K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

No shade to this groups but I just checked spotify

RV's latest song ( Birthday ) - 23M

EXO ( Don't fight the feeling ) - Not even their top 10 most streamed strongs

1 or 2 songs doesn't change what I said that SM acts are visibly weaker in the platform especially if you compare them to their peers :coffee2:

SM spent a lot of resources promoting in China (several trainees/members from there + a whole NCT sub-unit for China) which doesn't count towards Spotify but contributes significantly to their sales. Just like how JYP is very focused in Japan and all their groups pretty popular there.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Administrator
2 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

anticipate classy heaux misamo :gaycat:

If they serve…. :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

1 or 2 songs doesn't change what I said that SM acts are visibly weaker in the platform especially if you compare them to their peers :coffee2:

That’s why I said used. A lot of their TT were able to surpass 100 millions streams compared to the others SM acts and DFTF was never promoted. Birthday is trash, the song don’t deserve any streams but Feel my rythme surpassed more than 100 millions streams. It’s clear that the casual listeners prefers their velvet concept like Bad boy, Psycho, Feel my rythme, Peak a boo etcc. 

If SM was more serious with RV they could pull good numbers on Spotify 

Edited by Adama
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adama said:

That’s why I said used. A lot of their TT were able to surpass 100 millions streams compared to the others SM acts and DFTF was never promoted. Birthday is trash, the song don’t deserve any streams but Feel my rythme surpassed more than 100 millions streams. It’s clear that the casual listeners prefers their velvet concept like Bad boy, Psycho, Feel my rythme, Peak a boo etcc. 

If SM was more serious with RV they could pull good numbers on Spotify 

Okay but then again if you put them side by side with their peers. They're at the bottom in the Big 3/4 whatever

Like I don't get this constant shade and hateboner on Aespa. Focus on your faves gorls

i love new york tiffany pollard gif | WiffleGif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

You’re comparing RV and EXO’s flops past their peak to aespa at their supposed peak. 

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

You’re comparing RV and EXO’s flops past their peak to aespa at their supposed peak. 

B-BuT ATRL told me they're Fads. What is the truth? :nicole:

Just now, Odette Violet said:

B-BuT ATRL told me they're Fads. What is the truth? :nicole:

Who’s fads? I said THEIR peak in their own career , it doesn’t have to do anything with being fads or not. 

• ATRL Administrator

• Like 2

this random hit tweet saying they must smell expensive :redface: the way their image in korea went from girls next door to goddesses basically :dies:

• Like 1

Aespa riling up the girls as usual, I see 

They have bad streams like who cares? their peers can have all the streams. Aespa has the body of work and vocals :gaycat2:

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bring back heaux concepts for girl groups please! 

the way this is already a thot bop, but now when I listen to it I always remember someone in here saying Giselle was serving p*rn teacher for this stage :dies:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

This thread :redface:

The stinks in that thread hiding behind SNSD to bash Twix as if that isn't soshi's sons. :redface:

14 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Okay but then again if you put them side by side with their peers. They're at the bottom in the Big 3/4 whatever

Like I don't get this constant shade and hateboner on Aespa. Focus on your faves gorls

i love new york tiffany pollard gif | WiffleGif

What is the shade to say that Aespa are not on par compared to their peers. The difference is that Rv is still #3  meanwhile Aespa is getting outstreamed by gg who aren’t part of the big 3/4. Mamamoo never outstreamed RV for exemple. Exo was #2 and def not at the bottom too lol 

and it’s mostly because of the music.  

Edited by Adama

Aespa is way weaker than they should be. I mean, SM can very easily give them internationally appealing songs and chooses not to. The fact that they’re barely above RV on Spotify monthly listeners :rip: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

this random hit tweet saying they must smell expensive :redface: the way their image in korea went from girls next door to goddesses basically :dies:

Yeah, their brand change is kinda giving Korean Beyoncés :chick1:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

What is the shade to say that Aespa are not on par compared to their peers. The difference is that Rv is still #3  meanwhile Aespa is getting outstreamed by gg who aren’t part of the big 3/4. Mamamoo never outstreamed RV for exemple. Exo was #2 and def not at the bottom too lol 

and it’s mostly because of to the music 

Congratulations then? such an impressive feat :clap3:

Anyway back to the music discussion. We need more of this direction for their first rumored album 

aespa on Twitter: "aespa 에스파 'Salty & Sweet' Track Video  🎬https://t.co/Kw5ueJaeX6 aespa 에스파 The 3rd Mini Album 〖MY WORLD〗 ➫  2023.05.08 6PM KST #aespa #æspa #에스파 #MYWORLD #aespa_MYWORLD #SaltyandSweet  #aespa_SaltyandSweet #Spicy ...

The girls are eating every girl groups out there visually :gaycat:

Edited by Odette Violet

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Aespa is way weaker than they should be. I mean, SM can very easily give them internationally appealing songs and chooses not to. The fact that they’re barely above RV on Spotify monthly listeners :rip: 

“Very easily” as if they didn’t try that with Life’s too short and failed miserably. 
You guys said the same thing with RV, that if they wanted to they could easily release one international smash after the other. It wasn’t true then and it isn’t true now 

SM are doing everything in their power to get success 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Yeah, their brand change is kinda giving Korean Beyoncés :chick1:

now that you mention it... she kind of has been their print since day 1 :dies:

SANA x GRAFF is insane tho 

She’s wearing well over 5M in her campaign shot :deadbanana:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

They missed an opportunity with Illusion and Hold on tight! Imagine if Illusion had a mv with a similar visual direction :jonnycat: 

And hold on tight hook is so catchy 

6 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

“Very easily” as if they didn’t try that with Life’s too short and failed miserably. 
You guys said the same thing with RV, that if they wanted to they could easily release one international smash after the other. It wasn’t true then and it isn’t true now 

SM are doing everything in their power to get success 

Life too short have zero International appeal :dies:, these types of songs are not on trend anymore 

10 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Congratulations then? such an impressive feat :clap3:

Anyway back to the music discussion. We need more of this direction for their first rumored album 

aespa on Twitter: "aespa 에스파 'Salty & Sweet' Track Video  🎬https://t.co/Kw5ueJaeX6 aespa 에스파 The 3rd Mini Album 〖MY WORLD〗 ➫  2023.05.08 6PM KST #aespa #æspa #에스파 #MYWORLD #aespa_MYWORLD #SaltyandSweet  #aespa_SaltyandSweet #Spicy ...

The girls are eating every girl groups out there visually :gaycat:

You literally inserted yourself in the convo :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Adama said:

Hanni is the main slayer of this group

Both Hanni and Danielle No one in kpop has the gut to pull that snatched hair off like her :gayalipacat5: She needs to bring her snatched hair to inkigayo