K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The Idol of Idols. Respect among peers and people in industry is truly the greatest achievement one can achieve :allears:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

NewJeans’ album is so good, a shame Get Up was only 30 seconds :rip: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Calling an IVE stan pretentious for "New jeans ep was boring and bad. IVE remain unbothered with the best album this year " and proceeding to say IVE makes uninteresting music is so :toofunny2: 

Those things are not mutually exclusive though :fan:

If you listen closely, ETA is Hype Boy 2.0, structure wise..:hippo:

1 minute ago, BlackAura said:

If you listen closely, ETA is Hype Boy 2.0, structure wise..:hippo:

And ETA's about to be Hype Boy 2.0 chart-wise too. :redface:

2 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

But that's what you implied, you said you wanted me to explain / elaborate the comparison I did?

And I DID gave you those specific songs that I thought which warranted the comparison, but you already communicated to me that you disagreed to it, and I'm okay with that. So now what?

Why do you keep this conversation in circles? You're literally just rehashing and rephrasing what you previously said. I don't have to explain anything if I think IVE's debut album resembles me of old Katy music. :shutup:

i just asked for a simple example and when your examples still didn’t make sense (to me), you acted like i asked you to make a full analysis of the songs & was trying to change your opinion :rip: 

there are lots of users who prefer other groups’ music over IVE and you don’t see me quoting them :rip:

• Like 2

i want this from newjeans, they can copy girl front too id stan 

Just now, hallucinate said:

i just asked for a simple example and when your examples still didn’t make sense (to me), you acted like i asked you to make a full analysis of the songs & was trying to change your opinion :rip: 

there are lots of users who prefer other groups’ music over IVE and you don’t see me quoting them :rip:

27 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

and i asked you to explain further

Your words, not mine. How am I suppose to explain further if I don't analyze those IVE songs? 

And you keep on arguing with me because you were dissatisfied of my opinion about IVE's album, let's not lie. And I assume you would stop replying to me if I would just take back what I just said before, but no thanks. This conversation is a dead-end. 

25 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

what does this even mean :toofunny2:

It means "I hate that promo is allowed for groups that aren't aespa" :bird:

13 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

I know your intentions are good, but don't be such a hypocrite. You replied to me in the first place because you did not agree to my opinion. So that "you can't stand negative opinions about music" part is like pot calling the kettle black. :michael:

What I couldn't stand was you randomly brought up aespa in reaction to a user who doesn't even like aespa. You just made yourself out to be a hypocrite calling ppl pretentious and then you went on IVE calling them Katy Perry/uninteresting music. Just gave me in to go for it. :bird:

FIFTY FIFTY could have gotten their Barbie song played in Asian countries before the movie if they have filmed the video. They really fumbled the bag:rip:

We got the Karol G song here in LATAM. 

• Like 1

NewJeans – ‘Get Up’ review: no one can hold a candle to K-pop’s rising wonder girls (nme.com)

Keep those fumes and fake concerns coming.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 3

Sour Candy was a terrible mistake and it's repercussions will never end. I

It's always my fellow liddos in here with the bad takes, success stanning, and hating on groups out of nowhere :emofish:

Missing the days when 90% of them thought Gaga was a Mozart type artist and acted completely above kpop

Edited by Century

1 minute ago, Rhyme said:

What I couldn't stand was you randomly brought up aespa in reaction to a user who doesn't even like aespa. You just made yourself out to be a hypocrite calling ppl pretentious and then you went on IVE calling them Katy Perry/uninteresting music. Just gave me in to go for it. :bird:

Which member in here did you think I was aiming my post towards? I didn't mention a specific name. 

Okay, understandable but don't go accusing me of a "bad thing" that is also applicable to you. 

12 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Those things are not mutually exclusive though :fan:

It is. :michael: NewJeans music is great but let's not pretend baby's first garage beat is more artistic than an Ava Max demo.

ETA kinda bored me lol. But it will probably grow like most of their tracks. 

Super Shy remains unbothered :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Your words, not mine. How am I suppose to explain further if I don't analyze those IVE songs? 

And you keep on arguing with me because you were dissatisfied of my opinion about IVE's album, let's not lie. And I assume you would stop replying to me if I would just take back what I just said before, but no thanks. This conversation is a dead-end. 

this will be my last post regarding the discussion but you’re taking my words out of context. i was referring to my first reply (which was just: “which tracks? name them”) maybe i should’ve worded it better because you clearly couldn’t understand :heart2:

4 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Which member in here did you think I was aiming my post towards? I didn't mention a specific name. 

Okay, understandable but don't go accusing me of a "bad thing" that is also applicable to you. 

So I went through the past 4 pages before you made that comment to see what was up and the only aespa stan that commented something negative was ******* Pinter who's obviously a troll. :toofunny2: I'm accusing you of trying to get aespa dragged because you couldn't stand to read a negative opinion about NewJeans.

2 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

It is. :michael: NewJeans music is great but let's not pretend baby's first garage beat is more artistic than an Ava Max demo.

No, what I meant is: IVE music is safe and digestible but there will be some IVE stans who would say things like "X's album is bad and boring, IVE's album is the best!". To me, that comes off as pretentious since it's not like IVE's music is that different from the album they are comparing too. Like, you enjoy IVE's music but call NJ's music boring when they are not that different from each other? That feels pretentious to me.

NewJeans and IVE make pop music for a reason, they are not the artist to check for experimental music. They go in for what's trendy, I don't have a problem with that.

9 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

this will be my last post regarding the discussion but you’re taking my words out of context. i was referring to my first reply (which was just: “which tracks? name them”) maybe i should’ve worded it better because you clearly couldn’t understand :heart2:

Prideful much? You're just being nasty for no reason.

And right back at you, I wouldn't have misunderstood if you were definite and unambiguous in the first place. Let's settle this, we are both in the wrong. Have a nice day! :heart2:

Edited by aesthetic bih

G-IDLE's English single completely tanked :deadbanana: should've just released Queencard english version instead

When will these labels ever learn? LTS - Boy Like You - I Do :rip: