Edited by Karla Cabello
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

it was an iconic moment, when ryan sees her in the flashback :gaycat7:

but the show was over for me after this. i didnt bother to watch season 4

The way they signed their own death sentence as well

236521dd1ae3161c5664bcc09ae4c216.gif

I do get what Mischa says about it being more memorable for the character (clearly since a lot of fans are still in their feelings about it) but.. :'(

Mischa could’ve had everything…. So sad

I only watched the first season. After that it was bad.

Season 4 was the 2nd best season

I teared up during the death scene. I hate that they killed her off. It was sweet at the end when Rachel said love you... she's shaded her over the years but I hope they're all on good terms. I'd love to see Adam, Rachel, Mischa and Ben all reunite at some point but this was nice 💕

2 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

Season 4 was the 2nd best season

girl no season 4 was awful. also Rachel and Adam broke up IRL so the chemistry was off and Mischa was no longer on the show, everything was off by S4.

3 hours ago, imabadkid said:

girl no season 4 was awful. also Rachel and Adam broke up IRL so the chemistry was off and Mischa was no longer on the show, everything was off by S4.

Ryan & Taylor <3333

5 hours ago, naval23 said:

Icon! Rachel Bilson was so shady to her in the show so surprised she joined 

People grow up... see Christina, Avril, P!nk...

Plus Misha was a troublesome teenager due to early fame, she was notorious in and out of hollywood for years

Almost none of her costars liked her at that time, and they were showing it really obviously

Edited by lmnoc1

15 hours ago, imabadkid said:

Oh sh*t that explains it... 

OT: That death was so tragic and sad, elevated S3 by far, that should be the ending honestly.

To me it was going downhill S1 > S2 > S3 > S4

11 hours ago, lmnoc1 said:

People grow up... see Christina, Avril, P!nk...

Plus Misha was a troublesome teenager due to early fame, she was notorious in and out of hollywood for years

Almost none of her costars liked her at that time, and they were showing it really obviously

she was good friends irl with Rachel for most of her time in the show and Adam has always been very supportive towards Mischa.

pretty sure @naval23 was referring to some of Rachel's dumb ass and tone deaf comments throughout previous episodes of the podcast

Yo I need to rewatch this. The plots were dumb but the genuine chemistry between the cast is not something you get these days. 

4 hours ago, okgo said:

she was good friends irl with Rachel for most of her time in the show and Adam has always been very supportive towards Mischa.

pretty sure @naval23 was referring to some of Rachel's dumb ass and tone deaf comments throughout previous episodes of the podcast

This.

• 10 months later...

this excerpt from the upcoming OC book is quite depressing. side eyeing everyone on that set, she was done wrong

honestly in retrospect she's actually been a LOT more gracious about the show than I would have :biblio:

5 hours ago, okgo said:

this excerpt from the upcoming OC book is quite depressing. side eyeing everyone on that set, she was done wrong

honestly in retrospect she's actually been a LOT more gracious about the show than I would have :biblio:

The amount of sexism in the early and mid 2000s was SO OVERT and not even hidden and people were so gleeful about it.  I hate what Mischa went through on that show.

You know those artists who hate to sing their most popular songs? Learn from Mischa Barton. Sometimes being ungrateful about your most iconic work gets you nowhere. 🙃

7 hours ago, imabadkid said:

The amount of sexism in the early and mid 2000s was SO OVERT and not even hidden and people were so gleeful about it.  I hate what Mischa went through on that show.

Its ironic that they were trying to prevent the show from getting cancelled and yet their decision did exactly that. They said it was going to rejuvenate the show only for them to follow it up with the worst season as well. People not only loved but loved to hate Marisa and thats part of why she was such an interesting character, most lead characters on long running shows are always making dumb decision after dumb decision and thats usually what drives the story forward.

I agree with Kelly Rowan touching the core four was really dumb, Marisa and Ryan were the leads and killing off your main character almost never ends well. Maybe they should have killed off one of the parents to bring some drama. I mean even killing Summer would have made more sense since she has no storyline outside of Seth. The Cohen and Cooper families were a pivotal part of the story. 

That one producer saying Mischa was sitting alone with her back faced to everyone is really sad, it was their responsibility as adults to make her feel safe. I also don't know if this is common knowledge but Rachel, the creator, producers and directors all mentioning Mischas mum feels really weird even if it were true.. Some accountability on your own behalf would have been better than pointing fingers. It's interesting that they've alluded to all 4 of the kids on the show not wanting to be there and them having bad behaviour and yet they always bring up Mischa and yet it seems she handled it the best, why do they keep mentioning her and not saying what the others did.. Anyways it seems Mischa handled the situation with grace and even in this article she seems to be doing the same or maybe it was more upsetting than she wants to let on. 

• Like 1

I've been such a huge fan of Mischa since her days in The OC, so much so I watched most of her movies following the show even though they were mostly low budget straight to DVD movies.

It's such a shame to see her trajectory since then as it was painted that Mischa really wanted off the show but clearly it was a mixed reaction as per her reaction within the article. And the tabloids speculation around her private life didn't help as I'm sorry but anyone in their early to mid 20s is going to run amuck just like anyone else. But I hope this article coming from such a reputable brand as Vanity Fair makes people look back and think about how young and vulnerable she was. 

She deserves so much more than being on The Hills and Neighbors reboots because she is a lot more talented than this, but hey get those cheques and usually there's a decent chunk of publicity in the pop culture world when she does moves like this and banks on the nostalgia. I hope one day we get a #JusticeForMischa moment with a cute series on streaming or something along the lines of what Netflix did for Lindsay with that Xmas movie. 

16 hours ago, eclipsed said:

Its ironic that they were trying to prevent the show from getting cancelled and yet their decision did exactly that. They said it was going to rejuvenate the show only for them to follow it up with the worst season as well. People not only loved but loved to hate Marisa and thats part of why she was such an interesting character, most lead characters on long running shows are always making dumb decision after dumb decision and thats usually what drives the story forward.

I agree with Kelly Rowan touching the core four was really dumb, Marisa and Ryan were the leads and killing off your main character almost never ends well. Maybe they should have killed off one of the parents to bring some drama. I mean even killing Summer would have made more sense since she has no storyline outside of Seth. The Cohen and Cooper families were a pivotal part of the story. 

That one producer saying Mischa was sitting alone with her back faced to everyone is really sad, it was their responsibility as adults to make her feel safe. I also don't know if this is common knowledge but Rachel, the creator, producers and directors all mentioning Mischas mum feels really weird even if it were true.. Some accountability on your own behalf would have been better than pointing fingers. It's interesting that they've alluded to all 4 of the kids on the show not wanting to be there and them having bad behaviour and yet they always bring up Mischa and yet it seems she handled it the best, why do they keep mentioning her and not saying what the others did.. Anyways it seems Mischa handled the situation with grace and even in this article she seems to be doing the same or maybe it was more upsetting than she wants to let on. 

MTE.

The adults in the situation came off as unprofessional and immature with the way they treated Mischa. She was the only there that was the same age of her character, and she was given very little grace by all of them, even for the time it aired. 

i can’t listen to that podcast because Rachel is such a horrible host. i can’t believe they made it all the way to Marissa’s death without cancelling :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.