K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

18 hours ago, spicyaegha said:

What’s surprising is that enhypens title track did the best out of the 4th gen bgs on Spotify global…

4th gen bgs inability to put out a hit with international audiences needs to be studied, like I’m not even talking about Korea but even internationals are not looking for hits with them. Like i think skz could’ve done it if they came out with a normal song lol, but their recent title track was just not it… haven’t topped miroh, gods menu, and back door yet imo. They keep getting more popular but I feel like their title tracks get less and less relevant. They should try some melodic rap type stuff

Txt put some bland stuff out, i feel like the killing parts of their songs just never hit. Their 2021 titles eat up though, loser lover is bomb af and should’ve done better 

probably because Bite Me is the only recent title from a big 4th gen bg that doesn't sound like musical terrorism

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not over Keeho's "bro" styling for that comeback... it is completely off base for him, he's flaming

titflash.gif

• Haha 1

This shade of blonde was literally perfect for her :superman:

she should’ve kept it for the comeback instead of the bleached one 

• Like 2

Got this demo again in my Recommended page and damn... so timeless :clap3:

On the one hand it's a bit sad that SM often relies on Western demos and rarely uses in-house producers BUT on the other hand we would have missed out on so many bops that would have been shelved for eternity if SM hadn't bagged them :jonny5:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Odd said:

YG used to have interesting ideas..

Something for the summer, sistar's crown slipped a bit

touch me ova heree touch me-touch me over theree

I just realised that Hoshi’s alleged BF is in FIL video :foxaylove2:

17 minutes ago, Flomik said:

On the one hand it's a bit sad that SM often relies on Western demos and rarely uses in-house producers BUT on the other hand we would have missed out on so many bops that would have been shelved for eternity if SM hadn't bagged them :jonny5:

LDN Noise is more or less SM's in-house producer just look at their discography :dies:

15 minutes ago, Flomik said:

This isn't strictly true. Whilst SM barely has in-house producers, what they do well is inviting western producers to writing camps organized and funded BY SM itself. 

These writers team up at the camps to produce demos exclusively for SM, who then has an A&R team picking out the best songs for their artists. 

That's how they've operated for some time now, but they do still buy demos too, but it's a lot less common than before.

7 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

spacer.png

try not to say mother challenge 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FACT said:

Replace Moka with Ruka then we have our perfect lineup 

Chanelle and Minju are so beautiful :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

I'm not sure why SM is allergic to sexy concepts but it's about time, they need to bring this back with Aespa.

I feel like the girls suits the sultry, elegant feminine choreos more than those robotic mess SM has been forcing them to. Salty & Sweet is a testimony of that :chick1:

We need Women back in the sea of children 

gen Z isn't interested in sexy concepts

I need the full version asap.mp3 cause

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I'm still not over Keeho's "bro" styling for that comeback... it is completely off base for him, he's flaming

titflash.gif

He's such a hottie. I'd bump popper bottles with him tbh.

titflash.gif

song of summer

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Britney Jean said:

Chanelle and Minju are so beautiful :jonnycat:

Beautiful and talented We have no choice but to vote next turn 

• Like 1

I've read that Junhomophobe reportedly told a male fan that he should "love women instead"

Is that true?

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

To be fair it was ages ago but it's keeping me from checking out Hotel Del Yoona

#JusticeForHypeBoy 

we love you NJ :gaygacat4:

Edited by SandyJeans
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, smates said:

I believe Chen is the best male vocalist out there in pop music right now (he actually might be the best vocalist in K-Pop ever, if we don't count the likes of Ailee) but D.O.'s tone remains my absolute favorite in K-Pop. Just unmatched in terms of musicality here :jonny6:

Yup Kyungsoo's tone is just unbeatable for me. Plus his outstanding agility is what keeps me coming back to his voice and never get tired of it. A literal angel.

Why do i kinda live for these AI generated TWICE-IVE videos :dies: the fact that the line distributions are always almost perfect because of the vocal tones

Hanni and Danielle were already my faves cause of their sweet-as-honey vocals but the way they've been EATING this era :jonny6:

f7e721cf5aaf6520a8bcbfa4f6eebf9656e678ca

f3eea8f6ac4a6b95f6a16a7a0f5295bbcb263efd

• Like 3

Just now, Da Vinci said:

Hanni and Danielle were already my faves cause of their sweet-as-honey vocals but the way they've been EATING this era :jonny6:

I'm not a proponent for blonde hair or hair bleaching on asian idols in general.....but Hanni should keep this hair color for as long as possible. The fact that I didnt notice her visuals that much before but with this hair she's 10 times more present on screen. It's insane.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

literally devoured :duca: love my Aussies

& another #1 hit for hit songwriter Dani (Attention & now Super Shy)

• Like 1

Koreans tried to resist NewJeans and that lasted less than three days They thought they ate :foxaylove3:

You can’t live without NewJeans bfrfr 

Edited by FACT