K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Wooow I love the choreo, the amount of dancers :deadbanana2: their budget is very big rn

Also, Danielle is the most charismatic member :beatfreak: (and the only one actually)

my arms get tired just watching them :rip:

• Like 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I hope I don't get thread banned :ace: I probably listened to LSFM and NewJeans the most lately but I think I usually follow K-Pop groups through performance videos on YT because they never show up on my year-end lists either (except for BTS, obviously).

spacer.png

• Like 1

I just love them so much together 

I never supported a ship as much as this two they are perfect together :superman:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Whew, my full year stats being the top 1 group of excellence and quality ONLY

It feels kinda off topic, but I honestly don’t really understand how you all amass so many streams for kpop groups? I only really use them for quick little singles, so they rarely show up on my top artists. Only the few groups where I use their albums (which is hardly any, these days :skull:)

spacer.png

ngl I was kinda shook at my own list but I've been really into kpop again this year

the way britney was my #7 even tho she's been nearly inactive since 2016 took me out as well :hoetenks: i havent been vibing with western music for a while

1 minute ago, Sorecer said:

I never supported a ship as much as this two they are perfect together :superman:

they're perfect :heart:

1 minute ago, ItsJustMe. said:

ngl I was kinda shook at my own list but I've been really into kpop again this year

the way britney was my #7 even tho she's been nearly inactive since 2016 took me out as well :hoetenks: i havent been vibing with western music for a while

this tea, 2020 was the last year western music outdid kpop for me, its been mainly kpop ever since :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Wooow I love the choreo, the amount of dancers :deadbanana2: their budget is very big rn

Also, Danielle is the most charismatic member :beatfreak: (and the only one actually)

the way it's becoming a trend in kpop to wait on the side or in the back while another member has their line, meanwhile these legends are doing aerobics 24/7 :skull:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

It feels kinda off topic, but I honestly don’t really understand how you all amass so many streams for kpop groups? I only really use them for quick little singles, so they rarely show up on my top artists. Only the few groups where I use their albums (which is hardly any, these days :skull:)

spacer.png

Cause I'm not a big fan of the current western music. Especially pop. 

I jumped from rock bands debuted in 80-90s that was the only thing that I used to listen (along with Taylor) when I was a teenager directly to K-pop in 2016 (and my last.fm started to being really active in 2017). Since my favorite bands aren't releasing much new music (or any at all), I'm stuck mostly with Taylor and K-pop. 

And It's been 7 years since Radiohead released an album... 

16 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Who remembers when Junho was only recognized by international audiences for his big butt? :deadbanana2: there were so many memes about it.   
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe8qBpFwOds1s8IJMfUOQ

Edited by k4rmabutterfly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

I don't wanna be a *****... But this couple feels all kind of forced and media played. 

They're probably nothing serious but the way the medias, the fans and producers of the dramas are feeding us this. Like their breakup will come fast after the drama like many others couples. And we will move on from it as if it never happened.

25 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

spacer.png

We are in the same boat with NewJeans the only kpop in the list 

I listen to kpop songs when I’m bored but it’s not that serious like NewJeans :foxaylove3:

This is so much better than Christmas EveL

Should've been viral instead :jonny5:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I don't wanna be a *****... But this couple feels all kind of forced and media played. 

They're probably nothing serious but the way the medias, the fans and producers of the dramas are feeding us this. Like their breakup will come fast after the drama like many others couples. And we will move on from it as if it never happened.

But they’re not an official couple :chick1:  How would they break up?

3 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

But they’re not an official couple :chick1:  How would they break up?

Weren't they reported to be a couple via a :mrpeanut: source :mrpeanut: from the shooting.

3 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Weren't they reported to be a couple via a :mrpeanut: source :mrpeanut: from the shooting.

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

2 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

Aespa riling up the girls as usual, I see 

They have bad streams like who cares? their peers can have all the streams. Aespa has the body of work and vocals :gaycat2:

It seems the double million seller certification got certain girls bothered

fl5rQMT.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hanni’s “you don’t even know my name do you” and Hyein’s “all the time” Hello vocalists? :jonnycat:

Most kpop girls focus on hitting the highest note but them keep it beautiful :gayalipacat5:

• Like 2

EXO in less than 12 hours :jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zack said:

It seems the double million seller certification got certain girls bothered

fl5rQMT.gif

B-BuT the StReAms!1

I definitely see the same pattern here. Imagine the collapse and meltdowns when they're going to break more records for their next CB 

I fear for the sanity of some of the users here :deadbanana4:

22 hours ago, hallucinate said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

i miss my man :'(

ot: and the twitter links are not working nnn

still looking so sexy even if he’s wearing military uniform :flame:

shoot me daddy! :wave2:

1 hour ago, Hazy said:

I won’t drag you just because we’re in a kpop thread

enjoy being a plastic bag or something 

?????????????

you ok sis?

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Um what? 
Im still struggling to find what was it about @Save-Me-Oprah’s comment? What are you letting slide here? And what was the plastic bag comment? Did you even follow the full conversation or?

so many questions chile :gaycat6:

Hmm maybe just jumping to conclusions lmao

I'm astral projecting them some thoughts & prayers

titflash.gif

18 hours ago, spicyaegha said:

What’s surprising is that enhypens title track did the best out of the 4th gen bgs on Spotify global…

4th gen bgs inability to put out a hit with international audiences needs to be studied, like I’m not even talking about Korea but even internationals are not looking for hits with them. Like i think skz could’ve done it if they came out with a normal song lol, but their recent title track was just not it… haven’t topped miroh, gods menu, and back door yet imo. They keep getting more popular but I feel like their title tracks get less and less relevant. They should try some melodic rap type stuff

Txt put some bland stuff out, i feel like the killing parts of their songs just never hit. Their 2021 titles eat up though, loser lover is bomb af and should’ve done better 

I’m mainly a BG stan but BGs scene nowadays is kinda bland. They don’t bring anything new to the KPop world. Every songs and comebacks are not that exciting anymore. Quite sad though.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why SM is allergic to sexy concepts but it's about time, they need to bring this back with Aespa.

I feel like the girls suits the sultry, elegant feminine choreos more than those robotic mess SM has been forcing them to. Salty & Sweet is a testimony of that :chick1:

We need Women back in the sea of children 

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 2