🌐 RuPaul's Drag Race Global All Stars | S1 E6 | It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

Hephaestus

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Good one, because she can totally help how she's built?

I don't disagree with a lot of the sentiments expressed in this thread about Kween, even being an Australian myself but you all need to understand how much she has done for drag and particularly POC Australian drag since being on the show. She is constantly using her platform to elevate other indigenous, black and other POC artists and talent and is known here for being a consummate professional and very sweet and down to earth.

I understand the persona she is giving off in the show isn't super likeable and I'll be honest there's a few things about her personality I've always found jarring but to palm her off as being untalented, a **** drag queen and a down right a**hole is just simply incorrect. Some of her runways on DU2 were very strong, she also had 2 of the best drag queen verses of ALL TIME and she performed consistently outside a couple of minor fumbles.

Well that's great to hear, and if true, I love that for her.

But we're talking about her performance on a competition show, not how she spends her time back home.

If you take the lead choreographer role in the worst group of the challenge and then walk on the runway looking like this:

spacer.png

Then you should be sent home, not put into the top 3.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Lightbringer007

• Gwegend

• loveisdead9582

3 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

… varsity football has a league now? 

the way every read about her has to be about looking muscly. Can you girls come up with an actual drag please 

34 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Well that's great to hear, and if true, I love that for her.

But we're talking about her performance on a competition show, not how she spends her time back home.

If you take the lead choreographer role in the worst group of the challenge and then walk on the runway looking like this:

spacer.png

Then you should be sent home, not put into the top 3.

I don't agree with her top placement but she had one of the best verses of the night, let's be real

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Dragrace will die because of production and most queens having fickle egos which leads to them not taking criticism well and insisting on tainting what should be a "fair" competition.

I dont need to be able to put makeup on my face to judge that ur makeup looks trash, I dont need to have a degree in fashion to judge that ur taste is **** and I dont need to be funny to judge whether ur jokes land.

Its dragqueens/GenZ thinking too highly of themselves without the actually quality.

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Thanks 5

55 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Nah this is some bs. First of all this comes with the territory, literally every TV show that becomes big and popular enough will foster a somewhat toxic fandom, it's a numbers game at the end of the day. Second, if anything it's the production company that will cause Drag Race to fall because their interference and manipulation has become apparent even to the untrained eye in the last few years and they aren't listening to the fans begging for a fairer competition.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Return...where though? Who is brimming with excitement to see her ass on TV? Maybe on The Mariana Trench vs The World as a first out.

Edited by Claymore
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Sis Pythia did poor but she did not deserve an elimination. Miranda deserved to go home. 

Also this is BS - how you judging girls when they didn't participate in the challenge? :ahh: 

ELIM was based on her being a bad lip syncer 

and it's really not that serious!

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Nah this is some bs. First of all this comes with the territory, literally every TV show that becomes big and popular enough will foster a somewhat toxic fandom, it's a numbers game at the end of the day. Second, if anything it's the production company that will cause Drag Race to fall because their interference and manipulation has become apparent even to the untrained eye in the last few years and they aren't listening to the fans begging for a fairer competition.

1) So just because there's other toxic fandoms out there it's okay for drag race fans to be toxic?

2) Drag race fans are NOTORIOUS for being especially toxic and hateful towards to the contestants on the show. Don't act brand new.

3) While I agree that production has ultimately lead to the downfall in the show, the toxic fandom HAS had an impact on the show. There's a reason why seasons 2-6 are considered the golden years, because the queens were unfiltered and weren't worried about fan backlash so weren't afraid to be shady and bring drama. And secondly, queens have and will continue to be less willing to do the show/come back for all stars because they know there's a good chance they will get a **** edit and just be **** on by the fans with not much benefit.

4) No one posting in this thread (unless you practice drag professionally) can do 1/8 of what these queens do on the show, so while it's fun to be shady and have our own critiques, fans constantly take it too far, including in this thread.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

The problem is that this fandom takes every fight SO seriously and then will put all these serious labels on every fight, IE a lot of them are calling the people who fought Nehellina "bullies" and dragging them ruthlessly in the name of defending Nehellina because she was "bulled on live television". At the end of the day, that fight should've been considered nothing more than a juicy piece of reality tv drama, and now ironically the fans are doing to the queens exactly what they accused them of doing to Nehellina. Fanbase really lacks self awareness lol.  The fans literally cannot watch any fight on the show without being vicious towards whoever they deem to be "wrong" in the fight. It's just not that serious, honestly. Just watch the scene and go, you can watch things without making the participating queens feel like dogshit.

It's like the fans are always yearning for reality tv drama and fights on the show but when it actually happens they can't take it at ALL and whine about how it was "problematic". Either take the heat or get out of the kitchen. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CroNich said:

2) Drag race fans are NOTORIOUS for being especially toxic and hateful towards to the contestants on the show. Don't act brand new.

Again, this is available for ALL reality shows. Two Love Island contestants killed themselves because of it. It is not a Drag Race issue, it's something specific to people who consume media such as reality shows or competitions. Sports fan are legit insane on how they treat sports players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, welham said:

Gonna be vulnerable, demure, yet brave by expressing this controversial opinion: fans giving Alyssa any wins for any of the challenges so far in the seasons is being delusional. She is 💯 cruising by, and it is becoming more apparent to me that she's there for the sole purposes of promotion and giving the producers what they want/need for furthering storylines. She's been mid all season so far except for the first two looks of the ball. The only reasons people are not noticing it so far is because the rest of the cast been mediocre as well in their performances + Alyssa is... well, Alyssa! A fan favorite mawma yass gawd *tongue-pop* *death drop*

I also kind of understand Kween Kong's tweet if the conversation really went for 45 minutes with Nelly refusing to name any specific names. I'd be over it and go sit somewhere too, the not naming any names thing annoyed us as viewers just from watching few minutes of TV. For everything though, Nelly has my sympathies

True. She's so base this season. 

