K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Not giving them a comeback I guess. 
also ruining their perfect streak of quality albums with the latest title track (I know some members liked it but the producers should check them when they’re wrong :mandown:)

I just realized some of the Pass The Mic producers/songwriters also wrote Nmixx O.O :rip: maybe that explain the quality decline.

(Sorry it's from the Chinese bilibili link, but this video basically compiles all the songwriting credits from this producer teams)

https://b23.tv/ZmWaYB9

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

rise lotus, rise

michael-jackson-reading.gif

26 minutes ago, FACT said:

Which one ? I only saw aespa fans called Fifty Fifty payola frauds like NewJeans few pages back 

spacer.png

that one user is always talking about hybe stans this & hybe stans that but are the hybe stans in the room now?

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

I just realized some of the Pass The Mic producers/songwriters also wrote Nmixx O.O :rip: maybe that explain the quality decline.

(Sorry it's from the Chinese bilibili link, but this video basically compiles all the songwriting credits from this producer teams)

https://b23.tv/ZmWaYB9

Umm Blessed-Cursed is amazing though….maybe it was just a fluke for those producers:bird:

Edited by Witnessed ET

When armys posted this jungwoo pic as a drag but it had the opposite effect.

spacer.png

I stan a chain smoking/scamming group.  :jonny6:

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

rise lotus, rise

I don't understand the hype about Hold on light. I'm not saying this as a Giselle bias who's mad she barely got parts it genuinely sounds basic and by the number to me. Which is understandable since it's an OST but some of y'all been calling it song of the year :michael:

5 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

I don't understand the hype about Hold on light. I'm not saying this as a Giselle bias who's mad she barely got parts it genuinely sounds basic and by the number to me. Which is understandable since it's an OST but some of y'all been calling it song of the year :michael:

People are grasping onto it because Aespa has had no promotions and this is the first new Aespa song we've gotten in almost a year. They were at the peak of their popularity in Kpop 18 months ago and are still one of the most popular current groups, so its being discussed widely. Also a lot of people have said that this year has been pretty muted so far, so hearing a massive upbeat dance track gets people excited naturally.

will people say it’s auto play now ? :cm:

This wave of bedroom pop is incessantly boring to me idk. I get that people don't enjoy like maximalism in pop music and call it annoying now (i.e. the reception of every Blackpink song from Born Pink/Girls (title track)). I listen to idol groups and soloists to hear more realized pop songs that don't compromise the fun and camp. The newest Twice singles, though both being Dua Lipa rejects, are in that vein of maximalist pop energy that feels sorely lacking right now. Even NewJeans, who make noticeably more "muted" pop tracks, are bringing something new and interesting to that sound. So, hearing a boring and bland song like Cupid going MEGA viral will cue other companies into following that trend. Im here for gaudy pop songs not the most mediocre form of bedroom/city pop out there. 

4 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

3rd gen had a long period where ballad singers were reigning and idol songs were less popular

the amount of times people here posted that kpop was over back then :hoetenks:

Yeah I remember that era :deadbanana4:

Even though idol groups in general were a bit struggling at the time but at least some of top idol groups still topped the gaon singles chart

2019 were peak of Kpop fatigue i fear. It really recover in the beginning of 2020 though

3 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Yeah I remember that era :deadbanana4:

Even though idol groups in general were a bit struggling at the time but at least some of top idol groups still topped the gaon singles chart

2019 were peak of Kpop fatigue i fear. It really recover in the beginning of 2020 though

The 2020's are the start of a larger cultural spread of Kpop. That was the only major music market consistently doing LIVE performances and full album rollouts and promotions. People clued into it quickly bc our faves weren't able to do it like the kpop girlies.

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

Edited by lgaga1fan

they don’t make songs like this anymore

hmm the closest in recent memory might be EVERGLOW Pirate… we need them back :gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The 2020's are the start of a larger cultural spread of Kpop. That was the only major music market consistently doing LIVE performances and full album rollouts and promotions. People clued into it quickly bc our faves weren't able to do it like the kpop girlies.

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

The pandemic also helped these Kpop companies to work their ass off and more 4th gen groups debuting

Hell even groups like BP for example was starting to promote more in Korea because YG can't ship them outside of the country :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

The pandemic also helped these Kpop companies to work their ass off and more 4th gen groups debuting

The only company in kpop who's working their ass off right now is Avex.

:cm:

55 minutes ago, Fanta said:

that one user is always talking about hybe stans this & hybe stans that but are the hybe stans in the room now?

spacer.png

N/A 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

will people say it’s auto play now ? :cm:

No because it was started by their fans during NewJeans bombing But wow we can’t comepare this to Fifty Fifty who wasn’t backed by Apple TV and Taron is on their cover

10 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Ayumi Hamasaki is a hardworking queen wbk :jonny:

27 minutes ago, smates said:

I need this mf back on stage, enough with these chaotic lives :bibliahh:

Is he selling his used underwear? :cm:

53 minutes ago, playboi said:

Better than Dally :gaycatina1:

Over You and Body Talk are so good

42 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

is this a butt sex joke