Are the 20s worse than the teen years?

Aethereal

yes and no

this journey of self love and maturing > 

the responsibilities and just realizing how ****** up the world is < 

You're comparing decades. I'm sure there were moments between being 13-17 (or 13-18/13-19, if you consider 18/19 to be a teenager) that you enjoyed, and I'm sure there are/will be moments between 20-29 that you will enjoy as well. 

I will say, being recently 26, I prefer my 20s to my teens. I definitely have more health/medical problems and my anxiety has gotten worse, but I also like the freedom that comes with being financially independent, being a car-owner, having property to my name, having a job, maintaining a relationship, etc. I also feel more myself and transparent to my partner, friends, and family. 

Yes, making friends can be harder when you get older, and I've been privileged to stay in the same hometown I've grown up with, and most of my friends live within driving distance of me, but even if you have to start from scratch, other people have done it. My sister moved to a different state at 18, had no one, and now has tons of friends she made in her new hometown. If making friends at work is hard, join a club/organization in person. You could even make online friends from gaming or being part of social media groups. Heck, you can try to make friends on here! 

Unless you are a sociopath or have debilitating, crippling anxiety that prevents you from socializing, you can absolutely make friends. 

Absolutely. I'm turning 26 in January 9 and right now I'm going thru it. I finished uni a year ago and since September I've been job hunting and I can't find anything because I have no experience, so I feel like I wasted my early 20s studying something useless and, of course, I can't move out from my parents' house :deadbanana4:

20 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Early 20's are great. I hadnt ever had so much fun. Tbh I feel like early 20's right now vs. Millennials early 20's is completely different. Times are sad and just strange now. Millennials had so many historic moments, clubs were safe, celebrities were always interesting and iconic, nobody was doing the same thing. The mood was just different. Idk whats going on now.

i don't know about that. i'm in my early 20s right now and still enjoying myself a lot. it depends more on the person 

Late twenties and early thirties have been great so far. I'm more at peace with myself, i am financially independent, i have a car, i have things i want to do etc Relationship/love has been a disappointment (I had only one and it was toxic af) but i'm a lot more content with being alone (at least most of the time). 

Edited by yourcloud

Nah my teen years were consistently miserable with barely any highs. The best thing about adulthood is the freedom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.