"High School Musical" certified 5x platinum in US

Renan90

the 2023 is sending me:deadvision: I cant believe we are almost a quarter into this century already :deadvision:

6 minutes ago, Broken said:

Vanessa her power.

Sharpey Evans >>>>>

2 minutes ago, Proseductice said:

Peak Disney. :jonnycat:

The fact that there are kids out there experiencing childhood without 2000's Disney. Couldn't be me.

its already been 17 years since HSM... i wonder how the cast feels now so far removed from such a historic pop culture phenomenon 

1 hour ago, PoisonCandy said:

The fact that there are kids out there experiencing childhood without 2000's Disney. Couldn't be me.

It really was the moment. Maybe debatable to some younger but I lost all interest in the channel as soon as 2010 hit.

Nothing will ever compare to the 2000s decade sweet spot they found. 

I do honestly love the soundtrack but I never really understood how it became such a phenom. The second and third ones were full of BOPS and deserved the praise, but no one can tell me 17 years later that they actually sit in their room bopping to GHITG or STTSQ unironically. 

BOI > HSM > GGMOW > RHRN > Scream > IWIA > all the other songs from 2 and 3 > BF > SOSN > WTWMAY > the rest >>>>>>> anything from Sharpay’s flop movie 

People born when HSM came out are graduating soon.. 

that means that it got to 4x in one year but took 16 more to earn one million... :dies:

a phenomenon nonetheless and today's generation will not understand the impact this had...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.