• ATRL Administrator
2 hours ago, JonginBey said:

What's your ETA?

What's your ETA?

spacer.png

Stealing this bb 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

And to that Lady Gaga stan who came for how I write my sentences or whatever in here, English is not my first language and I speak 4 languages fluently, while your dusty self probably barely speak 1 language yourself. The only non English words you probably know are the little bit of German lyrics from Lady Gaga's Scheiße and nothing else

Don't worry about them sis, I am convinced that that user and miss 100 years are either dupes or just two very sad individuals that sit in 1 room to coordinate posting and ganging up on other users over their fossilized out of touch takes.

You spilled because like smates said before I got into kpop I had vaguely HEARD of SNSD but couldn't recognize a single song by them - on the other hand I didn't know who 2NE1 were but I recognized IATB immediately. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, armink said:

Don't worry about them sis, I am convinced that that user and miss 100 years are either dupes or just two very sad individuals that sit in 1 room to coordinate posting and ganging up on other users over their fossilized out of touch takes.

You spilled because like smates said before I got into kpop I had vaguely HEARD of SNSD but couldn't recognize a single song by them - on the other hand I didn't know who 2NE1 were but I recognized IATB immediately. 

Probably the reason is cause SNSD was extremely huge in Asia while 2ne1 was mostly west driven so of course if you are from the west you would probably heard more of 2ne1 than SNSD 

The problem here is many argue and cry about west achievements and totally ignore Asia is a huge part of the world and where the biggest market of K-pop is :giraffe:

It’s just recently with the 3rd gen that K-pop grew more in the west 

SNSD were bigger in Asia

2ne1 in the west 

overall SNSD wins because the market in Asia at that time it was way bigger than the west :gaycat2:

Edited by Sorecer

1 minute ago, Sorecer said:

Probably the reason is cause SNSD was extremely huge in Asia while 2ne1 was mostly west driven so of course if you are from the west you would probably heard more of 2ne1 than SNSD 

The problem here is many argue and cry about west achievements and totally ignore Asia is a huge part of the world and where the biggest market of K-pop is :giraffe:

I mean I think SNSD is overall bigger than 2NE1 but that doesn't make Gee bigger than IATB. IATB managed to reach me outside the kpop bubble before the western kpop expansion that we see today and I think that speaks volumes to how big it was globally. And btw I know that this is all anecdotal, but Pluto posted the stats earlier and they also show that IATB is the bigger song globally :michael:

• Thanks 1

happy newjeans day

ETA, Get Up and ASAP in 2 hours :WAP:

23 minutes ago, armink said:

I mean I think SNSD is overall bigger than 2NE1 but that doesn't make Gee bigger than IATB. IATB managed to reach me outside the kpop bubble before the western kpop expansion that we see today and I think that speaks volumes to how big it was globally. And btw I know that this is all anecdotal, but Pluto posted the stats earlier and they also show that IATB is the bigger song globally :michael:

Gee wasn't on Spotify for years. It also had an enormous lead on youtube before IATB started getting licensed for use on TV and in commercials in the US. Both were my ult groups am not aware of any country on earth where IATB did better on release.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-kpop-groups-first-reach-100-million-views-youtube/

28 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

SNSD were bigger in Asia

2ne1 in the west 

overall SNSD wins because the market in Asia at that time it was way bigger than the west :gaycat2:

This isn't entirely true because SNSD was breaking into iTunes charts and minor Billboard charts much easier and more regularly than 2NE1 at the time. Both were my ult groups at the time and the popular sentiment was that SNSD was the biggest group in the world but that 2NE1 had an enormous amount of potential in the west(which we sadly never got to see realized).

33 minutes ago, armink said:

@Ryan can you do a dupe check on me please? This person can't keep my name out of their mouth and now they're coming for my friend @lgaga1fan because they cannot stomach that they lost an argument about BTS last week. This is the second time I've been accused of having a duplicate account in a day.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Curiously, I didn't know neither SNSD nor 2NE1, but I knew Super Junior. I found out who they were in 00s before knowing what K-pop is. They were very well known within a niche here in Brazil (and Latam as whole, I guess)

• Like 1

The thread goes so fast but you actually read through it, most of the time it's just garbage. Incredible.

Anyway, NCT Dream's new album is good but some of the songs are so ...odd. and not just in the regular nct way.

Edited by CandyCoatedClouds

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Curiously, I didn't know neither SNSD nor 2NE1, but I knew Super Junior. I found out who they were in 00s before knowing what K-pop is. They were very well known within a niche here in Brazil (and Latam as whole, I guess)

The latam elfs were legendary its chrew. :dies:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mel. said:

Also, who was the user that asked about albums sales and how much the company takes from it, I don’t remember your name, but I found this if you still wanted to know

F1UrGktakAAj9i5.jpg

Hey, It was me, Mel!

SM's is beliavable. But I think YG's and JYP's is too high for the artists. I don't know how they'd be giving 70% to them judging the production, packaging and distribution costs. 

2 minutes ago, Century said:

The latam elfs were legendary its chrew. :dies:

They still have a sizeable dedicated fandom here until this date :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Pretty sure their career is alive to this day only thanks to Latin America :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

They still have a sizeable dedicated fandom here until this date :deadbanana2:

I saw them at Kamp LA last year and there were definitely some girls there not speaking English. Even if it's for Super Junior of all people you gotta stan the dedication :cm:

• Like 1

a 1 year old group already having 5m sales in total is just :deadbanana2:

Mina is given this kind of question lately. Will jype finally let one of the Twice girls act? Jype have Junho as their resident actor and whoever is choosing projects for him deserve a raise. His dramas (red sleeve & king of the land) are doing well.  

NewJeans stock pre-orders are exactly what I was waiting. I know the album will slay in the long run when It comes to sales like the others on their catalog :clap3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

These sales in just one year of debut? 

Queens of the 4th generation  :giraffe:

Their first full album will probably break all time records :superman:

im so happy for Newjeans because they truly came to shake the Industry and their marketing team is the best I’ve ever seen in K-pop :clap3:

• ATRL Administrator
12 minutes ago, Century said:

Gee wasn't on Spotify for years. It also had an enormous lead on youtube before IATB started getting licensed for use on TV and in commercials in the US. Both were my ult groups am not aware of any country on earth where IATB did better on release.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-kpop-groups-first-reach-100-million-views-youtube/

This isn't entirely true because SNSD was breaking into iTunes charts and minor Billboard charts much easier and more regularly than 2NE1 at the time. Both were my ult groups at the time and the popular sentiment was that SNSD was the biggest group in the world but that 2NE1 had an enormous amount of potential in the west(which we sadly never got to see realized).

@Ryan can you do a dupe check on me please? This person can't keep my name out of their mouth and now they're coming for my friend @lgaga1fan because they cannot stomach that they lost an argument about BTS last week. This is the second time I've been accused of having a duplicate account in a day.

You’re not a dupe. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, armink said:

FACTS :gaycat:

Trucks to sm 

Trucks to starship

now

trucks to jyp :bibliahh:

no one is safe 

there must be really running a huge deal and discount :bibliahh:

Newjeans comeback stage 

MusicBank this upcoming week :superman:

3 Songs :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Trucks to sm 

Trucks to starship

now

trucks to jyp :bibliahh:

no one is safe 

there must be really running a huge deal and discount :bibliahh:

kpop fans are actually labor activists too because we will outrage so hard that the Korean trucking industry survives the self driving revolution. :gaycat2:

• Haha 1