• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SandyJeans said:

:fan:

• Like 1

I was really excited for this NewJeans and preordered a physical copy but I'm not really gagging

vvwPllF.gif

49 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Gee was literally a phenomenon. I am the best was nowhere near as big:deadbanana2:

Gee single alone outsold 2NE1’s entire EP Physically and digitally 😆 Not you using Spotify and YouTube when they had the whole nation listening to it nonstop.

IATB was definitely a hit, but it wasn’t a cultural reset or as big🤷‍♀️

I don't know where you are from or if you lived under a rock :toofunny2:

IATB was huge in LATAM, even in the United States it was played in different commercials, promos, the song and the video was so important that it allowed 2ne1 to have its "international" tour. 

I even remember how several artists plagiarized the video and the song, YG had to take legal action :gaycat2:

New peak :superman:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satinhater said:

I don't know where you are from or if you lived under a rock :toofunny2:

IATB was huge in LATAM, even in the United States it was played in different commercials, promos, the song and the video was so important that it allowed 2ne1 to have its "international" tour. 

I even remember how several artists plagiarized the video and the song, YG had to take legal action :gaycat2:

I am from the USA :priceless: and I’m very aware of how big IATB was. I was a SoneJack in 2011. 

I just had to clock that user real quick with facts🤭 I am the best wasn’t even as big here as Kpop fans think. Some users think we Americans were acting like it was Gangnam style, when really only niche Kpop fandoms knew it. Gee was actually selling millions of physical copies internationally. That’s the difference. I am the best didn’t start a viral dance craze across multiple continents. Gee did. That was my original point. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

:bibliahh:

Buy 10 get 1 free.

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I am from the USA :priceless: and I’m very aware of how big IATB was. I was a SoneJack in 2011. 

I just had to clock that user real quick with facts🤭 I am the best wasn’t even big here, only to niche Kpop fandoms. Gee was actually selling millions of physical copies internationally. That’s the difference. I am the best didn’t start a viral dance craze across multiple continents. Gee did. That was my original point. 

Wasn't IATB literally a commercial CF Song worldwide, people tends to forget that the song was on TV 24/7 at one point, even tho it doesn't retranslate in sale or streaming. But this clearly impacted and was more known than the niche kpop fans, people are trying to paint the song for.

• Like 1

A Midsummer NMIXX's Dream >>>>>>>>>>> Get Up

ETA is one of my favorite songs released this year tho. Love the clown car chase vibes. 

Gee is more important to the kpop/hallyu community. 

It's the song that capture the kpop's essence (at least when we talk about the big super ultra smashs, Sherlock is the top#1 general when we count moderate hits:-*).

The classic, mostly for us hags that remain devoted to the genre. 

Meanwhile IATB indeed was big outside our bubble, playing in clubs with BigBang songs. 

It was also the safe pick when we wanted to show our friends some kpop.

it's a hard choice 

I just can say that I like gee gee baby more

Edited by dlwlrma
  • Like 2

Herstory to be made next month. Kweens of Japan without Japanese album and single :sistrens:

So... that was the terrorism concept people were making a fuss about? :bibliahh:

-

IATB was sampled in this so it clearly wins :cm:

Poor 2N/A1. People can only name and claim IATB as their song meanwhile Soshi has like Gee, I Got A Boy, The Boys etc internationally :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Love ETA. So fresh and the video with a story line :chick1:

Think y’all are missing the point. Obviously I Am The Best is a hit and was global. It just wasn’t as big of a hit as Gee and it never was, nor will it ever be. It ain’t that deep. And it’s proven by commercial success, critical awards, accolades, Sales, and Digitals. :priceless: Like these are just fact.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SandyJeans said:

ok after listening through, my rank :duca:

1. Get Up (needs to be longer :'()
  2. Cool With You
  3. ETA
  4. Super Shy
  5. New Jeans
  6. ASAP

if a 30 second song is the best on the album...

apathetic.gif

• Like 1