K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The thing that's so interesting about NewJeans recent music is that their music is basically 80% English at this point!

New Jeans is like 85% English

Super Shy is like 80% English

ETA is 50% English

Cool with You is 65% English

Get Up is like their first fully English track (and its their best but its a interlude :toofunny3:)

ASAP is 95% English (no one told me this was just gonna be a glorified 3 minute outro its terrible lmfao)

Its becoming more and more clear their slowly pushing out into the global market while still sonically attempting to hold the fort in Korea (and keeping that nasty group IVE from dominating the charts!)

If they make more songs like Get Up and make them fully English its OVER for the girls I fear! Coffee shop midtempo Korea would eat it up :fan:

Edited by MingYouToo

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA, OMG and Cookie (lyrics re weird and ick but catchy tho) are their best sings

one from each era:giraffe:

NewJeans fully releasing an EP full of interludes :deadbanana2: This cannot be the direction this industry goes. ETA is great but even that is toeing the line of being a full song. 

• Like 3

WHATS YOUR ETA

vvwPllF.gif

WHATS YOUR ETA

vvwPllF.gif

their m.i.a - bamboo banga tease

vvwPllF.gif

3 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Only idols with bad technique will give you this result, which means not even that was a priority.

spilled.

but honestly idc if danielle/hanni are nj's best singer yet mid at best, they  and the other 3 girls have such pleasant tones and their label knows to make them sing in range it makes for such a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

NewJeans fully releasing an EP full of interludes :deadbanana2: This cannot be the direction this industry goes. ETA is great but even that is toeing the line of being a full song. 

2 minute songs have been the standard for a while tho

vvwPllF.gif

Just now, MingYouToo said:

spilled.

but honestly idc if danielle/hanni are nj's best singer yet mid at best, they  and the other 3 girls have such pleasant tones and their label knows to make them sing in range it makes for such a pleasant experience.

Technique has never mattered in pop, it’s vocal color that ppl actually care about anyways 

3 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Nowhere near as big but has quite literally similar stats lol

y’all are tripping thinking IATB can’t even be compared to Gee in success acting like someone set your own grandma on fire

Just stating facts. 🤷‍♀️ Gee sold 2x more, and was the biggest Kpop song in 2009.  IATB was outsold by T-ara. Very comparable 🤭

• Haha 1

Just now, Sugden said:

2 minute songs have been the standard for a while tho

vvwPllF.gif

Not in k-pop they haven't. My last bastion of full-length songs slowly being corrupted by the encroaching Western menace...sick and twisted :sad:

one of my straightest friends just messaged me that he loves cool with you because it autoplayed after the new travis scott song :deadbanana4: 

Well I called that it was gonna be bad watered down Pink Panthress music and........ they sure did it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ETA is coming :superman:

Love the new ETA pic :superman:

ETA did not disappoint. But it's going to be the HB / OMG of the era. Blocked to #1 by their precursor singles. 

vvwPllF.gif

Also, Snooze with You finally hitting. Why?

vvwPllF.gif

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Just stating facts. 🤷‍♀️ Gee sold 2x more, and was the biggest Kpop song in 2009.  IATB was outsold by T-ara. Very comparable 🤭

Not the drag you think when that same t-ara song outsold your own fav too:ahh:

2 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Well I called that it was gonna be bad watered down Pink Panthress music and........ they sure did it 

none of the unreleased songs sound like pinkpantheress tho

vvwPllF.gif

NEWJEANSS :jonny: ETA sounds amazing. the MV is really cool, but I wish it hasn't been filmed on an iphone :monkey:

ASAP is probably my least favorite song, but to be honest my expectations were HIGH. Maybe it will grow on me. 

Get Up is 0:36 seconds long?! We demand a 4-minute version, wtf Ador?! :mad:

• ATRL Administrator

NewJeans bringing back STORY to music videos rather than just being in a box and looking cute. A trendsetter. 

ETA is easily the best song on this glorified single album.

1 minute ago, Sugden said:

none of the unreleased songs sound like pinkpantheress tho

vvwPllF.gif

Everything is released....................

Even if y'all have mixed reception towards ASAP, y'all know the "Just for a minute, Tik Tak" part is going to be viral in TikTac app right? :fan:

1 minute ago, aesthetic bih said:

Get Up is 0:36 seconds long?! We demand a 4-minute version, wtf Ador?! :mad:

its a teaser for their next comeback apparently

• Like 1

ok after listening through, my rank :duca:

1. Get Up (needs to be longer :'()
  2. Cool With You
  3. ETA
  4. Super Shy
  5. New Jeans
  6. ASAP