Your Favorite Rock Albums?

Kanes

60s. The Velvet Underground & Nico, Pet Sounds, The Doors, Forever Changes

70s: Rumours, Any album by Bowie (Station to Station and Low are the best), Paranoid, Unknown pleassures, Marquee moon, London Calling, Fun House 

80s: Remain in light, The queen is dead, Doolittle, Ride the lightning , Spirit of Eden, Closer (Joy Division), Daydream Nation, Let it be ( The replacements) 

90s: Loveless, Ok Computer, Heaven or Las Vegas, Souvlaki, Siamese Dream, Crooked Rain, Laughing Stock

2000s: Kid A, Funeral, Is this it, Turn on the Bright lights Ghosts of the Great Highway, Toxicity, In Rainbows

2010s: Teens of Denial, Bloom, Teen Dream,Bury Me at Makeout Creek, Halcyon Digest, High Violet, Lonerism, Antisocialites, Lost in the dream 

Some great recommendations in here already! I'm missing a bit of love for hard rock and classic rock though, let me list a few of my faves:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (No explanation needed I think. Progressive rock in a beautiful concept setting, amazingly detailed and greatly composed. It can be a bit hard to get into at first listen, I advice to listen it with good headphones from start to finish in one listen)

Greta Van Fleet - The Battle at Garden's Gate (Blues based hard rock, very cinematic album in concept and sound. Quite epic production, great riffs + solo's and also very poetic lyrics if you're into that sort of stuff. Plus bassist Sam Kiszka and singer Josh Kiszka are f*cking hot)

KISS - Kiss ("basic" hard rock in the best sense of the word. Just two guitars, a bass and drums. Amazing riffs and great hooks. Ace Frehley's solo's are very tasty. An energetic and sassy record)

TOTO - The Seventh One (Very melodic rock, hard rock mixed with glam rock and some sprinkles of soul. Extremely catchy and very musically layered)

Heart - Little Queen (Rock mixed with acoustic folk. Very medival/fantasy themed. Nice mix between beautiful softer midtempo songs and catchy heavier rock songs. The Wilson sisters absolutely slay)

Deep Purple - Machine Head (Very riff based rock, hardrock with a bluesy sound. John Lord's organ playing and Ritchie Blackmore's guitar playing are two of the best in the whole rock world)

Beautiful Garbage by Garbage
Chasing the Ghost by Collide (it's more like electronic rock but still)
Dead Letters by The Rasmus
Fallen & Evanescence by Evanescence
Sonic Jihad by Snake River Conspiracy
Violet by The Birthday Massacre

Best Coast – California Nights

Blondie – Blondie / Plastic Letters / Parallel Lines / Eat to the Beat

The Cure – The Head on the Door / Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me / Disintegration

DIIV – Oshin / Is the Is Are / Deceiver

Garbage – Garbage / Version 2.0 / Bleed Like Me / Not Your Kind of People

HAIM – Days Are Gone / Women in Music Pt. III

Heart – Dreamboat Annie / Heart / Bad Animals

Hole – Live Through This / Celebrity Skin

The Jesus and Mary Chain – Psychocandy / Darklands

The Killers – Hot Fuss / Sam's Town / Day & Age

MGMT – Little Dark Age

Pat Benatar – In the Heat of the Night / Crimes of Passion / Get Nervous / Seven the Hard Way

The Pretty Reckless – Light Me Up / Going to Hell

The Runaways – The Runaways / Queens of Noise

Sky Ferreira – Night Time, My Time

Slowdive – Souvlaki

The Velvet Underground & Nico – The Velvet Underground & Nico

Wolf Alice – their entire discography :worship2:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It's Blitz!

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.