K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Somi August 7, confirmed

Fifty Fifty are basically done and over

aespa American single in August apparently, MV shooting in process

K/DA this year apparently

Don't know about the rest

Are we getting a mini or an album from Somi? Yass at new Aespa material but we need the solos! I'm seeing them in September 😊  yeah I follow a kpop songwriter and she was at riot studios for their writing camp for k/da. What do you mean by Fifty Fifty are over and done? They just got signed to a new label and are on the Barbie soundtrack. I assume that they have to be working on new stuff. Not sure what was going on with them but apparently theirs been alot of issues behind the scenes with the members versus the labels would you care to elaborate?

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

any other comebacks coming up soon from kpop girls or girl groups i'm desperate for new CL, JEON SOMI, HYUNA, CHUNGHA, AESPA & their solos, BLACKPINK, BLACK SWAN, FIFTY FIFTY, IVE, K/DA, MAVE, ALEXA, SEORI, SUNMI, TAEYEON, YOUHA asap

STAYC mini album on august 16th :foxaylove3:

• Like 1

• TheShow.EP334: KISS OF LIFE, Lapillus, Queenz Eye, ILY:1, ICHILLIN', Kim Soyeon, SWAN, MIRAE, ZEROBASEONE, Jaechan

Two boy groups.  You hate to see it.

:cm:

28 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

reactions when BP doesnt renew? dont want yall pretending to be shocked when the news breaks.

They already did and signed to a new label what are you even on and where did this even come from ? Also where the **** is their song THE GIRLS 💀 the teased an announcement about it coming soon then just disappeared 💀 why is YG so terrible at managing them properly 😥

Kinda one of those do or die situations right here.

• Like 1

Just now, SchmoodRing said:

Are we getting a mini or an album from Somi? Yass at new Aespa material but we need the solos! I'm seeing them in September 😊  yeah I follow a kpop songwriter and she was at riot studios for their writing camp for k/da. What do you mean by Fifty Fifty are over and done? They just got signed to a new label and are on the Barbie soundtrack. I assume that they have to be working on new stuff. Not sure what was going on with them but apparently theirs been alot of issues behind the scenes with the members versus the labels would you care to elaborate?

1. Somi mini album

2. Fifty Fifty are done because while they're trying to get out of the contract, their company ATTRAKT keeps trying to blacklist them from the industry and not let them use the name FIFTY FIFTY.

What is more, knetz consider the girls very ungrateful and their reputation is done, so even if they manage to redebut under the new name, their reputation is tarnished in Korea.

They think it's "karma"

1. Wow even I feel regret for them

2. They are just getting their own karma tsk tsk

3. You fools

4. Karma, I don't want to see them on broadcast

5. At this rate, they just didn't want to become celebrities

6. I didn't believe in karma but I do after seeing them

7. This was their own dumb mistake

8. I now believe in reaping what you sow

9. ... legendary karma...ㅋㅋㅋ

10. I'm curious about how they are realizing all the opportunities they've missedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5 hours ago, SandyJeans said:

a trilogy??? what's going awnn 

dwSLyKu.gif

are they trying to pull a triple-title release?

Noise trilogy. Ew.. keep it

We want Apink, Weeekly & Victon

Their company (Plan M) shouldn’t merge with TBZ’s company. The way they made Weeekly did Ven Para after the merge and crickets after that

I really like the LSFM Japanese single! very chill

1 hour ago, Hazy said:

I hope Scooter will turn his money and clout-chasing mode on and book some promo spots for NewJeans when they will be in the US for Lollapalooza 

What does Scooter have to do with NJ?

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

He's an executive somewhere within Bighybe.

49 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

reactions when BP doesnt renew? dont want yall pretending to be shocked when the news breaks.

I really don't know what to expect so it'll be a shock whether they disband or stay with YG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

scooter is in charge of newjeans? taylor collab cancelled!

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Wait Scooter manages them? Aw hell

14 minutes ago, Cain said:

Scooter is in charge of Hybe America :coffee:

that’s why he’s repping BTS and monitored Jungkook’s solo while he was working on it in the US 

he’s already posting NewJeans on his insta and following them closely, he’s well aware they are the next big thing

kpop stans are not ready for his shenaningans to push NewJeans to the new heights in the States as soon as MHJ will give him the permission to do so :flower:

13 minutes ago, Antunes said:

this is better than the title

One song is produced by famous producers while the other is produced by nugu group factory workers.  Guess which is which?

At least we can still listen to their old Stephen Lee tracks instead.

Edited by harrythevifan

Kinda crazy, but not only was SBSM's The Show chock full of girl groups today, but 4 of the girl groups ended up performing a total of 8 songs.  NewJeans, their impact.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Noise trilogy. Ew.. keep it

We want Apink, Weeekly & Victon

Their company (Plan M) shouldn’t merge with TBZ’s company. The way they made Weeekly did Ven Para after the merge and crickets after that

Apink left IST… Only Eunji stayed :deadbanana4:

And yeah Ven para was a big mistake but I also blame some members who desperately wanted to do a girl crush concept :coffee2:! They flopped even more and a lot of their fanbase left 

Edited by Adama

Who needs flop TV show appearances when you can buy promo slots on TikTok and Spotify instead? :rip:  

• Like 2

this sounds like something i would hear from a 90's anime 

so good :heart:

• Like 2

Hyungwon really did well by being in charge of the music for MX-19.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sept said:

Who needs flop TV show appearances when you can buy promo slots on TikTok and Spotify instead? :rip:  

more labels especially the big 4 should take notes on ador — spotify playlisting, youtube partnership not spending on youtube ads

• Like 1