🌐 RuPaul's Drag Race Global All Stars | S1 E6 | It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

Hephaestus

If Meghan Trainor were more relevant, Nehellania could make a living by being an impersonator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Lightbringer007

• Gwegend

• loveisdead9582

the barrage of cringy adlibs at the end of each version...

some of the most basic runway outfits I've ever seen...

me thinking Vanity was gonna be in the top...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

What is with kween kongs favoritism… the stiff moves. The boring moves. The basicness. I have had it

Ru seems to love that burly man. The Steven Seagal of drag, truly.

• Haha 5

Is this episode worth watching? :matty:

• Haha 1

I knew Kweef Dong (new favorite ATRL nickname :foxaylove2: along with Shitty Scat Bowels) was gonna receive favoritism once I saw Ru use her to be the choreographer in another season. I don't remember which franchise it was- probably Down Under obviously. But that was a sign that she was in with production.

Kudos to Galo for keeping it cute when they keep playing in her ******* face. At least the judges are recognizing Nehellenia's talent. It's just the other girls who are too bitter to give her her flowers.

And we aren't talking about Tessa being robbed this episode enough lol. She slayed the challenge and her runway was one of the best. 

The correct placements for the episode should have been 

Top: Tessa, Nelly, Galo (Vanity coulda been safe if we are combining challenge and runway)

Bottom:

Miranda (who I loved this season even though she came off entitled with Organza in her original season- the way they hated on the Brazilian girl who reminded me so much of Nehellenia..umm Naza!) and Pythia 

Edited by Gwegend
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Is this episode worth watching? :matty:

Yup! Challenge is meh, but Untucked drama is definitely worth checking the episode for

• Like 1

*****, it's Kweef Dong, yes, I'm Kweef Dong
This is Kweef Dong? Yes, Miss Kweef Dong

Nicki Minaj GIF - Nicki Minaj - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 7

spacer.png

How I'd judge the season so far

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Did the kpop mix even have a chorus? They did the girls dirty with that one. Gala was robbed once again. Hopefully that doesn't mean she'll be out soon. She's been consistently slaying but hasn't received any flowers yet.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Dark Age said:

spacer.png

How I'd judge the season so far

Sis Pythia did poor but she did not deserve an elimination. Miranda deserved to go home. 

Also this is BS - how you judging girls when they didn't participate in the challenge? :ahh: 

• Haha 3

Nail In th coffin to drag race era. Paramount/viacom is looking  to sell to a conglomerate media co. It's hemorrhaging money and ru is the fist over saturated, overfragmented franchise to get a trim. Say goodbye to yearly all stars too. Good. We should suffer like gays did before us. We've grown to become such a Copy and paste community thx to rupaul. 

Can't wait for ru to get a pay cut. Maybe that will humble her and make her innovate. 

Edited by terrijoe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, terrijoe said:

Nail In th coffin to drag race era. Paramount/viacom is looking  to sell to a conglomerate media co. It's hemorrhaging money and ru is the fist over saturated, overfragmented franchise to get a trim. Say goodbye to yearly all stars too. Good. We should suffer like gays did before us. We've grown to become such a Copy and paste community thx to rupaul. 

Can't wait for ru to get a pay cut. Maybe that will humble her and make her innovate. 

slay! 

• Haha 1

The way this show is favoring English speaking queens and we haven't even reached a comedy/acting challenge yet. :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Guys not too much on kween now… she is at least a different league to kitty 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Guys not too much on kween now… she is at least a different league to kitty 

… varsity football has a league now? 

• Haha 5

the way she isn't even mentioned in the tweet she's quoting… :rip: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Gonna be vulnerable, demure, yet brave by expressing this controversial opinion: fans giving Alyssa any wins for any of the challenges so far in the seasons is being delusional. She is 💯 cruising by, and it is becoming more apparent to me that she's there for the sole purposes of promotion and giving the producers what they want/need for furthering storylines. She's been mid all season so far except for the first two looks of the ball. The only reasons people are not noticing it so far is because the rest of the cast been mediocre as well in their performances + Alyssa is... well, Alyssa! A fan favorite mawma yass gawd *tongue-pop* *death drop*

