Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness)

A remarkable achievement in both music and poetry, showcasing Bjork's incredible talent for creating immersive soundscapes. It is haunting and beautiful and a testament to the creativity and vision of one of the most innovative artists of our time.

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better (Confidence)

She effortlessly navigates the song's many shifts in tone and tempo, delivering each line with a confidence and swagger that is infectious.  It's a fun upbeat pop bop that showcases her incredible range and star quality and it's sure to get listeners dancing and singing along.

Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed (Rebellion)

Bold and unapologetic bop that signaled a significant shift in her career and public image. It's a song about breaking free from expectations and embracing one's true self and she definitely delivered it with attitude and style.

Solange - Losing You (Genre-Bending/Individuality/Creativity)

A stunning example of Solange's exceptional songwriting and vocal talents. It's a powerful and emotionally resonant track that will appeal to fans of indie-pop and alternative R&B and it showcases her ability to create deeply personal and meaningful music.

@CBC@Auburn@wish@Not Like The Movies

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

YASSSS

Yas Hikari

first judge :clap3:

massive universal acclaim across all contestants :jonnycat:

also I was just thinking how funny it would have been if someone said their star quality was "diversity" or "versatility" :weeps: 

ally-brooke-pictorial.gif

The higher we go, the vaguer I get.

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness)

Not that unique, but I truly adore the song!

I’m not that confident about it, but it’s a bop.

She’s just being rebellious Miley. Nostalgia factor is strong.

An individual and creative piece that gives older vibes that I am “hmm” about.

SEMI-FINAL CRITIQUES

Wanna preface by saying I loved all of your explanations, there was so much effort put into them and I can tell how much y'all admire your singer's artistry!

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness): Not many can say they've done IDM-Acapella, so I think it corroborates your explanation! Love the song as well!

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better (Confidence): The Scream Queen always exuberates confidence for sure. One of my fave songs by her too, it's super reminiscent of Black Cherry-era Goldfrapp which I just love!!

Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed (Rebellion): Your explanation was probably my favorite and this song exemplifies it perfectly. Banger too

Solange - Losing You (Genre-Bending/Individuality/Creativity): This is a cool example of why she was a pioneer of Alt. R&B in the early 2010's! And just one of the best songs ever honestly

Gonna have to score relatively this round or it was gonna be straight 5/5s tbh

thNK YOU JUDGES

2AopB7c.png

#notthelastjudge

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness): Uniqueness is definitely her strong suit. No one else can pull off what she's been doing for decades now. I'm glad she's made it this far because I couldn't imagine her doing well in any of the past seasons given the circumstances. Glad u chose a good song from Medulla to represent this quality because it's her most experimental yet. 

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better (Confidence): I can definitely say confidence is an occurring aura around her music. Everytime she's on a song, whether she's a feature or not, she makes her mark vocally in a confident manner. Song wise, it's a nice choice for your star quality considering what you have left.

Miley Cyrus - Can't Be Tamed (Rebellion): She's the chameleon of pop for a reason. Doesn't care what's trendy or not trendy, she hops on it. Even though I don't consider myself a miley fan as I don't love everything she does, I can't deny that she is a very diverse artist. As for this song, it matches your quality perfectly with your explanation.

Solange - Losing You (Genre-Bending/Individuality/Creativity): Agree very much on the qualities. It shows on True EP and her last two albums that she has her own music identity and isn't tied to her sister's. Wise to save this song near the end because it's a strong one. 

yes mister sean YES

• ATRL Moderator

tumblr_nv1icbOT2t1t0zi2fo6_400.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

First of all, congratulations to all 4 of you on a really fantastic round! This was very hard to score.

Björk - Oceania (Uniqueness):

I definitely think you nailed Bjork's star quality with this explanation. Uniqueness is a pretty obvious selling point for her, and this song is a solid representation. Thank you for sharing the history of the song!! It was quite fascinating. I enjoyed the song enough.

I can't even begin to describe how much this song hits for me (and always has). Like it has to be my favorite of hers, bar none. The production and vocal performance really do a great job representing your chosen theme of confidence. I think that it's a solid choice in star quality, as some girlies truly do not have it! I've yet to hear a Christina song where confidence doesn't come through in some form.

Another mega banger from my teenage years... y'all are making this so hard ugh. I love this song. This was another smart choice for the unique quality, and the song represents it well lyrically. You aren't kidding that this song really set the dominoes into motion for her subsequent career. She didn't lie when she said she can't be tamed! We love her dedication to changing it up every year.

Excellent song!! She did what she had to do in a such a timeless fashion. It's an excellent blend of genres and emotions. This was also a strong selection for the semi-final, and I think she has demonstrated her skill in this area multiple times this season. I do wonder if your explanation would have been strengthened by focusing on just one quality.

@CBC @Auburn @wish @Not Like The Movies

perioddd

PSE (post someone's elimination)

lurking

147???

ITS GIVING ... FASHION!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.