K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just now, smates said:

I love Jungkook sm, but he annoys me sometimes :deadbanana2: He has the power (a basic collab of his was the most streamed act by a korean artist last year, Euphoria -an album track has more streams than Jennie's solo which came out the same year for reference).

On top of that he is actually talented, has great stage presence and decent English skills. Like look at him go (the views, tho :ace:)

And he is still only 25 :rip: He could be a main pop boy if he wanted to, why's he wasting his potential, idgi.

because it’s clear his dream is to be edgy, but he’s a kpop idol so there goes that and he doesn’t care much? 

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, smates said:

And he is still only 25 :rip: He could be a main pop boy if he wanted to, why's he wasting his potential, idgi.

Lee Know ate here on the left 

wish this thread would stop being so negative about everything related to jisoo

a lot of very cool things are happening for her and we should applaud that

her solo flopping or doing well will not change that

and saying that jisoo or any other member is the least popular of a group like bp is silly when they all thrive in their own ways, being the least would still mean being miles above 99.9% of the other idols :-*

2 minutes ago, smates said:

I love Jungkook sm, but he annoys me sometimes :deadbanana2: He has the power (a basic collab of his was the most streamed act by a korean artist last year, Euphoria -an album track has more streams than Jennie's solo which came out the same year for reference).

On top of that he is actually talented, has great stage presence and decent English skills. Like look at him go (the views, tho :ace:)

Yeah he’s very very talented and has such a wide appeal where he could go beyond a kpop audience. He has the world in the palm of his hands if he wants to take it, he just needs to have a strategy and calculate his steps. Not deleting his insta and possibly limiting his social media presence :rip: and i know he probably already has a lot of money pouring in but Instagram is a valuable tool in todays age where big celebrities like him can form great connections with the biggest brands and earns millions through posts. Even random influencers are raking in dollars from their insta. 
I like that he’s unbothered and unserious but that’s not good for his career I fear. 

11 minutes ago, smates said:

people saw him as this perfect clean-cut idol (and for him it's a 1000 times more overwhelming since he is the most popular member of the biggest group) and he just wants to break out from that (for as much as he can in a kpop magnitude like BTS)

I think that's why he went for less appealing looks, get a bunch of tattoos/piercings and delete an account with millions of followers as if it's nothing

it might be his coping mechanism

Edited by ItsJustMe.

4 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

and saying that jisoo or any other member is the least popular of a group like bp is silly when they all thrive in their own ways, being the least would still mean being miles above 99.9% of the other idols :-*

Sorry sis I was just not here for ppl using Jisoo to drag NJ. Nothing against her. Getting a Vogue France cover is a big deal and I was gagged when I saw it :bird:

Just now, ItsJustMe. said:

:clap3:

BP as a group and girls’ solo status is what other companies are aiming for so it’s just stupid to undermine any of their achievements 

28 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

"Money" didn't chart on Gaon and peaked at #90 on Billboard. Explain it to me how is this bigger than Ditto or OMG?

Jisoo, however, is gonna pray that she can pull at least Money's numbers, otherwise it's just more concrete proof that she's the least popular of the 4.

NewJeans stans are truly in a different world :redface: I'm truly done :rip:

20 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Lee Know ate here on the left 

Omg I just noticed him too after you pointing it out :clap3:Went from being a backup dancer for BTS to now being in the 2nd biggest boy group after BTS

Edited by Pluto2022

2 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Sorry sis I was just not here for ppl using Jisoo to drag NJ. Nothing against her. Getting a Vogue France cover is a big deal and I was gagged when I saw it :bird:

oh I agree that the NJ's shade and hate is stale

KTRL has a hard time coping with their success it seems :jonnycat:

for example it’s pretty clear that NewJeans are molded after BP in the fashion and promo department - they are pushed separately right after debut with aim to reach big solo status but then they also get a lot of high profile group endorsments, no member is left out, I don’t think there is any other group in kpop with that clear vision 

I wish BP would have as engaged team as NJ :chick2: the way YG limit their potential for years now and they are still such force… 

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

An it-girl :msmarvel:

The Vogue caption :dies:

The way people inside the building are going crazy for her

Even Charlize Theron felt the need to protect her :clap3:

Ended all your faves 

Let's wait and see how the antis are gonna undermine this moment and still claim that NewJennies ended BP with their yogurt ads or whatever :emofish:

omg her moment with charlize is too iconic 

30 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

:dies:

They used an aespa pic as if they were anywhere near the end of their contract

bottoms-up-monster-energy-drink.gif

6 minutes ago, Hazy said:

for example it’s pretty clear that NewJeans are molded after BP in the fashion and promo department - they are pushed separately right after debut with aim to reach big solo status but then they also get a lot of high profile group endorsments, no member is left out, I don’t think there is any other group in kpop with that clear vision 

I wish BP would have as engaged team as NJ :chick2: the way YG limit their potential for years now and they are still such force… 

can they even go to after parties and stuff where the networking actually is?

id get aespa doing stuff like that

*amy gif*

maybe debuting girls of age would be a start trying to mimic BP

so they get to be brand ambassadors until the end of their contract at like 21 :skull: only get pushed aside for HYBE 7th gen GG?

u see why I keep saying bang pd is going to hell 

spacer.png

I would've put my best bet on V being the Harry/JT of the group if it didn't seem like he'd be releasing some artsy fartsy jazz stuff :skull: With Jungkook making unpredictable moves like these too who knows what will happen at this point 

Edited by Billionaire

1 minute ago, thirdward said:

can they even go to after parties and stuff where the networking actually is?

id get aespa doing stuff like that

*amy gif*

Hanni attended one! so there’s that at least :cm: I think she may be on to something, same goes for Danielle when she will hit the right age, them being natives and „sunshines” of the group will help them a lot 

and aespa… SM is doing almost everything wrong with them so there’s that 

I just hope we will get another Savage like album from them and that’s it, I don’t see them reaching big celebrity status abroad as long as they will have Kwangya going on and their management will be pushing them as a whole group

2 minutes ago, thirdward said:

so they get to be brand ambassadors until the end of their contract at like 21 :skull: only get pushed aside for HYBE 7th gen GG?

spacer.png

as if YG isn’t debuting even younger group now :rip:

33 minutes ago, smates said:

last year, Euphoria -an album track has more streams than Jennie's solo which came out the same year for reference).

Solo is bigger and more remembered. His fans/BOTS  mass streamed the song just to take the Jennie record that he didn’t get at the end since it’s not credited as a solo song :dies:.

1 minute ago, Hazy said:

as if YG isn’t debuting even younger group now :rip:

I thought we all knew YG was going to hell

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, thirdward said:

spacer.png

The 14 years old being a LV ambassador is so funny. Who’s looking at a 14 years old and say, oh I want to get her LV pants? Especially when she’s the last popular of them. 

At least pick a brand that fit her age like Tommy Hilfiger or Polo Ralph Lauren who have greats and popular kids collections. 

Edited by Adama

Speaking of aespa, the way I could seen them eating this hyperpop masterpiece up :WAP: 

SM better snatch Bebe again and make her write more masterpieces for them like she did back then with SHINee - Lucifer 

Edited by Pluto2022

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

If any of the NewJeans members were to debut solo, would they do better than Jisoo, yes or no? :cm: Every BP member alone is more known than NJ let's be real. 

bottoms-up-monster-energy-drink.gif

:cm:

the way rosé and Jennie are my bias but Jisoo can’t stop being the best girls ever :WAP: m

jungkook gonna enlist without an album I fear :dancehall2: V is like zayn best looking man of the group ever but his career will not be

and sustainable. 

Edited by Dialamba