I also kind of understand Kween Kong's tweet if the conversation really went for 45 minutes with Nelly refusing to name any specific names. I'd be over it and go sit somewhere too, the not naming any names thing annoyed us as viewers just from watching few minutes of TV. For everything though, Nelly has my sympathies

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, welham said:

Gonna be vulnerable, demure, yet brave by expressing this controversial opinion: fans giving Alyssa any wins for any of the challenges so far in the seasons is being delusional. She is 💯 cruising by, and it is becoming more apparent to me that she's there for the sole purposes of promotion and giving the producers what they want/need for furthering storylines. She's been mid all season so far except for the first two looks of the ball. The only reasons people are not noticing it so far is because the rest of the cast been mediocre as well in their performances + Alyssa is... well, Alyssa! A fan favorite mawma yass gawd *tongue-pop* *death drop*

True but besides this episode, Alyssa has been drama free and mother-esque which is the exact opposite of what made us live for her in her 2 previous seasons. Same thing with Roxy. They've become such sanitized versions of their former selves that I root for them simply for the nostaliga of it all.

12 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

True but besides this episode, Alyssa has been drama free and mother-esque which is the exact opposite of what made us live for her in her 2 previous seasons. Same thing with Roxy. They've become such sanitized versions of their former selves that I root for them simply for the nostaliga of it all.

I don't necessarily agree with rooting for the santizied versions of the queens, but I still understand where you're coming from and I respect it. 

My comment about the OG queens "colluding" (lol, I know, just for a lack of a better word) with production is that they not only feel like they throw challenges away (the 100 billion answer in last week's mini-challenge) or not raise their performances to the legendary status we expect from them; but some of their actions seem like they're trying to give the producers some of the quickbits/moments in a "well that's convenient..." way (not necessarily being drama-stirrers). 

And now that I think about it, and building on what another user said about them simply being "too good" for their seasons, maybe I'm being a bit unfair. Maybe they simply feel a bit mismatched being put in the same seasons as younger queens, which cause this sanitized feeling about them. 

I'm obviously starting to overthink it, but that's just a testament of how frustrating and puzzling their treatment + performances are this year. 

Imho they should've put the OG queens in a season of their own. More seasoned, more mature, more hype, more excitement each week, better performances, and bigger opportunities for "real" and "grown-up" drama as opposed to petty ones that happen over nothing and often do not conclude in a satisfactory manner. But that would require a production team on par with the elevated status of these queens, and if these last seasons are anything to go by... yikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sad to see Miranda go. :chick1:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, welham said:

I also kind of understand Kween Kong's tweet if the conversation really went for 45 minutes with Nelly refusing to name any specific names. I'd be over it and go sit somewhere too, the not naming any names thing annoyed us as viewers just from watching few minutes of TV. For everything though, Nelly has my sympathies

Sorry but Alyssa fully deserved her win at the talent show ... she was one of the most well rounded performers from BOTH nights

• Like 4

• ATRL Moderator

The way I was mad my fave international girlies weren't cast in this season....

And now I'm so grateful. Just imagine production handing a win to KITTY over queens like Marina Summers, LGD, Metamorkid, Matraka, Punani, Flor, Minty, etc. :shakeno:

I say it every season, but production must know that pushing an undeserving queen only fuels the fanbase to hate them more. They've seen it with winners like Tia, yet it still happens. Kitty is different since she deserves all the hate that is probably coming her way, but still, favoritism only hurts the viewers AND the queens, and they need to stop.

• Like 4

Honestly if they had casted Bimini or Tayce to rep the uk I wouldnt mind the "favoritism" cause they actually CAN serve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

… varsity football has a league now? 

Good one, because she can totally help how she's built?

I don't disagree with a lot of the sentiments expressed in this thread about Kween, even being an Australian myself but you all need to understand how much she has done for drag and particularly POC Australian drag since being on the show. She is constantly using her platform to elevate other indigenous, black and other POC artists and talent and is known here for being a consummate professional and very sweet and down to earth.

I understand the persona she is giving off in the show isn't super likeable and I'll be honest there's a few things about her personality I've always found jarring but to palm her off as being untalented, a **** drag queen and a down right a**hole is just simply incorrect. Some of her runways on DU2 were very strong, she also had 2 of the best drag queen verses of ALL TIME and she performed consistently outside a couple of minor fumbles.

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.