K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

I totally forgot about this :gaycat7:

i remember I heard Haerins vers too but now is gone and I can’t find it anywhere :gaycat7:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

So the next comeback will have similar songs to get up :gaycat2:

the way they already won again with their next comeback only with those words :superman:

• Like 1

Just read the thread and… some of the sones on here are plain nasty and annoying :ahh:

thank god sm is in the gutter yal sm sheep need to be humbled.

• Like 3

Amazing :clap3:

• Like 1

Remember when some of y’all were saying zerobase1 would give us a bg hit..?:giraffe:

How is their song even doing on the charts? 4th gen bgs will never see the light of day

Did jungkook just bag himself a global hit 

just saw the song has like 400k uses on tiktok alr

26 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

the way they already won again with their next comeback only with those words :superman:

Oh if they’re going full alina baraz vibes:jonny:

In what World is I Am The Best bigger then Gee:deadbanana4: 

like y’all really just focusing with new Western media eyes . Gee was a Gangnam Style hit across all of Southeast Asia and the first viral Kpop music video Worldwide breaking Hallyu into Europe and America. It was on Certified music review sites like Pitchfork and Billboard nearly a decade ago. It even reached more territories than Wonder Girls Nobody. Which at that point was what viral was for a Kpop song. And Gee was way bigger then nobody:dies:

We Sone may be annoying, but not y’all in here downplaying Gee of all songs.:priceless: The song that was certified by Melon themselves as song of the decade and one of the most downloaded singles in Korean history. And sold a Million singles in Japan alone😆 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

like y’all really just focusing with new Western media eyes . Gee was a Gangnam Style hit across all of Southeast Asia and the first viral Kpop music video Worldwide breaking Hallyu into Europe and America. It was on Certified music review sites like Pitchfork and Billboard nearly a decade ago. It even reached more territories than Wonder Girls Nobody. Which at that point was what viral was for a Kpop song. And Gee was way bigger then nobody:dies:

We Sone may be annoying, but not y’all in here downplaying Gee of all songs.:priceless: The song that was certified by Melon themselves as song of the decade and one of the most downloaded singles in Korean history. And sold a Million singles in Japan alone😆 

Btw the part that they find annoying about Sone is the fact that we disagree with their very narrow, america-centric view of an industry that even now brings the majority of it's revenue in from Asia.

They'll hide behind other reasons but it just comes down to their favs not being the center of the universe.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

That’s the thing most people here are from the west so we truly really don’t know how huge was Gee in Asia I just know it was crazy huge 

• Like 1

I remember hearing I am the best in a Microsoft commercial. :ghostface:

ETA IN STUDIO VERS IS IT! 
omg :superman:

loving it so much 

not the mini being 12 mins :gaycat7:

I’m not gonna lie I was kinda surprised to see Mrs gorgeousPizza not being in the middle of the fight and was confused, considering her role in posting a snsd tribute post every hour in this thread, but I see she’s arrived late to the party :rofl:

• Like 1

Ok yes I really like ASAP but ETA is That song for me :superman:

Sones acting like IATB was only a hit with western kpoppies is just:ahh:

The victim complex like who even downplayed gee, IATB has more streams on yt and Spotify lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

I’m not gonna lie I was kinda surprised to see Mrs gorgeousPizza not being in the middle of the fight and was confused, considering her role in posting a snsd tribute post every hour in this thread, but I see she’s arrived late to the party :rofl:

I just got home from Barbie 🤭

• Like 2

Happy New Jeans Day to those who celebrate :smiley: I personally am so excited, gonna rewatch the Cool with You MV’s :sats:

ASAP is horrible! No wonder they used it in the album announcement cause it’s literally nothing 

• Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

NewJeans being a mix of PinkPantheress and HER is such a slay :jonny5: this is what happens when you prioritize having pleasant vocal tones/colors over idols that can sing over 3 octaves but sound like wailing fishes :fan: