K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

27 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

"Shade" is an enphemism 

Bobby straight up blamed him for what happened to iKON publicly :deadbanana2:

Mess! The fact that their biggest hits are produced and written by B.I too :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oh I forgot about this

escalator.gif

Hyolyn and Soyou live vocals queens :suburban: 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Zack said:

Drama era is over after just 9 days?? :skull:

I really do wish kpop groups would space out their performances and stretch out the promotions a bit.... I need a group to pull a dua lipa and just milk the **** out of one album

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adama said:

Mess! The fact that their biggest hits are produced and written by B.I too :deadbanana4:

Hyolyn and Soyou live vocals queens :suburban: 

MR removed used to be such a menace to kpop  :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Adama said:

And they performed these songs produced by B.I on the event :rip:

10 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oh I forgot about this

escalator.gif

LOL iconic

Anyone have that gif of THEE queen of Sistar saying that if you don't have the talent you don't deserve the luck?

Edited by kataraqueen

2 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

MR removed used to be such a menace to kpop  :deadbanana4:

Not too much on Dasom!!! Anyone would get nervous and sound a mess next to GODlyn

2 minutes ago, motherpills said:

I really do wish kpop groups would space out their performances and stretch out the promotions a bit.... I need a group to pull a dua lipa and just milk the **** out of one album

They used to promote for weeks but 1. SM is beefing with everyone 2. There's so many nugus on those programs now I'm sure they don't want to seem desperate 3. If even one member has other promo going on aka acting or w/e it's tough to pull off long winded promotions w/ only 4 people

50 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Maybe AOA were concept queens and their costume'd vision would be more appreciated in this endorsement fashion only era

3112e705fbff7c16ebe98bd9b2a1fc533c7d21b5

Not you ignoring their best sing. They were giving cvnt, custome, concept and Y2K iconism before it's cool since Day 1 

When you think about it AOA are the fosters daughters of SNSD in the concept department :clap3:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:suburban:

Shame they only have 9 more months until their contracts are over, they need to give us one more bop before they go :redface:

Thee group when you think about "Koncept" :alexz:

Still the most used and imitated concept up until this day. Invented  uniforms and patriotism 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

now that enough time has passed, i think we can all agree this was a bop that would've smashed if actual singers performed it :clap3:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Seunghan performed at an event tonight, SM haven't tried to bury him yet

spacer.png

ff, poor baby just debuted and the world is trying to take him OUT.

1 hour ago, gigantopithecus said:

"Netizens commented, "AOA's new release is really bad.... Total flop...", "Their new song is seriously terrible. And who made the choreography? What happened with this album?", "The raps are annoying again, especially in 'Bing Bing'", "Cosmic Girls even beat AOA..", and more." sourced from an old Allkpop article

But was AOA serving kpop excellence here? Why did we trash this song?

3112e705fbff7c16ebe98bd9b2a1fc533c7d21b5

The Kang Oh Dong viral dance being the chorus choreography.

1 hour ago, motherpills said:

Kpop has become insane. You'll get 4 performances in the first 24 hours but the promotions will only last a week :rip: 

SM used to do it a way I enjoyed, 4 weeks of promo with 2x shows a week. MCountdown + Music Core one week then Music Bank and Inkigayo next week. And do it again after. That way its not too exhausting for the girls and you're spacing out performances. 

Releasing 15 performances in less than 2 weeks and then ending promo is absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motherpills said:

Yeah it's so annoying when a group released a title track + the album, 2 weeks of music shows and zero mentions of b-sides

At least it's getting better nowadays with pre-release and post-release singles

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkling said:

Oh, Jake is so cute :bird:

Hide contents

The ending dog fairy guy? 

• Thanks 1