K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

12 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

SANA x GRAFF is insane tho 

She’s wearing well over 5M in her campaign shot :deadbanana:

She always gives off that expensive princess aura so no wonder that company snatched her :clap3:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Century said:

The stinks in that thread hiding behind SNSD to bash Twix as if that isn't soshi's sons. :redface:

Yeah, no need to have a flexing contest between SNSD and Twice when people with brains get to enjoy both with an expansive catalog and a plethora of content. :giraffe:

My deepest sympathies to the ones that get 4 songs every half a century.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Okay but then again if you put them side by side with their peers. They're at the bottom in the Big 3/4 whatever

Like I don't get this constant shade and hateboner on Aespa. Focus on your faves gorls

i love new york tiffany pollard gif | WiffleGif

You're new around here but just letting you know, there's genuinely people who only pop in here when aespa do stuff to hate on them. Like they log on just to drag aespa. It's weird but I've come to accept it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, Adama said:

You literally inserted yourself in the convo :bibliahh:

For saying SM acts including Aespa flops in spotify? not sure if that's a convo when it's a known fact but go off and get your quick giggles :foxaylove2:

Anyway this is my 2nd day in Kpoptrl and I promised not to be so messy. Thanks girls for the warm welcome :hug:

Edited by Odette Violet

Sana's evolution from quirky comic relief to sex kitten should be STUDIED :jonny5:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Somi said:

Idle blocking a HYBE group in 2023 needs to be studied 

oops 

4 hours ago, SandyJeans said:

the incoming First 5th Gen Group achievements mediaplay :redface:

first 5th gen group to debut 

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

neither has Ariana, Selena Gomes & The Scene or Knee

sad.thumb.gif.0fd1f1e03c95886c5cc60fff23

I won’t drag you just because we’re in a kpop thread

enjoy being a plastic bag or something 

ot: NewJeans 4th gen leaders 

2 hours ago, Nein said:

Is it just me or are Spicy streams really weak. It's only at 40m.

titflash.gif

Queencard on the other hand is already at 76m.

only 4th gen leaders, you know :flower:

Just now, Rhyme said:

You're new around here but just letting you know, there's genuinely people who only pop in here when aespa do stuff to hate on them. Like they log on just to drag aespa. It's weird but I've come to accept it.

I used to lurked around here and I noticed it's coming from the same people. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to avoid them :hug:

3 minutes ago, Hazy said:

I won’t drag you just because we’re in a kpop thread

enjoy being a plastic bag or something 

Was this comment addressed to somebody else? I’m still tryna understand it :dies:

Whew, my full year stats being the top 4 groups of excellence and quality ONLY

iHmzFlZ9YDqk.png?o=1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

I used to lurked around here and I noticed it's coming from the same people. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to avoid them :hug:

Will take this chance to say welcome to a fellow MY. :heart2:

• Like 1

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

Was this comment addressed to somebody else? I’m still tryna understand it :dies:

That user needs a wellness check, they randomly came for me yesterday too and I didn't understand why :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Honestly I'd rather aespa kept releasing experimental/electronic music and flop/underperform on Spotify instead of releasing "GP-friendly" and "internationally appealing" tracks and become sellouts :deadbanana4:

Next Level was a one in a million moment where everything just clicked with people, despite it being experimental. Such thing might not happen again in a long time and that's ok

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just watched Super Shy, it’s a summer bop :sun: and the mv omfg so good :WAP:  Min Heejin is insane, her mind >>>  the GOAT of kpop. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I believe Chen is the best male vocalist out there in pop music right now (he actually might be the best vocalist in K-Pop ever, if we don't count the likes of Ailee) but D.O.'s tone remains my absolute favorite in K-Pop. Just unmatched in terms of musicality here :jonny6:

Edited by smates
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

I just watched Super Shy, it’s a summer bop :sun: and the mv omfg so good :WAP:  Min Heejin is insane, her mind >>>  the GOAT of kpop. 

yess get into it sone! :heart: such a beautiful summer MV

f7e721cf5aaf6520a8bcbfa4f6eebf9656e678ca

f3eea8f6ac4a6b95f6a16a7a0f5295bbcb263efd

da73d4a6a9c2c1f5563324b55965c168dd545f35

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

yess get into it sone! :heart: such a beautiful summer MV

f7e721cf5aaf6520a8bcbfa4f6eebf9656e678ca

f3eea8f6ac4a6b95f6a16a7a0f5295bbcb263efd

da73d4a6a9c2c1f5563324b55965c168dd545f35

Well, I’ve been stanning their music since Attention. I mean, how could you not support them? Easily the best Kpop act to appear in a loooong time :clap3: 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

nope, I’m just Ariana stan:flower: she’s like my ult bias but I will let it slide since we’re in a kpop thread and I’m not really using any other topics on this forum rn (don’t take it personal too :gaycat6:)

ot: NewJennies is the revolution

18 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

That user needs a wellness check, they randomly came for me yesterday too and I didn't understand why :deadbanana2:

if you don’t want someone commenting on the things you’re typing just send a dm instead of acting surprised, you know? 

I didn’t continue our exchange yesterday because I’m trying to be less messy in here, peace :flower:

• Like 1

Whew, my full year stats being the top 1 group of excellence and quality ONLY

It feels kinda off topic, but I honestly don’t really understand how you all amass so many streams for kpop groups? I only really use them for quick little singles, so they rarely show up on my top artists. Only the few groups where I use their albums (which is hardly any, these days :skull:)

spacer.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Honestly I'd rather aespa kept releasing experimental/electronic music and flop/underperform on Spotify instead of releasing "GP-friendly" and "internationally appealing" tracks and become sellouts :deadbanana4:

Next Level was a one in a million moment where everything just clicked with people, despite it being experimental. Such thing might not happen again in a long time and that's ok

Tea tho. They have an unmatched selling power and fanbase so the girls are set for a long time 

On the side note. The Star of this generation, QueenQueen has another upcoming solo gig :gaygacat4:

Edited by Odette Violet

5 minutes ago, Hazy said:

nope, I’m just Ariana stan:flower: she’s like my ult bias but I will let it slide since we’re in a kpop thread and I’m not really using any other topics on this forum rn (don’t take it personal too :gaycat6:)

ot: NewJennies is the revolution

if you don’t want someone commenting on the things you’re typing just send a dm instead of acting surprised, you know? 

I didn’t continue our exchange yesterday because I’m trying to be less messy in here, peace :flower:

Um what? 
Im still struggling to find what was it about @Save-Me-Oprah’s comment? What are you letting slide here? And what was the plastic bag comment? Did you even follow the full conversation or?

so many questions chile :gaycat6:

37 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Hmm maybe just jumping to conclusions lmao

7 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Whew, my full year stats being the top 1 group of excellence and quality ONLY

It feels kinda off topic, but I honestly don’t really understand how you all amass so many streams for kpop groups? I only really use them for quick little singles, so they rarely show up on my top artists. Only the few groups where I use their albums (which is hardly any, these days :skull:)

spacer.png

I would say its the same for me for the majority of kpop, but there's definitely select artists who have amazing catalogs to consistently listen to (Twice and SNSD)

Also, IVE's album was kinda flawless so I listened to that a lot the first couple of months after release.

Past that, most kpop I listen to is mainly just title tracks and a bside stream here and there :rip:

• Like 1

Wooow I love the choreo, the amount of dancers :deadbanana2: their budget is very big rn

Also, Danielle is the most charismatic member :beatfreak: (and the only one actually)

• Like 1

Everyone showing their lastfm while I can’t use it since I have Amerigo :emofish: 

super shy is actually a grower it’s not song I would listen everyday but it’s actually a bop. They kinda won :bird: