K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

@Britney Jean I've had this on replay or in my head for the last 24 hours. Please be more considerate in the future when accurately naming a bside SOTY and urging others to listen to them.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Bang Chan scolding STAYs is my favorite genre of him

💌 7.51PM

Same for me

Do u know what I hate the most tho?

https://twitter.com/christophertext/status/1696838212856250519

💌 7.58PM

When people think that they’re trying to help but they’re actually not lol 

You know what I mean?

https://twitter.com/christophertext/status/1696840216269795673

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

This better be a full length album or else 😤  no but forreal, it's been long enough.

full length with 9 tracks according to itunes and apple music! but the physical versions include 10 track cards, that's why I was thinking of a hidden track 

7 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Collab when? :heart2:

We had a small one :chick3: 

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

We had a small one :chick3: 

He heard me. :oh:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

:heart:

crazy how amazing vocals can make a song 1000x better :deadbanana2:

should've been a danielle solo

OMG Woojin comeback :jonnycat:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Telepathy :jonny4: A B-SIDE

55 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Bang Chan scolding STAYs is my favorite genre of him

💌 7.51PM

Same for me

Do u know what I hate the most tho?

https://twitter.com/christophertext/status/1696838212856250519

💌 7.58PM

When people think that they’re trying to help but they’re actually not lol 

You know what I mean?

https://twitter.com/christophertext/status/1696840216269795673

spacer.png

STAYs straight up embarrassed him and attacked the company for not allowing him to do lives anymore and trended hashtags #ProtectBangChan etc.

But they didn’t realize that the whole reason why the company restricted him from doing lives is indeed to protect him :rip:

All of this wouldn’t even happen to begin with, and Chan would still be doing his lives, if STAYs weren’t dramatic as always. Like it’s all their fault basically

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

STAYs straight up embarrassed him and attacked the company for not allowing him to do lives anymore and trended hashtags #ProtectBangChan etc.

But they didn’t realize that the whole reason why the company restricted him from doing lives is indeed to protect him :rip:

If STAYs weren’t dramatic as hell as always, all of this wouldn’t even happen to begin with, and Chan would still be doing his lives. 

JYPiss wouldn't have to cancel his lives to "protect him" if Chan could keep his big mouth shut with the thinly veiled bitter shade of other artists hidden under the guise of always being the "nice guy".

See: anytime he sees anything regarding Woojin, the IVE situation, etc.

bophand.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

JYPiss wouldn't have to cancel his lives to "protect him" if Chan could keep his big mouth shut with the thinly veiled bitter shade of other artists hidden under the guise of always being the "nice guy".

bophand.gif

He can indeed be very messy sometimes, but the IVE thing was all STAYs fault and not him. 

However, he knew exactly what he was doing with the Woojin situation with his messy self :rip:

I feel like Chan can indeed take the Parasocial relationship too far with STAYs, which can be seen by how some STAYs are now throwing tantrums over him not doing lives anymore as if it were the right to get lives from him begin with :rip: 

Edited by Pluto2022

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

bophand.gif

Except he wasn't shading IVE or anyone. What he said can't even be categorized as shade. He was talking about a situation he went through and bringing up options of why It might have happened. If the person/people was/were shy and didn't feel comfortable to say 'Hello' back, If they didn't see his compliment or If It's just him being a boomer and over thinking. 

The fault is on his fans and K-pop community jumping on the situation to make a big deal of what there is none. 

33 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Offf The competition is tough.

The thing about this is greffin manages both olivia and taehyung so scheduling both for sep 8 was deliberate. They want the fans to empty their wallets and it’s so messed up.. taehyung’s album couldve 100% gotten a bb200 no1 any other week but now.. :monkey:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Except he wasn't shading IVE or anyone. What he said can't even be categorized as shade. He was talking about a situation he went through and bringing up options of why It might have happened. If the person/people was/were shy and didn't feel comfortable to say 'Hello' back, If they didn't see his compliment or If It's just him being a boomer and over thinking. 

The fault is on his fans and K-pop community jumping on the situation to make a big deal of what there is none. 

He's been doing this long enough and knows his fanbase well enough to know how some of the things he says can be construed.

LeeKnow.thumb.gif.556e00336cb567f733cb92

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Exactly, cause people will be using it against them their whole career, and it’s already a meme now

It’s literally the most viral and memorable part of the song along with the pre-chorus? :emofish:

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

He's been doing this long enough and knows his fanbase well enough to know how some of the things he says can be construed.

LeeKnow.thumb.gif.556e00336cb567f733cb92

Exactly, Chan was doing a 1-2 hour livestream every week for over 3 years and It had over 200 episodes. What means, It isn't humanly possible to calculate every single word you've said and the impact It might have on people who is watching. 

8 minutes ago, katyberry said:

It’s literally the most viral and memorable part of the song along with the pre-chorus? :emofish:

I know, but this means that they have to sell out all their shows from now on, or else people will drag them and use that line against them, which is what we meant by “setting them up”. 

“I'm sorry that it hurts you
No, I'm sorry I ain't sorry
aespa, big girls makin' money
aespa, you're our number one fan now
You can only see me at our sold out shows“

wining-bubbling.gif

30 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

All of this wouldn’t even happen to begin with, and Chan would still be doing his lives, if STAYs weren’t dramatic as always. Like it’s all their fault basically

They make mistreatment against Stray Kids their whole personality. They were harassing other fans that weren't trending hashtags, shitting on the Company and supporting trucks and prefered to act like actual human beings instead of straight up freaks. 

But I like how transparent Bang Chan is and set boundaries with the fandom some times they try to control his life in the name of 'protection'. It's not the first nor the second time. 

• Like 1

hi I just got back home from my crazy road trip back home from Aespa, got a flat tire on the way home and was left in the middle of nowhere Maryland for 2 days :rip: but finally home. 

aespa was truly amazing though like WOW. their vocals are no joke :jonny5: all their little solo songs are absolutely amazing, especially winter's and ningning's. giselles is a lil too good :jonny2: but my god... they are literally STUNNING, could not get over how gorgeous they all are. 

Spicy, Next Level, DCT, and Black Mamba live was an EXPERIENCE to hear :WAP: i'm still in shock

• Like 8

Woojin set the bar too high with My Growing Pains that I’m somewhat disappointed his new mini doesn’t have anything on that level. Tryin’ is cute tho :gaycat6: