K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just now, Vrx. said:

Everything is released....................

you know what i mean

quit acting brand new

vvwPllF.gif

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Not the drag you think when that same t-ara song outsold your own fav too:ahh:

Okay then what about the two other 2NE1 songs that also demolished IATB in Korea that year. :rip:

• Like 1

My rank (it may change later tbh)

- ETA

- Get up

- Cool with you

- Super shy

- New jeans

- ASAP

17 minutes ago, Sugden said:

its a teaser for their next comeback apparently

Oh wowwww. Perched! :duca:

But the teaser/interlude being counted as a "track" in their mini is a bit of a scam though 🤭

this NewJeans EP is giving twitch stream background music, mostly in a cute way but still, I would hate it if this is what all of k-pop became :doc: 

like it's cute for a refreshing, countercultural moment but k-pop without the drama, the bombast, the overthetop concepts, the intricacy & the details... what is the point?

• Like 5

ETA sounds much fuller than the performance audio. I’m cool with all the songs on the EP, the whole thing flows well:coffee2: their vocals have matured too. 6.8/10 

14 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Not the drag you think when that same t-ara song outsold your own fav too:ahh:

2011 was the year SNSD dropped the boys and had the biggest Kpop album of the year, outselling Super Junior:coffee2:  and the biggest girl group album of all time at that point

you were saying? 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

17 minutes ago, armink said:

one of my straightest friends just messaged me that he loves cool with you because it autoplayed after the new travis scott song :deadbanana4: 

Meanwhile, in Korea, they're discussing travisscott lyrics and stuff.  What a time to be alive.

Spoiler

케이팝까는 건 아닌거같은데

:toofunny2:

:cm:

7 minutes ago, Century said:

Okay then what about the two other 2NE1 songs that also demolished IATB in Korea that year. :rip:

You sm sheep can stay salty it doesn’t take away the fact that IATB is comparable to Gee (worldwide… not just Korea which y’all love to forget) and is even bigger in some ways

4 minutes ago, Harrier said:

this NewJeans EP is giving twitch stream background music, mostly in a cute way but still, I would hate it if this is what all of k-pop became :doc: 

like it's cute for a refreshing, countercultural moment but k-pop without the drama, the bombast, the overthetop concepts, the intricacy & the details... what is the point?

The music might be lowkey but the choreo and music videos are all that you mentioned and more

OT: ETA best song of all time :jonny:

2 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

You sm sheep can stay salty it doesn’t take away the fact that IATB is comparable to Gee (worldwide… not just Korea which y’all love to forget) and is even bigger in some ways

Outside of Korea the songs are comparable as the 2 representative 2nd gen hits not called Gangnam style but Gee obviously is more iconic/known.

Arguing over who was more relevant abroad when both groups were selling in the 4 digit range in the US makes no sense against the millions and millions of sales both groups brought in in Korea though and in that discussion IATB isn't even a top 3 2NE1 song.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

ranking so far:

eta

new jeans

asap

get up

cool with you

super shy

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Century said:

Outside of Korea the songs are comparable as the 2 representative 2nd gen hits not called Gangnam style but Gee obviously is more iconic/known.

It’s not obvious especially when IATB is out streaming to this day:giraffe:

10 minutes ago, Harrier said:

like it's cute for a refreshing, countercultural moment but k-pop without the drama, the bombast, the intricacy & details... what is the point?

I’ve been saying! We love NewJeans for shaking the kpop industry up but we’ll miss the old mindless, shamelessly cringe + fun kpop if everyone started releasing understated english language vibey music like they do. (Speaking only for people that were kpop stans before 2022 though:lakitu:

IVE kinda feels like the last of the old guard of kpop, like the most classically kpop big 4th gen group out rn.

Edited by Butters
  • Like 3

Also it would make more sense to compare IATB and The Boys since they came out the same year😆 why would you even attempt to compare it to gee is beyond me. Gee also outsold and outcharted IATB internationally so what are we even doing here😭Gee wins in every official metric at the end of the day anyways

Just now, spicyaegha said:

It’s not obvious especially when IATB is out streaming to this day:giraffe:

IATB has been on Spotify nearly since it came out. Gee wasn't on Spotify until both groups were inactive. 

the production on Cool With You :jonny5:

and then the transition to Get Up :loud:

when we get H.E.R. or SZA writing credits on the next album :alexz:

All the songs work so well together as an album This is their most cohesive work yet despite the length :heart:

eta's chorus needs a little more oomph. feels a bit bare otherwise even with the instrumental. love everything else about it

4 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Also it would make more sense to compare IATB and The Boys since they came out the same year😆 why would you even attempt to compare it to gee is beyond me. Gee also outsold and outcharted IATB internationally so what are we even doing here😭Gee wins in every official metric at the end of the day anyways

And IATB out does The Boys pretty much everywhere, that’s obvious

The delulu cause IATB is out streaming on yt Spotify, and is on the same level of iconic in kpop community yet y’all swear Gee wins in every metric just let it go

at least bring the facts not just the crazy stan behavior:coffee2:

9 minutes ago, Butters said:

I’ve been saying! We love NewJeans for shaking the kpop industry up but we’ll miss the old mindless, shamelessly cringe + fun kpop if everyone started releasing understated english language vibey music like they do. (Speaking only for people that were kpop stans before 2022 though:lakitu:

IVE kinda feels like the last of the old guard of kpop, like the most classically kpop big 4th gen group out rn.

kpopers are trying to be cult right now

so the new trend is saying IVE doing fun unpretentious bops = generic garbage

vvwPllF.gif

NJ and IVE queens

• Thanks 2