She sounds like death here too.  Her fashions and wigs are so ugly or borderline tacky.  Rich with broke taste if I'm being honest. Bc it's expensive doesn't make it cute. 

I blame production for not giving them better auto tune. That being said nothing Alyssa has done thus far warrants any wins. She's coasting by on name alone and I say that as a long time big fan. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

14 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

The way I was mad my fave international girlies weren't cast in this season....

And now I'm so grateful. Just imagine production handing a win to KITTY over queens like Marina Summers, LGD, Metamorkid, Matraka, Punani, Flor, Minty, etc. :shakeno:

I say it every season, but production must know that pushing an undeserving queen only fuels the fanbase to hate them more. They've seen it with winners like Tia, yet it still happens. Kitty is different since she deserves all the hate that is probably coming her way, but still, favoritism only hurts the viewers AND the queens, and they need to stop.

Exactly! Production ruins these girls by pushing them undeservingly instead of leaving us to love them despite how they do in the competition.

also dead at me calling her "Galo" while simultaneously stanning. Gala, sweetie…

7 hours ago, CroNich said:

1) So just because there's other toxic fandoms out there it's okay for drag race fans to be toxic?

1) That's not what I said and 2) I'm not clueless, if anything I'm more aware than the average watcher of how the fandom works. What I meant has already been explained by @Claymore's post.

3) While I agree that production has ultimately lead to the downfall in the show, the toxic fandom HAS had an impact on the show. There's a reason why seasons 2-6 are considered the golden years, because the queens were unfiltered and weren't worried about fan backlash so weren't afraid to be shady and bring drama. And secondly, queens have and will continue to be less willing to do the show/come back for all stars because they know there's a good chance they will get a **** edit and just be **** on by the fans with not much benefit.

I only half agree with this because production crafting edits and storylines impacts queens way more than fans being mean on the Internet does. Don't forget that most often than not the fans' reaction is a direct consequence of what the show has chosen to portray. Even if the show existed in a vacuum where the fandom isn't toxic, you can rest assured that queens that get portrayed badly would see a difference in their bookings compared to queens who are portrayed better. At the end of the day it all comes back to the show, it's genuinely a gamble on where it'll take the queens' careers and the they are aware of it when they send their auditions.

4) No one posting in this thread (unless you practice drag professionally) can do 1/8 of what these queens do on the show, so while it's fun to be shady and have our own critiques, fans constantly take it too far, including in this thread.

I agree.

Edited by Hephaestus

Yh I agree Kitty is unlikeable, i'm annoyed she's representing the UK. I know Krystal V is cackling in a corner somewhere. I hope she talks about it on her pod for the mess 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

The problem is that this fandom takes every fight SO seriously and then will put all these serious labels on every fight, IE a lot of them are calling the people who fought Nehellina "bullies" and dragging them ruthlessly in the name of defending Nehellina because she was "bulled on live television". At the end of the day, that fight should've been considered nothing more than a juicy piece of reality tv drama, and now ironically the fans are doing to the queens exactly what they accused them of doing to Nehellina. Fanbase really lacks self awareness lol.  The fans literally cannot watch any fight on the show without being vicious towards whoever they deem to be "wrong" in the fight. It's just not that serious, honestly. Just watch the scene and go, you can watch things without making the participating queens feel like dogshit.

It's like the fans are always yearning for reality tv drama and fights on the show but when it actually happens they can't take it at ALL and whine about how it was "problematic". Either take the heat or get out of the kitchen. 

Right. :laugh: if you want production to "treat them fairly" you get the nadir of the show - AS9.

Edited by HonourableVomit

The meltdowns in here. 

I'm living. :gaycat5:

• Haha 2

I would've never expected Tia as a freshly crowned queen to be this blunt and honest about placements and judging but here we are. We gotta take our Ws where we can get them I guess :dies:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

90% of the girls are not equipped to be a public figure. Etcetera's tweets are just another proof of it.

• Like 5

just rewatched the episode and personally thought tessa/gala deserved top placements over kitty/kween

nehellenia fully deserved that win

WIN: Nehellenia

HIGHS: Tessa, Gala

LOWS: Pythia

BTTMs: Miranda, Eva

Edited by Lightbringer007
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

People are really in an uproar over this season but I'm still enjoying it. Production is always pulling stunts but what annoys me the most this season is RuPaul herself. She's acting so nonchalant, unimpressed, and condescending to some of these queens. Why host a Global All Stars just to show favoritism to the girls you've already judged? Especially when they come out in **** like Kween Kong's last runway. It's so unserious and is doing a huge disservice to these international queens.

Anyway I think Alyssa is doing just fine. She had the best Ball looks and could've won (I wasn't gagging over Pythia's looks) - and Kitty winning the girl group challenge was such a safe and predictable win, although she did do good, just made for a boring outcome. 

This is the most exciting DR season as of late, better than AS9 and CanVsTW so far, more stakes, fresher personalities, and a fun dynamic. 

• Confused 1

Meramangles insta and latest YouTube video are gone/hidden? Did the Nehellenia stans come for ha, or is it a coinci-dinque? :celestial5:

Edited by Dragonfly

Was not expecting the meltdowns in here :skull:

but yeah this seasons judging has been complete **** 

anyways, Nehellenia FTW….:heart:

Some of you all never watch sports it seems :rip: 

If football is not over yet with the most toxic fans ever, drag race is not going anywhere soon because of some hateful teenagers :skull:

Really sad to see this great cast being ruined by favoritism. I'm still gonna tune in but it's clear as day Ru is favoring the girls she knows. Boringggg

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.