K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

I can’t judge New Jennie’s too harshly since I stan Twice and they released the same song like three times in a row (and many girl groups do lol) but maybe it because there music is more rhythm based and bit monotonous it can sound more repetitive? 

The mini is solid overall though! I like the experimental sound of ASAP, it’s nice to see kpop acts letting tracks breathe (I’m looking at you NMIXX, party o’clock would of been a lot better if they gave it room instead of rapping since the instrumental is actually nice). And as I said get up is rly nice from the 30 seconds, a full track would have been cute. Still a 8/10 record. Leaning into atmospheric really suites this genre and not many kpop acts are doing that atm.

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way I can never get tired of watching this episode of GoSe :dies: @kendoll2001

Literally one of the all time greats :dies:

ps. THE EATERY last night 

:WAP:

• Like 1

Happy Birthday NewLejends :jonny5:

Let me stream ETA to celebrate :gaycatina1:

1 hour ago, Illyana Frost said:

I'm sorry about the girl...but she can't do anything else in the group. No dancing or vocal skills, no personality...like, what can she do successfully? I don't wanna drag her too much...but did u see her perf with Sigrid? Sigrid is an amazing vocalist and a cool ass chick and she was TRYING to engage with Lia and nothing...NOTHING!

ITZY deserved so much better...like a Somi or one of the supertalented NMIXX girls.

Someone like a Lily on ITZY would make the group unstoppable like. :jonny5:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

The way I agreed until the last part. We say it with bet on me and absolutely no one outsings Lia in this group. :emofish:

But the real stars are Chaeryeong and Yuna :WAP: 

Oh, you did not lie and you should say it :WAP:

Yeji is there too but she shines more in a group as a center rather than individually :gaycat1:

Edited by aesthetic bih

The more I listen to Party O'clock the more i hate it. It's so bland and the choreo is awkward. Nmixx truly stoops a new low. Now if they make Roller Coaster the title track though

1 minute ago, Sept said:

The more I listen to Party O'clock the more i hate it. It's so bland and the choreo is awkward. Nmixx truly stoops a new low. Now if they make Roller Coaster the title track though

idk I was feeling it and then they rhymed “mingling” with “jingling” and just. couldn’t get it back for me after that  

ugh ETA is so fun and catchy, I don't know how anyone can hate it :gaycatina1:

even the lyrics are fun, end that cheating bast*rd !!

2 hours ago, Illyana Frost said:

I'm sorry about the girl...but she can't do anything else in the group. No dancing or vocal skills, no personality...like, what can she do successfully? I don't wanna drag her too much...but did u see her perf with Sigrid? Sigrid is an amazing vocalist and a cool ass chick and she was TRYING to engage with Lia and nothing...NOTHING!

ITZY deserved so much better...like a Somi or one of the supertalented NMIXX girls.

Till this day I don’t understand why they choose Lia over Lily. They are both English speaker and Lily is by far the best singer! Even if she isn’t in par with the dance line, no one would have dare to say something bc she’s an amazing vocalist.

Im watching their documentary and I really wish someone could figure things out for Itzy. Idk why they ditched GALACTIKA … 

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Till this day I don’t understand why they choose Lia over Lily. They are both English speaker and Lily is by far the best singer! Even if she isn’t in par with the dance line, no one would have dare to say something bc she’s an amazing vocalist.

Im watching their documentary and I really wish someone could figure things out for Itzy. Idk why they ditched GALACTIKA … 

Lily wouldn’t fit in the group as well let’s be fr, her vocals don’t mesh with the rest of itzy like lia does

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

It’s kinda insane that the battle for the #1 in the US this week is between a song by a racist redneck, who shot the video for the song in front of the building where black folks were lynched vs an Asian act who speak broken English :lakitu:

We need the Beyoncé of BTS to pull the **** throughhhhhh for the sake of humanity! 

spacer.png

he deserves the Beyonce treatment for sure once BTS disbands in 10 years HE'S going to be the golden goose of Scooter and co. and HYBE :jonny5:

the only popboy who can fraudulently block Taylor from #1 I fear!

2 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Lily wouldn’t fit in the group as well let’s be fr, her vocals don’t mesh with the rest of itzy like lia does

It wouldn’t have been a problem, and Yeji wouldn’t have been obligated to sing off key 

Jisus acknowledging the people who paved the way for her while still giving credit for her own group for paving the way for new artists and wishing the new artists could also pave the way in the future :clap3: dumb out of touch bts members can't relate!

F1lEMaTaUAAAwBg?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Finally some taste in this thread. Sorry to the twinks but I’ve never found Hyunjin and Felix that attractive because they just look…too made up?? Bang Chan and Lino are truly the two hottest and most handsome members of that group without much effort :clap3:

oh and also, IN is super pretty, if you don’t agree go talk to a wall :bird:

I think Hyunjin and Felix are more cater towards straight cis girls while Bang Chan, Lee Know and to the less extent Changbin are for the gays and the western girlies.

Can somebody do a humanitarian mission to rescue Lily & co from whoever does JYPs a&r :tornado:

57 minutes ago, Adama said:

It wouldn’t have been a problem, and Yeji wouldn’t have been obligated to sing off key 

As much as Lily is talented. We say that with NMIXX or Kepler that sometimes talent isn’t the biggest factor. NMIXX members wash everyone talent wise and despite that there’s no cohesion :cm:

3 hours ago, lachata said:

I thought people knew the difference between hanteo   and circle  you must be new to kpop and   bornpink still  has the highest sales  for a girl group  2.7 in album sales

no need to quote him he’s acting shady again then if you drag them he will say b-but obsession!!!:bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Adama said:

Not Bora vs Jihan :bibliahh:

what's happening?

I hate that the show is made to creat a global girlgroup but it never has english subtitle in the videos :biblio:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Literally one of the all time greats :dies:

ps. THE EATERY last night 

:WAP:

The fact that this song is generally not my type of music but there’s something so captivating about them, all 4 of them :WAP: 

also Vernon manages to slip in something so fun and quirky in his compositions that it always turns out to be enjoyable. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

these teasers slayed

Their best ones. Stomp, stomp. Invented ERAS in Kpop :gaycat4:

6 hours ago, lachata said:

so far no one has surpassed blackpink's album sales 

Aespa is coming :celestial4:

See when you make quality album :gaycat4: