K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Someone please tell me this doesn’t sound exactly like g-idles new English song :mummy::bibliahh:

Edited by IvyTower
  • Haha 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Illusion: viral bside

Life's Too Short: being played around radios in America

Girls: Top 10 hit

Album: Top 3 on Billboard 200

Either Way: less peak streams than WTMW (aespa's only flop single)

Off The Record: Not making noise and even NCT 127 debuted higher

Baddie: probably be pushed by starship payola but it's not looking good

Album: lucky to even chart on billboard 200 

Guess which one was shielded by ktrl and which one was bullied for being nugu

I never understood this narrative that Girls was a flop, when it was literally a top 10 hit? :deadbanana4: And the song's global streams are not that horrendous either.

Like people do way too much on them

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

I never understood this narrative that Girls was a flop, when it was literally a top 10 hit? :deadbanana4: Like people do way too much on them

Honestly I think people just didn’t like it so they decided to use it as a drag. I honestly liked it though they should have released it earlier in the year :gaycatx:

Any Bri'ish girls here?

Is this song becoming a hit?

I’m enjoying Off The Record love that type of sound from any artist it’s just a classic crowd pleaser

Edited by Hitchhiker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

Any Bri'ish girls here?

Is this song becoming a hit?

Oi, 'eard it down me local chippie, didn't I? Footie was on the telly, an' the blokes at the table next to me were 'avin a natter 'bout trans women, they were.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IvyTower said:

Honestly I think people just didn’t like it so they decided to use it as a drag. I honestly liked it though they should have released it earlier in the year :gaycatx:

While everyone was dragging them last year for releasing Girls and Life's Too Short, I stood beside them and defended them with my life :heart: 

Girls, Life's Too Short and Black Mamba are the trinity in aespa's discography :jonny2:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

The fact it originally was supposed to be 

• Like 1

the way the bitter sis freshkid comes online to downvote some posts about blackpink and then leave is such a kii :pig:

17 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

what's up with this passive agressiveness

it's such a bop! I feel like korea will warm up to it :heart:

aespa antis have been hiding behind IVE in here since Love Dive. Nobody is dragging the song or the actual group. They have dismissed every single aespa achievement and put IVE who are obviously getting a healthy hit of sajaegi on a pedestal. Off The Record is a cute lil bop(that if aespa had released those users would be calling soulless america/radio bait and would be dragging them for desperation).

Dialamba is the worst offender and has straight up posted fake stats about both aespa and IVE on several occasions(false japanese sales #s, false tour attendance, false charting positions, etc)

Edited by Century
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Adama said:

These bookmarks are going to be funny in a few weeks :coffee2:

There is no need to bookmark anyone over planned sajaegi by starship

It’s always the SM stan who always accuses groups who are performing better than their faves of « sajaegi » :toofunny3:

• Like 4

Off the Record is a song for pretty people, that’s why some of you don’t get it :sorry:

• Like 1

I think a lot of users here get weird enjoyment out of seeing a big group release a "flop"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, katyberry said:

There is no need to bookmark anyone over planned sajaegi by starship

they're still gonna quote for gotchas as if we haven't been saying Baddie will do better on every page. aespa antis love lying :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

IVE are KTRL darlings along with NJ doesn't matter if they are underperforming or getting hits, gheys will praise them to high heavens.

But not too much on Miss Strawberry and friends. They'll get back on track in no time. 

The Color Game 8 UwU | .......AND THE WINNER IS ????? - Page 270 - Games -  ATRL

Edited by Odette Violet

wonyoung houston kinda ate the girls up vocally here like yes YOU are good wonyoung!

Let's set the score once and for all:

Digitals: 

1. NewJeans
  2. IVE
  3. (G)I-DLE

Sales:

1. aespa
  2. NewJeans
  3. IVE

Streams: 

1. NewJeans
  2. (G)I-DLE
  3. ITZY

Touring:

1. The ones who you only can see at sold out shows.mp3
  2. ITZY
  3. LE SSERAFIM?
Edited by Pluto2022

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Let's set the score once and for all:

Digitals: 

1. NewJeans
  2. IVE
  3. (G)I-DLE

Sales:

1. aespa
  2. IVE
  3. NewJeans

Streams: 

1. NewJeans
  2. (G)I-DLE
  3. ITZY

Touring:

1. The ones who you only can see at sold out shows.mp3
  2. ITZY
  3. LE SSERAFIM?

aespa #1 in the metrics that actually make money and are a measure of commercial success and their lead only grows with every day while the streaming gap only gets smaller. I really thought they were gonna be another f(x)/RV niche SM girl group with occasional hits but the world can't stop eating them up. 

ezgif-3-103cff03d6.thumb.gif.88f7d4551c44888d3cef4e82ed65ff20.gif

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

Speaking of Le Sserafim - Chaewon, Yunjin and Kazuha all got sick at the same time 2 DAYS before the concert in Thailand, and it got cancelled (it was supposed to be the final show of the tour)

Poor girls and Thai fearnots :gaycat6:

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

Someone please tell me this doesn’t sound exactly like g-idles new English song :mummy::bibliahh:

wait, this lowkey slaps :clap3:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

IVE are KTRL darlings along with NJ doesn't matter if they are underperforming or getting hits, gheys will praise them to high heavens.

But not too much on Miss Strawberry and friends. They'll get back on track in no time. 

The Color Game 8 UwU | .......AND THE WINNER IS ????? - Page 270 - Games -  ATRL

It's what IVE deserves for After Like alone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1