K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, armink said:

this is the tea :cm: all these people acting like DFTF is the second coming of Jesus are the same ones that think Butter and Boy With Luv are terrible songs and the cognitive dissonance is not sitting right with me

Butter IS horrible... some of ya'll like it?

Boy With Luv is good though. but lets not compare it to DFTF which is excellent

jj0Wvh8.thumb.gif.1b034259475ec88eeed2bb

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

the more I think about it this is kinda the best bg song of all time

the acapella bridge :jonny5:

will forever fume at them for not including this in their killing voice performance

31 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

I'm just happy EXO flopped with Obsession because SM would have give them more NCT type of music if they scored a hit and that would ruin their perfect discography. I was worried about SM obsession with noise lately (nct, aespa), but it feels riize is going the exo path in terms of music. :duca:

obsession is a great song though and the concept was great :chick3:

plus the vocal slayage was on point, especially from 2:43 to 3:12 :jonny5:

edit: 2:12-2:28 too :jonny5:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adama said:

They will never LEARN :rip:! Did he did this bc he just came back from Lil Uzi after party :deadbanana4:?

His only redemption arc is to post Manon fancams during Mission 3 and final Tell all of his fans to vote Manon :foxaylove3:

1 minute ago, youresotoxic said:

Butter IS horrible... some of ya'll like it?

Boy With Luv is good though. but lets not compare it to DFTF which is excellent

jj0Wvh8.thumb.gif.1b034259475ec88eeed2bb

Butter is a far better faceless pop song than DFTF and BWL is light years ahead of both :giraffe: . Obsession is better than both butter and DFTF because it’s far more interesting and has actual personality. 

Hope this helps!

:ryan3:

• Confused 1

DFTF the korean rain on me

and an enjoyable pop song with good vocals

:clack:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 2

Just now, armink said:

Butter is a far better faceless pop song than DFTF and BWL is light years ahead of both :giraffe: . Obsession is better than both butter and DFTF because it’s far more interesting and has actual personality. 

Hope this helps!

it did not, but that's okay!

stephm.png

DFTF can actually be sung LIVE perfectly :clap3: it can be worse than Butter and BWL (which it is not) and i'd still prefer it thanks to actual vocalists :clap3:BTS cannot sing any of their songs 

DFTF is a better rain on me. Shudder isn't awful but it sounds nothing like it :rip:

Not every song without pots and pans sounds the same. I hate when BG stans start trying to talk about music for this exact reason. :rip:

Edited by Century

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

the more I think about it this is kinda the best bg song of all time

You kinda spilled :coffee2:

• Like 1

Butter >>> Boy With Luv >>>> Dynamite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garbage pile >>>>>>>>>>>>> Permission to Turn This Off

• Like 1

Just now, youresotoxic said:

it did not, but that's okay!

stephm.png

DFTF can actually be sung LIVE perfectly :clap3: it can be worse than Butter and BWL (which it is not) and i'd still prefer it thanks to actual vocalists :clap3:BTS cannot sing any of their songs 

You admitted to enjoying Queendom so you must really enjoy your bland faceless pop songs and that’s wonderful for you, some of us care for a bit more flavor though!

And I’ve seen my faves in concert plenty of times and they are doing just fine live thank you very much :clap3:

• Like 1

Aw now I feel bad for her Hope she will have a great solo artist career Maybe cosplay Taylor Swift on Spotify will do her wonders

I feel like if she was just a background contestant in the show, she probably could make to final lineup and be a great addition 

Just now, armink said:

You admitted to enjoying Queendom so you must really enjoy your bland faceless pop songs and that’s wonderful for you, some of us care for a bit more flavor though!

And I’ve seen my faves in concert plenty of times and they are doing just fine live thank you very much :clap3:

a bit more flavor...? if you're talking about Butter and Boy With Luv then i'm not continuing this because that just tells me everything

stephm.png

Queendom is FUN and a cute pop song. some of ya'll just can't enjoy fun pop songs like that :katie2:

12 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

the acapella bridge :jonny5:

will forever fume at them for not including this in their killing voice performance

such a missed opportunity to flex :jonny3:

• Like 1

D-M24c2UEAEBt2L.jpg:large

Propose to me, Taeyong!

Just now, youresotoxic said:

Queendom is FUN and a cute pop song. some of ya'll just can't enjoy fun pop songs like that :katie2:

Wendell and Seulgi going AWF in the last chorus whew :jonny3:

• Like 1

Not a BTS army calling the instant classic modernized take on piano house pride month staple Queendom bland and faceless. Nobody knows BTS sings Seven because there's no musical identity there. :deadbanana4:

Red Velvet has more originality in their WORST releases than BTS had at their best 

• Thanks 2

Just now, cloudbusting said:

Wendell and Seulgi going AWF in the last chorus whew :jonny3:

EXACTLY :jonny2: they kinda devoured the last 40 seconds of the song

Joy in the bridge too :jonny5: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

a bit more flavor...? if you're talking about Butter and Boy With Luv then i'm not continuing this because that just tells me everything

stephm.png

If you could read you would realize I called butter a bland faceless pop song too, I just personally think it’s better executed than DFTF. I think Obsession is a more interesting song than all 3 (including BWL), but I prefer BWL because I’m biased.

And queendom might be fun but it’s the definition of faceless, I could imagine literally any nugu girl group singing it. You’re the one that can’t seem to enjoy a fun pop song just because it was made by BTS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

When BGs used to make music with actual melodies :'(

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It still baffles me that 2 years later and most kpop fans still don't understand the subtext of Queendom and why it's extremely particular to the  rainbow love sees no color dresses girl group. How poor does media literacy have to be in the kpop fandom for this to happen? Did they need to release a literal political manifesto? :rip:

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

this response got old like 6 times ago

it's giving dragging Jimin whenever @BTS talks about vocals

860370403_jiminiceecream.thumb.gif.3a757

12 hours ago, JonginBey said:

And we will continue to drag him!

I never even said anything :chick3:

LEAVE HIM ALONE

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, armink said:

And queendom might be fun but it’s the definition of faceless, I could imagine literally any nugu girl group singing it. You’re the one that can’t seem to enjoy a fun pop song just because it was made by BTS

same could be said for any BTS english release 

stephm.png

and I can enjoy a cute lil BTS bop. I do prefer their solo releases and a lot of their older group releases. their english releases just do nothing for me. 

Edited by youresotoxic

The trinity of BTS' discography 

I must say BTS early discography in general is so underrated (2013-2015), with Black Swan being the only newer release being able to compete with their older discography :celestial2:

• Like 1