100% her :jonny4: I'm gonna need some time to fully catch everything cause it's such an interesting record production wise ugh she's actually DONE it this time I'm so proud of her

5 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

Yeah this is kind of the perfect record :jonny5: like it's leagues above her past work, very different from her other albums but still 100% her :jonny4: I'm gonna need some time to fully catch everything cause it's such an interesting record production wise ugh she's actually DONE it this time I'm so proud of her

HONESTLY!!!

Peace and Quiet might be the best song she's ever done, she needs an album full of this type of sound. ****. 

Idk what she ate during this but man…. Fuqin pufferfish toxicins or we but this is perfect:weeps:

did she write everything on this? Is this all officially her words?

Listening on headphones now. THE PRODUCTION :jonny5:

I loved this on first listen. Some songs will need to grow on me (The Drama & Too Far Gone). The 2 interludes were very unnecessary imo

I’m addicted im in my 2nd listen :sosad:

Gonna go to sleep and listen again in the morning I think I wanna start digesting it after a good night's sleep but it's giving AOTY after my first listen 

LOVING ME

IS RUNNING INTO A HOUSE

THAT'S BURNING DOWN BABY

HONESTLY

MAKE IT OUT ALIVE

AND YOU'LL GET THE BEST OF ME

SO GET INTO IT OR GET THE **** OUT

OldTRL popgirl single threads that you wished were saved? - Base - ATRL

Kinda giving me Sky Ferreira in the ending of the drama

40 minutes ago, Bones said:

Idk what she ate during this but man…. Fuqin pufferfish toxicins or we but this is perfect:weeps:

did she write everything on this? Is this all officially her words?

Yep.

Album is giving, so proud of her 

I'm low-key shook. She feels like a completely different artist & at this point in her career it is the right thing to do. 

It’s so good :cries:

Edited by Lil' Oz
  • Thumbs Down 1

These comments have me so excited :jonnycat: can’t wait for this. I’ve wanted her to do a psychedelic pop record for so long. Even during Warrior — which, despite being excellent, was pretty standard and basic pop for its time — I could tell she was a true artist who was being held back from reaching her full potential. On Rainbow, I knew she was getting closer but still had more to give. I have the feeling this is the record I’ve been waiting for from her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

These comments have me so excited :jonnycat: can’t wait for this. I’ve wanted her to do a psychedelic pop record for so long. Even during Warrior — which, despite being excellent, was pretty standard and basic pop for its time — I could tell she was a true artist who was being held back from reaching her full potential. On Rainbow, I knew she was getting closer but still had more to give. I have the feeling this is the record I’ve been waiting for from her. 

Love this. Totally agree. I also think she will have even more to give after this. I really hope she signs with a major alternative/indie label.

9 minutes ago, collin said:

Love this. Totally agree. I also think she will have even more to give after this. I really hope she signs with a major alternative/indie label.

Yes. The literal dream. I love how this is being positioned as the birth of a new artist rather than the continuation of her story.

• Like 1

I juste discovered Eat the Acid loved it :jonny5:

Does the album sound like it  ? 

6 minutes ago, Wewee said:

I juste discovered Eat the Acid loved it :jonny5:

Does the album sound like it  ? 

Yes!

The album is a huge improvement over the regressive High Road. Which felt very inauthentic in a lot of ways.

I like the album, there are some highlights lyrically, but there’s also some repetitive lyrics where a point has been made (I noticed bringing up peoples Ego’s became a bit redundant). 

It’s good to see her experiment as we know she’s wanted to for a long time since Lip$ha and parts of Warrior. 

My only complaint is the album feels a bit one note and doesn’t offer the diversity of something like Rainbow. It’s very one-mood and while I appreciate it, I feel like it limits my desire to listen to it ongoing. 

So overall I’m kind of mixed tbh. I think it’s a great body of work, but when I look at something like Rainbow where all songs stand on their own, this feels like each song sort of fits together but on their own, each song doesn’t really take me on a journey or a mood without context of each other. It’s behind Rainbow and Warrior for me, but above High Road and Animal/Cannibal. 

8 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

The album is a huge improvement over the regressive High Road. Which felt very inauthentic in a lot of ways.

I like the album, there are some highlights lyrically, but there’s also some repetitive lyrics where a point has been made (I noticed bringing up peoples Ego’s became a bit redundant). 

It’s good to see her experiment as we know she’s wanted to for a long time since Lip$ha and parts of Warrior. 

My only complaint is the album feels a bit one note and doesn’t offer the diversity of something like Rainbow. It’s very one-mood and while I appreciate it, I feel like it limits my desire to listen to it ongoing. 

So overall I’m kind of mixed tbh. I think it’s a great body of work, but when I look at something like Rainbow where all songs stand on their own, this feels like each song sort of fits together but on their own, each song doesn’t really take me on a journey or a mood without context of each other. It’s behind Rainbow and Warrior for me, but above High Road and Animal/Cannibal. 

Are we listening to the same album? How can album with the drama, only love can save us now, all I need is you and peace and quiet sound one note?