a2529015990_65

Only Daedalus 

Just Space For Light 

Screen Face (feat. Michael Rault)

Futures Bet 

So Typically Now 

Bless This Mess 

Tux (Your Body Fills Me, Boo) 

R.I.P. Roy G. Biv (feat. Marker Starling)

St. James Way 

Pump (feat. Alanna Stuart)

Outro (The Let Down) 

February 24

I didn’t knew they were releasing a new album that soon tbh. Gonna check it for sure but I didn’t liked their previous album sadly 

It sounds like it's going to be a mess indeed. :rip:

The singles are completely different from each other, So Typically Now is the only interesting one.

Not feeling the singles that much, what happened to her :rip: IAPU and Half Free are two of my favorite albums from the 2010’s

:duca: Still hate Heavy Light kinda, but So Typically Now is amazing so I have hopes for the album. Will just wait until Feb to listen to the rest of the record and skip the singles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator

Not very good.  She def branched out and tried new things but the lead single + Tux are the only keepers tbh.  

I totally enjoyed this. I think her voice is so unique I could honestly listen to her sing the phonebook, and I'll always have a soft spot for her after my original infatuation with her when she was a crusty little oddity making unintelligible noise music. 

I think the music/production on this is gorgeous. It still shocks me to hear her voice being matched with such high-sheen beautiful music. Love all the disco influences on this record

not awful but not great either, a handful of cute songs but the fillers really drag it down

The disco tracks are really good and the production is nice overall. I just think she hasn’t been in her best songwriting game here. The melodies are lacking here. Even the songs in Heavy Light were better written, although she dressed them in more stripped down and pop-soul productions and alienated some fans. This feels more like a continuation of In a Poem production-wise, but without the focused and rewarding songwriting. So it’s all over the place. I’d take Heavy Light over it just because the melodies are quite delicious. I do miss the bite of the GEM/Half Free days though, but its harder to capture that after years and growing so much sonically regarding production 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

I'll listen tonight, I LOVED Half Free and In a Poem Unlimited, both of them are chock full of indie classics :clap3: Heavy Light wasn't it though, it felt extremely lacking to me for some reason. I like the two singles off this one so let's see if i like the rest...

now wait is that Merrill Garbus doing background vocals in the opening track?? :wanda:

It's not as bad as you're all saying. But my god, the album should have ended at track 9, cuz the following two....:biblionny:

IAPU was so effortlessly cool, I'm afraid since Half Light some of her choices feel decidedly dorky

The last 4 songs should have been DELETED, whew I wasn't expecting them to tank my enjoyment of the album that much :rip:

The first half is quite good, especially Tux. I know a lot of people seem to note the 3rd song as the beginning of the tanking, but it's giving Animal Crossing hour music realness that I love. The title track is where it starts to go downhill for me, sans Tux. Futures Bet is just okay too.

Only Daedalus is certified BOP :gaycatina1:

sadly besides that one, STN and a couple others the album is very weird

IAPO was SO good, like really REALLY good it, I really don't know what happened after that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.