K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

5 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

The video is great except for the part that I hate iphone MV they're not needed at all

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

In what World is I Am The Best bigger then Gee:deadbanana4: 

like y’all really just focusing with new Western media eyes . Gee was a Gangnam Style hit across all of Southeast Asia and the first viral Kpop music video Worldwide breaking Hallyu into Europe and America. It was on Certified music review sites like Pitchfork and Billboard nearly a decade ago. It even reached more territories than Wonder Girls Nobody. Which at that point was what viral was for a Kpop song. And Gee was way bigger then nobody:dies:

We Sone may be annoying, but not y’all in here downplaying Gee of all songs.:priceless: The song that was certified by Melon themselves as song of the decade and one of the most downloaded singles in Korean history. And sold a Million singles in Japan alone😆 

Im a 9x Vietnamese and lived through that era and can confirm I am the best is the bigger hit in Vietnam.

Roly Poly and Gee also huge but I am the best is literally everywhere in highschool/university performance and the crowd always went wild, i think only Haru haru is bigger as a song.

The Boys and Gennie feel bigger than Gee in my country, though.

• Like 1

Wait am I the only one who can't play Cool With You on Spotify

ETA MV...... not MHJ implying suicide, she won't catch a break ....:deadbanana2:

If I see anyone shading Mind Yo Business B

and stanning Whats yo eta whats yo eta

I'm reporting you for ageism.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I just got home from Barbie 🤭

Ktrl is way more entertaining at times :coffee:

jk I wanna watch it too. 

Yeah they use the best part of asap as the teaser b-side for a reason nnn

its ok to have the (correct) opinion that IATB is the more widely known/heard song globally while Gee was bigger in Korea and has had more monumental impact on the Kpop genre and culture. :giraffe:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Sones acting like IATB was only a hit with western kpoppies is just:ahh:

The victim complex like who even downplayed gee, IATB has more streams on yt and Spotify lol. 

Gee was literally a phenomenon. I am the best was nowhere near as big:deadbanana2:

Gee single alone outsold 2NE1’s entire EP Physically and digitally 😆 Not you using Spotify and YouTube when they had the whole nation listening to it nonstop.

IATB was definitely a hit, but it wasn’t a cultural reset or as big🤷‍♀️

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

1 minute ago, Butters said:

its ok to have the (correct) opinion that IATB is the more widely known/heard song globally while Gee was bigger in Korea and has had more monumental impact on the Kpop genre and culture. :giraffe:

some of them thinking impact = bigger hit. :emofish:

ETA is the global smash hit :jonny5:

ASAP might take a bit more time to get used to, slight catfish from the teaser :dies:

also is Spotify not letting anyone else play Cool With You or just me?

I Am The Best wasn't even the best selling song on that mini at the time. Lonely was. There's only so many ways to politely spell it out before just coming out and saying you people have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :deadbanana4:

The fact it's even a debate in 2023 when one group is still a top group and the other is allergic to charting. Let alone that it's carrying on during a release from a current gen main group. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

Okay I need ETA to pull I AM on their Kitsch i.e. Super Shy :giraffe:

EP is really good. ETA sounds like XR2 by MIA in the best way possible :gayorkcat2:

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Gee was literally a phenomenon. I am the best was nowhere near as big:deadbanana2:

Gee single alone outsold 2NE1’s entire EP Physically and digitally 😆 Not you using Spotify and YouTube when they had the whole nation listening to it nonstop.

IATB was definitely a hit, but it wasn’t a cultural reset or as big🤷‍♀️

Nowhere near as big but has quite literally similar stats lol

y’all are tripping thinking IATB can’t even be compared to Gee in success acting like someone set your own grandma on fire

• Like 1

the newjeans ep is very nice and fresh but only complain is why all the song is so short make it so unfinished

At least their previous hits have acceptable length and feel more like song.

Super Shy is the best song though.

Sorry this is like already half over.

But there's still an NDA IChillin' stage and Ily:1 prerelease desperation to go!

And you can back dat stream up to catch Kiss of Life recorded back when Natty didn't have covid19 in '23.

EDIT: And since this was recorded during one of the messiest livestreams ever, that girl from Belarus is still avoiding sanctions and is sitting next to Daehwi. :toofunny2:

:cm:

Edited by harrythevifan

7 minutes ago, Butters said:

Someone tell the corny sones here this the superiority complex isn’t cute:clap3:

11 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

NewJeans being a mix of PinkPantheress and HER is such a slay :jonny5: this is what happens when you prioritize having pleasant vocal tones/colors over idols that can sing over 3 octaves but sound like wailing fishes :fan:

Only idols with bad technique will give you this result, which means not even that was a priority.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Wait am I the only one who can't play Cool With You on Spotify

same for me, but I just tried again and it's working now!

and I'm going to need each and every one of you SNSD antis hiding behind 2NE1 to go give Dara's new single a stream because I can guarantee she deserves it more than whatever crap you listen to. :gaycat:

Edited by Century

When it comes to NewJeans, HYBE ate that one little thing.