K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

can yg release the contract renewal news already so you guys can talk about something else?

skzpnk-jennie.gif

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the g-idle cb? I didn't know they were having one. :deadbanana: or is it just some promo song for some brand? 

4 minutes ago, motherpills said:

can yg release the contract renewal news already so you guys can talk about something else?

skzpnk-jennie.gif

Miss Jennie Ruby Jane had just her farewell song out 

skzpnk-jennie.gif

5 minutes ago, THE GREAT ESCAPE said:

What is the g-idle cb? I didn't know they were having one. :deadbanana: or is it just some promo song for some brand? 

Debut English EP

7 minutes ago, motherpills said:

skzpnk-jennie.gif

That news would open a portal straight to hell and summon italics back through it. The recent fights have been much more palatable without his random vague threats pls no

skzpnk-jennie.gif

Edited by Century

1 hour ago, Winmill De Kwynn said:

Will Baddie be able to better Hypnosis I wonder

I’ve IVE is full of bops I’ve Mine is more like a thank you fans project and for the art :suburban:

Invented ads, cvntry and LG phones.

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY Chocolate Gods, they don't make ads like this anymore

Deserved to be a follow up proper single too after the smashery that was Genie in 2009

Day6: a Snsd song that makes you fall in love | Girls' Generation (소녀 시대)  Amino

• Like 1

I forgot f(x) had their version as well :dies:

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY :celestial4: 

Why f(x) version of 'Chocolate Love' is superior to SNSD version... -  Random - OneHallyu

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

They're doing them regardless.

It was just a B-side in a different language from something that was already charting. “Girls” is their only era where any B-sides missed the charts (Lingo, ICU) but somehow LTS made it in both English and Korean :deadbanana: 

35 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

YouTube & Spotify >>>>>>>>>> whatever local fruit app

zkFoCvI.gif

Spotify just got exposed this year for payola AND as a platform funding child traffickers. Stanning them in 2023 is like stanning R. Kelly and it needs to be said.

zkFoCvI.gif

24 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

i suggest you go back streaming vcha, they desperately need it

zkFoCvI.gif

Here’s what you’re so desperately looking for: 

Oui Ariel, Vanesya, Vulinhdan and Gehleedangca are serving in Universe Ticket It’s giving HER DEBUT 
Since the voting isn’t free Good luck girls :foxaylove2:

Edited by FACT

22 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

Ignore the troll, king. They’re looking to fight today :bibliahh:

zkFoCvI.gif

I’m aware that he’s currently fulfilling his dreams in Korea, and he aims to adopt a more daring and locally inspired persona by asserting that MelOn is bigger than both YouTube and Spotify. 

But who’s gonna tell him that YouTube is actually the #1 music streaming service in Korea as well and not MelOn :skull:

5 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

I forgot f(x) had their version as well :dies:

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY :celestial4: 

Why f(x) version of 'Chocolate Love' is superior to SNSD version... -  Random - OneHallyu

Not the song being as old as Krystal in the video :monkey: The English version they used to perform live leaked and it’s an old Britney demo why am I just finding out? What a slay:hippo:

Edited by IvyTower
  • Like 1

Just now, IvyTower said:

Not the song being as old as Krystal in the video :monkey: The English version they used to perform live leaked and it’s an old Britney demo :hippo:

Miss Spears impact on Kpop :clap3:SNSD and f(x) versions elevated it tho :ihype:

20 minutes ago, THE GREAT ESCAPE said:

I....who asked for that? :gaycat6:

I did because I Do is a contender for SOTY :fish1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Miss Spears impact on Kpop :clap3:SNSD and f(x) versions elevated it tho :ihype:

Such classics! I also just found out the demo was reworked from the song that was supposed to be Britney’s response to cry me a river that she eventually turned down for every time: Britney AI version of the song that was eventually also released by a different artist: 

it was written by the writer of toxic and can’t get you out of my head for Britney.

Edited by IvyTower
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

The Asian Selena Gomez with Range. Her Love You Like A Love Song and Rare Beauty are upon us

K-Pop Thread: 3 BLACKPINK Members Want out of YG, Want to Stay in BP - Page  3954 - Base - ATRL

The Mile and Jenner payola. Disgusting.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

KTRL when yg releases the contract renewal news:

Animated GIF

Edited by LiamVillain

6 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It was just a B-side in a different language from something that was already charting. “Girls” is their only era where any B-sides missed the charts (Lingo, ICU) but somehow LTS made it in both English and Korean :deadbanana: 

Spotify just got exposed this year for payola AND as a platform funding child traffickers. Stanning them in 2023 is like stanning R. Kelly and it needs to be said.

zkFoCvI.gif

Nobody is stanning Spotify or any other music platform for that matter. Spotify is indeed the the biggest music streaming platform globally along with YouTube. 

It has been stated multiple times that you have the worst takes in this thread and this proves yet again why

zkFoCvI.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

Not the song being as old as Krystal in the video :monkey: The English version they used to perform live leaked and it’s an old Britney demo why am I just finding out? What a slay:hippo:

The song has been given to like 6 different artists/writers and each is a different version (SNSD, f(x), Rachel Stevens, Brooke Valentine, Cathy Dennis, Karen Poole)

Bloodshy & Avant really wanted to squeeze the coins out of this beat :dies:

OT: I wish we got a studio version of f(x)'s English ver. There was also an English ver. of Chu and Nu ABO (called From Lust Till Dawn) that never got released. I wonder if SM was planning an English debut for them at one point back in the day. 

Edited by Zack
  • Thanks 3

Mavin Records, home to Rema and Ayra Starr, is seeking investment or eying a potential full sale with bidding coming from the Universal Music Group & HYBE.

The proposed deal is above $125 million and could be worth $150 million to $200 million, according to those sources.

The move is expected to raise funding to help position the label for more growth. The African continent is anticipated to be the next geographical repertoire to have a commanding presence on the global stage, similar to how Latin and K-pop have had an impact on the international marketplace in recent years.

Although it’s a conversation of an outright sale, the Mavin management team, led by legendary Nigerian music business executive @DONJAZZY, is expected to remain in place and retain some form of control over its destiny.

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

The song has been given to like 6 different artists/writers and each is a different version (SNSD, f(x), Rachel Stevens, Brooke Valentine, Cathy Dennis, Karen Poole)

Bloodshy & Avant really got their coins out of this beat :dies:

OT: I wish we got a studio version of f(x)'s English ver. There was also an English ver. of Chu and Nu ABO (called From Lust Till Dawn) that never got released. I wonder if SM was planning an English debut for them at one point back in the day. 

I do think that was the case given the push in indie scenes in the west. I wish they had :monkey:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

KTRL when yg releases the contract renewal news:

Animated GIF

60 pages an hour incoming, especially if they disband

Blinks will be having meltdowns and antis will be celebrating

200w.gif

NCT 127 sales have declined so much, how is it possible? @DelRey Is DREAM the only bread winning unit left? 

Edited by Pluto2022