K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

No shade but no BTS member is more  popular than Miss Lisa Monoban individually. She outpopular all of our kpop faves combined 

:cm:

SEA excellence :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

This too. Jessica would've ate this performance. Miss Taeyeon was also serving for the gods here :giraffe:

ooh yes!! The Best Live really had the potential to be one of the best kpop concerts ever :worship:

it's just a pity that the energy and mood was off with some members at times (understandably)

taeyeon and tiffany were slaying tho lol

I just wish OT9 would've made it to that concert, it was such a big dream of jessica's as well :'( 

the way they were active in japan for what.. 3 or 4 years? and they had to put so many songs in medleys because there was just too much material :skull:

it really was a golden time

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

they're slaying so hard and doing so much PROMO!

I just want them to have 1 win :'( they deserve it so much

5 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

No shade but no BTS member is more  popular than Miss Lisa Monoban individually. She outpopular all of our kpop faves combined 

:cm:

SEA excellence :clap3:

I'm sorry but it should be obvious by now that Jungkook is the biggest k-pop idol

Korean excellence :clap3:

• Like 6

This is still the best K-pop music video of the year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Please tell me what's wrong with this list :michael:

the list isn't bad tbh im not sure about the top 3 but i totally understand your ranking, i just thought it was random

what is it based on?

i don’t know how to really explain it but any time I hear a kpop english song on the radio it sounds like the tier of pop is on the level of like tate mcrae, jax, jvke and not like the main pop girls 

even i enjoy seven but it sounds kinda unremarkable on the radio, like filler

i kinda need min heejin to keep doing her thing with V because newjeans’ sound is trendy but still refreshing to american audiences

i need an idol to work with max martin on their next english song or something, like let’s make some S+ pop music if we’re going full english 

Just now, Flomik said:

This is still the best K-pop music video of the year

Not even Kpop or mv, It’s easily one of the best song of 2023!

Seems like Chancellor is becoming their main producer since this song 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kwangya said:

I'm sorry but it should be obvious by now that Jungkook is the biggest k-pop idol

By fanbase yes 

Let's wait for Miss Manobal's solo breakthrough. The GeePee will loves her  :clap3:

[KOREAN] TOGETHER WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS

5 minutes ago, Kwangya said:

Jungkook isn't even the biggest in BTS but wig :clap3:

Jungkook > V > Jimin > Lisa > Jennie > Suga/Jisoo > J-hope/Rosé > RM > Jin 

V getting the (quality) snooze out of the way before the main event, as per his and Min HeeHee Jackson's vision :clap3:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

"BTS Solos are flops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

I guess BP are even bigger flops then! :gaycat2:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

i don’t know how to really explain it but any time I hear a kpop english song on the radio it sounds like the tier of pop is on the level of like tate mcrae, jax, jvke and not like the main pop girls 

i kinda need min heejin to keep doing her thing with V because newjeans’ sound is trendy but still refreshing to american audiences

i need an idol to work with max martin on their next english song or something, like let’s make some S+ pop music if we’re going full english 

Max Martin fell off 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Don't jump me but I think it's also because of the accent and them not being native speakers. The lyrics sound incredibly inauthentic because it's not their native language and they stress the words at odd syllables. Plus they always work with producers that give them rejects of American pop stars because they are not familiar with what kind of songs to give a kpop star.

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Max Martin fell off 

Hmm no, Dawn FM was released last year :coffee2:

9 minutes ago, motherpills said:

[KOREAN] TOGETHER WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS

Melon Top 10 Hit, First 1M seller for 4th Gen GG, #3 on Billboard 200

A revolution, an anthem :gaynetcat4:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

Jungkook isn't even the biggest in BTS but wig :clap3:

V may or may not have more stans than Jungkook, but I'm almost certain Jungkook's album is going to do bigger numbers. V has a lot of visual stans, I'm not sure the GP likes him musically as much. 

3 minutes ago, naomi24 said:

Don't jump me but I think it's also because of the accent and them not being native speakers. The lyrics sound incredibly inauthentic because it's not their native language and they stress the words at odd syllables. Plus they always work with producers that give them rejects of American pop stars because they are not familiar with what kind of songs to give a kpop star.

this is a very fair point, i would love to get to a point where singing in English isn’t necessary and radio loses its xenophobia 

there are so many excellent kpop songs that would fit perfectly on current radio, it’s just that language barrier

i feel like so many people passively listen to radio where if it’s a good enough melody to hum along to it shouldn’t matter the language, a bop is a bop! 

• Thanks 1

Ruka looks amazing with red hair 

and Haram serving Rose HYLT era

(TRIGGER WARNING: SOUND)

The September/October debut seems more and more likely

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

the way they were active in japan for what.. 3 or 4 years? and they had to put so many songs in medleys because there was just too much material :skull:

it really was a golden time

Well we certainly ain't complaing for sure. Their stomping the whole Korean industrih with their jap disco even their Korean version  :cooldown: