K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, armink said:

Only on chronically online spaces like these will people choose to forget that these are REAL PEOPLE who have been harassed by the entire world ever since 2016  :toofunny3:

Not everything is a calculated move to control the narrative. They get treated like garbage by the baguettes in here on the daily, it's not hard to fathom jealous loser idols did the same to them in real life.

Was that video supposed to prove that Tao is a “jealous loser idol”? :dies:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, smates said:

I wouldn't say it was abuse but you literally said their struggles made them who they are today so they should shut up about what they've been through, they aren't victims because they are stronger now. I quoted you and you didn't reply but you must realize statements like these usually come from abusers.

I'm obviously choosing to believe you worded your thoughts wrong.

Being scoffed at backstage is unprofessional and rude behavior but every group experiences some kind of that. Either you debut with a small or mid size company and are called nugu and dismissed or you're from a big 4 and others assume you aren't deserving of your success and are praying on your downfall. More discussion about this would be a good thing in a vacuum but after Army have time and again used BTS's experiences as ammunition to be nastier to idols and their fans than anything that was said backstage that night, it becomes problematic to me.

At a certain point you have to ask if BTS is punching up at the industry that created conditions for them to be mistreated or punching down at an already on the brink of disbandment group that's been freefalling since 2016. After so many issues with their fans behaving in this manner I believe there's a way to share past experiences in a way that discourages fans from missing the point. Look at the difference from Red TV to Speak Now TV. Taylor Swift saw an issue with her fans behavior and before she got ready to dig up past experiences again she had the forethought to tell her fans not to attack people over years old drama.

If all the energy Army spent over the years harassing journalists and idols for perceived mistreatment of BTS was put into trying to uplift other groups who are struggling in the media now or trying to dismantle the hateful norms in the industry there could be positive change and accountability instead of whatever we have now. BTS are the only ones with the power to set that straight though.

Edited by Century

Honestly, I get being mad at BTS fans for attacking other fandoms. BTS are certainly not talking about EXO, Shinee, or BigBang because most of the members have friends from those groups so they clearly get along well. Armys take their anger from fanwars on the wrong people.

BUT y'all are taking your anger on the wrong people, too. Why shouldn't they talk about the injustice they faced when they started out as teenagers from a small company :rip: It's a part of their history.

Truly, the only 7 people in the world who would get blamed for "victim mentality" when they talk about their bullying story :rip:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I mean, obviously literally everyone can talk about their "bad experiences" "struggles" or being "mistreated" but the way the army are talking about this issue as if those things didn't motivate them to be the biggest kpop artist of all time is just :deadbanana:

they were mocked for being in a small company and people laughed at you when they were trying to breakout in the west and? :toofunny3: 

the kpop industry is a cruel place and no amount of tell all books will change that now their obsessed fans are attacking a group and playing the victim like they always do

I understand Armys are insufferable and we should absolutely condemn their behavior, but I think you were projecting your perception of them on people who are doing nothing wrong, including the BTS members.

Your take ended up coming off as insensitive, in my opinion. 

Just now, jorjapuss said:

lisa's man uglghy 

spacer.png

He rich though:WAP: jk

is she even dating him? ppl are jumping the gun with this honestly. Like they were just sitting together

hes been with her everywhere since born pink tour started 

22 minutes ago, armink said:

The way I knew you would do this :bibliahh: I clearly said its not similar levels of severity, but the premise of YOU telling someone who's been mistreated to shut up and be quiet because it MIGHT cause harm to innocent people is the mindset of victim blamers

You're comparing being disrespected backstage to serious cases of abuse and no amount of backtracking can change the fact that you're trivializing situations that are detrimental to people's safety and well-being. That's not gaslighting that's a comparison you personally made. BTS never claimed to have been in danger over getting their feelings hurt, you're the one who made that escalation.

22 minutes ago, armink said:

I'm sorry if you were offended but if you think "worms for brains" is this serious of a personal attack I fear for your extremely thin skin on an online forum. I never mean for it to be that deep love :heart:.  Now please never speak to me again :heart2:

I believe using words like worms for brains and dense in a discussion where nobody else is behaving that way is problematic. Thin skin skin would be if everybody was being shady and I took offense, you're just rude and that's the issue here.

Edited by Century

All this over BTS being clowned and getting hate backstage:dies:

The Army overdramatic’s on twitter :hoetenks:Doing the most as usual  

7 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

He rich though:WAP: jk

is she even dating him? ppl are jumping the gun with this honestly. Like they were just sitting together

hes been with her everywhere since born pink tour started 

they are obviously dating, why would he follow lisa everywhere? for what business reason 

jennie dating visual of the groups

rose dating hot actor

lisa really lost this round. he's not even cute 

Edited by jorjapuss

JENNIE dating a crybaby :rip:

breakup with him asap and date JIN or non-BTS instead please

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, jorjapuss said:

they are obviously dating, why would he follow lisa everywhere? for what business reason 

jennie dating visual of the groups

rose dating hot actor

lisa really lost this round. he's not even cute 

Rosie ain’t dating that man yg denied that

Anyways we don’t know if they are really dating honestly and if they r then lol I hope queen lalisa is happy

People really need to learn to separate idols from their fanbases. Like you will never see me attack any idol personally or blame them for the actions of their fans.
I usually shade the fandoms or the company behind the group instead of the actual members

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Adama said:

Armys on Twitter back again with their victims mentality :sleep:

Oh they are really crazy idk why BTS keeps releasing random **** like this when they know it would provoke their deranged fans

2 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

Rosie ain’t dating that man yg denied that

Anyways we don’t know if they are really dating honestly and if they r then lol I hope queen lalisa is happy

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

People really need to learn to separate idols from their fanbases. Like you will never see me attack any idol personally or blame them for the actions of their fans. Notice how I usually shade the fandoms instead of the actual idols. 

You just made that up. You've called me a BP hater more times than I can count when all I ever post about is Blinks.:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Century said:

You just made that up. You've called me a BP hater more times than I can count when all I ever post about is Blinks.:bibliahh:

Free me from you, and stop quoting me

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Free me from you, and stop quoting me

You inserted your own superiority complex into it. You're just as hostile as anybody else in this thread. Blame yourself.

And that user have the nerve to lie on top of that :swim2:

But why did they think It was EXO from everyone? Their interations through 2014-2017 was cute 

Baekhyun was jamming to Danger before 99% of them knew the group existed

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Century said:

SM probably doesn't care, MHJ's biggest strength is her visual direction and that's the area where SM is still dom topping the industry without her. The 2 MVs we got for My World are leagues ahead of other 4th gen GGs.

I don’t remember anything about the Welcome to My World MV, what were they doing walking around a beach zzz

I love aespa but they are so boring rn.

look at SMs recent teaser pics (EXO, NCT DREAM) they all boring af in front of plain recycled backgrounds or ugly sets. The videos i struggle to get through, all the aesthetics & concepts they had before where’d it go?

SM isn’t giving like they used to.

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

But why did they think It was EXO from everyone? Their interations through 2014-2017 was cute 

spacer.png

It's solely based on the rivalry from the 2016-7 era. There's been nothing but support coming from both groups. Before the fandom started dying EXO-L were the same way and made everything about BTS. Imagine how tired we are :dies:

• Like 1

Wait, now I got sad EXO stopped going to kpop events in 2017

spacer.png

• Like 1

nn stop the drama, start the music

you don't even know my name do yaaaa

da73d4a6a9c2c1f5563324b55965c168dd545f35.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

spacer.png

Revisionist history.... They have developed echo chambers amongst themselves ...I saw some tweets saying exo bullied 15 year old Jungkook???????

Also this viral clip of tao from 2018 being offended by some racist white girls asking him if he was bts and him telling his crew that they weren't as popular when he was in exo :deadbanana4: which are facts? Lol

https://twitter.com/rpseuphoria/status/1677788861680824320

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Century said:

It's solely based on the rivalry from the 2016-7 era. There's been nothing but support coming from both groups. Before the fandom started dying EXO-L were the same way and made everything about BTS. Imagine how tired we are :dies:

EXO and BTS kings

spacer.png

• Like 2