K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

12 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

This is definitely the best disbandment song ever, right?

No, this is

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

misamo japan

#3 Line Real Time & Daily

#65 Recochoku Single Daily

not charting in spotify jp, am & amazon music and still no other schedule from warner japan/jype other than one music station appearance :gaycat6: when are they going to get let out of the dungeon and promote in variety & radio shows.

Can’t wait to see it live :heart2: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eternium said:

SM ignoring Asia again, and still not releasing any JP singles, when they are about to do dome dates over there, is the reason why no SM acts will ever truly succeed globally like HYBE groups 

Edited by Pluto2022

30 minutes ago, dangerlady said:

misamo japan

not charting in spotify jp, am & amazon music and still no other schedule from warner japan/jype other than one music station appearance :gaycat6: when are they going to get let out of the dungeon and promote in variety & radio shows.

The fact It didn't chart on AM, Amazon Music and Spotify is crazy, cause Twice's releases always do even without promotion. They just recently did with 'Hare Hare'. 

I feel like Twice's digital performance on Japan is carried by the general public/non-fans and since they aren't aware of 'Misamo' brand (due to the lack of promo), the fans can't make them charting alone. 

Edited by Mitsuki

5 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The fact It didn't did chart on AM, Amazon Music and Spotify is crazy, cause Twice's releases always do even without promotion. They just recently did with 'Hare Hare'. 

I feel like Twice's digital performance on Japan is carried by the general public/non-fans and since they aren't aware of 'Misamo' brand (due the lack of promo), the fans can't make them charting alone. 

are they even going to promote? i'm still hoping warner plan something for them, maybe during the showcase or after the album drop. if there is nothing, it's unfair for misamo. 

2 minutes ago, dangerlady said:

are they even going to promote? i'm still hoping warner plan something for them, maybe during the showcase or after the album drop. if there is nothing, it's unfair for misamo. 

I saw they are going to have a performance on Music Station this week.

But I noticed the fans complaining about the lack of promotion, so maybe they are only going to this show. 

57 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

SM ignoring Asia again, and still not releasing any JP singles, when they are about to do dome dates over there, is the reason why no SM acts will ever truly succeed globally like HYBE groups 

Can English singles not be promoted in Japan? That seems like the obvious push

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

As a Black Brit, I never thought I would see the day that K-pop would finally take from Black British sounds :deadbanana2:

What??? Uk garage, drum&bass, breakbeat and dubstep have always been massive influences in kpop :celestial5:

The uk-pop bands which appropriated these sounds in the late 90s/early 2000s have influenced k-pop just as much as their American counter part 

14 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

not even XG want to push their English singles in Japan. 

16 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

In most cases you can't because groups tend to be signed with competitors globally so they can't do much there, but tiktok does the work

Idk why people think japanese singles are necessary when Japan ignores most of them, only Twice's and BTS' make any noise and even then Dynamite, Butter and The Feels are bigger than most of their j-singles, they eat up english stuff :dies:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

aespa are also expected to work with local partners to focus on U.S. marketing to expand their Global Popularity

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

when will sm give it up :rip: 

i'll give sm this one more chance, if this US attempt fails again they need to leave the girls alone and just focus on asia

2 hours ago, dangerlady said:

misamo japan

it's such a shame bc misamo are such an iconic trio

will they perform on their tour?

not the explicit version rising on kcharts too :jonnycat:

41 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

In most cases you can't because groups tend to be signed with competitors globally so they can't do much there, but tiktok does the work

Idk why people think japanese singles are necessary when Japan ignores most of them, only Twice's and BTS' make any noise and even then Dynamite, Butter and The Feels are bigger than most of their j-singles, they eat up english stuff :dies:

Even with promo do not touch would flop because this is not the sound  the GP is used to. I’m pissed they didn’t drop global preorders :rip: They would’ve sold so well. 

3 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

As a Black Brit, I never thought I would see the day that K-pop would finally take from Black British sounds :deadbanana2:

But NewJeans creates bops so it's worth it I guess!

---

Jini is a model now apparently!

Damn she's booking MAC already and will be on Elle, the star power :jonny4:

the itzy album teaser is quite good tbh its very cohesive and might be my fav release from them yet judging by the snippets

the album sounds kinda mature for them

edit: except for the title track ofc :rip: 

Edited by MonsterNavy

happy NCT Dream 3rd full album release day :heart:

F1AfqTQaUAMPueG?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

The thing is, there’s never been a real “push” for aespa in the US. Yes they were here doing some shows and press, but it wasn’t a full out offensive. It takes WORK to launch a career in the US and SM hasn’t done that.

It's more than just hitting the festival circuit and a few talk shows. Now that they seem to be working with partners to do it, this is the way to go.

Having them use their label connections to perform at Award shows with a KILLER set in English is a way to do it. And it can’t be with a weak song like Life’s Too Short. We don’t care. Give us an English version of Girls or Illusion or Thirsty. Work with viral content creators on TikTok. Go camp out in LA or NY for six months. It can be done, but SM has been going about it lazily. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator
3 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

happy NCT Dream 3rd full album release day :heart:

F1AfqTQaUAMPueG?format=jpg&name=large

Jeno so handsome 

12 minutes ago, Zuko said:

it's such a shame bc misamo are such an iconic trio

will they perform on their tour?

probably...it's like a small concert, they also have merch. there is also a different high touch event. warner's promoting them to their existing fanbase.