K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The thing with NewJeans is that all their songs either feels like they are pre-releases or just b-sides, but none of their songs actually fells like an actual title track if that makes sense? Like every song feels like a pre-release to something big that's about to come, that never comes btw and it's just another chill basic song, even if I like some of their songs. 

It seems intentional tho. They still aren't youtube magnets either.

Maybe it was just coincidence but it feels like they intentionally aren't going for big "kpop comeback" type marketing and instead want the music to do better longterm.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

It seems intentional tho. They still aren't youtube magnets either.

Maybe it was just coicedence but it feels like they intentionally aren't going for big "kpop comeback" type marketing and instead want the music to do better longterm.

bingo

Idk, Hypeboy and OMG felt pretty "grand" to me if that's the right word?

8 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The thing with NewJeans is that all their songs either feels like they are pre-releases or just b-sides, but none of their songs actually fells like an actual title track if that makes sense? Like every song feels like a pre-release to something big that's about to come, that never comes btw and it's just another chill basic song, even if I like some of their songs. 

you're just too used to overproduced mess,

on a good album, every song is equally good and you shouldn't be able to tell the title track apart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Administrator

NJ said art not charts. If the art charts amazingly then so be it. 

• Like 4

• ATRL Administrator
1 minute ago, Take Me Apart said:

you're just too used to overproduced mess,

on a good album, every song is equally good and you shouldn't be able to tell the title track apart

This. :cm: 

5 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

this is kinda the best female solo we’ve gotten so far this year

they're having a cvnt-off :jonny6:

• Like 1

Hypeboy is pretty title track-ish compared to their other songs. 
but overall, as someone else said, it’s intentional. They want to make the songs timeless and spontaneous easy-listens instead of powerpacked or over-produced, which I appreciate because we already have enough of that in kpop with other girlgroups already killing it. 

in honor of the return of OEC, we also have to mention Max & Match (2017)

dream pop perfection. I wished they continued to explore this genre more - anyone have any other Kpop examples like this masterpiece? :chick3: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

in honor of the return of OEC, we also have to mention Max & Match (2017)

dream pop perfection. I wished they continued to explore this genre more - anyone have any other Kpop examples like this masterpiece? :chick3: 

The way they ended Grimes mercilessly here :jonny5:

Edited by Flomik

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They have indeed a different strategy but Let’s not pretend they aren’t chasing the charts 

5 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Idk, Hypeboy and OMG felt pretty "grand" to me if that's the right word?

Hypeboy was viral and OMG did pretty bad on youtube. (its not even seen as the video anymore since the choreo vid has 5x the views.) :rip:

They just aren't doing the "grand" first week release with the imminent drop. Its less about release and more about stretching the era's.

5 hours ago, BlackAura said:

Spotify isn't everything bestie. Now combine their Spotify and Yt streams.

okay :gaycat2:

Flower MV: 317M

Flower Spotify: 216M

Flower Total: 533M

Like Crazy MV: 73M

Like Crazy Spotify (KR): 312M

Like Crazy Spotify (EN): 161M

Like Crazy Total: 546M

Too bad blinks can't read or understand numbers!

• ATRL Administrator
3 minutes ago, Adama said:

They have indeed a different strategy but Let’s not pretend they aren’t chasing the charts 

Charts chasing them with as many times as they top it. Lmao

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, fauxtography said:

Hypeboy was viral and OMG did pretty bad on youtube. (its not even seen as the video anymore since the choreo vid has 5x the views.) :rip:

They just aren't doing the "grand" first week release with the imminent drop. Its less about release and more about stretching the era's.

Spotify says otherwise though. It's their most streamed song :cm:

The MV flopped because it's 6:30 minutes like no one's watching allat more than once :rip:

Just now, Ryan said:

Charts chasing them with as many times as they top it. Lmao

:giraffe:

Just now, Flomik said:

Spotify says otherwise though. It's their most streamed song :cm:

The MV flopped because it's 6:30 minutes like no one's watching allat more than once :rip:

Thats literally the point that is being made here. :rip:

43 minutes ago, Century said:

LSRF's 4 songs, interlude, and expanded dance track/MV teaser was better than that full album by a mile sorry. 

Maybe for you, I just don’t find that true for me at all. Aside from the intro and Eve, I don’t find myself going back to the other tracks in that album. 

Also the “generic” tag on IVE is not representative of their entire discography or even that album. Idk what you consider as generic but I AM has a lot of musical elements meshed together and the end product is enjoyable. So idk why we should discard it as “generic” if we enjoy it. The album also contains a lot of different sounds. They just follow a set pop structure in each song but that’s all intentional. 

• Like 3

On 7/7/2023 at 5:28 PM, starstruckaj said:

Not too much on them, we need someone in the group with vocals! But I’ll push for this sickening trio getting in if those two don’t make it :cm:

no, we dont need vocal. they are pop group. they will be fine without them. we need the trio instead

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

they give us both & we love them for that! also just know Ryan I'm liking all of your posts in spirit

also what are rules with reactions? assuming they reset every 24 hours? please help a newbie out :bird:

• ATRL Administrator
1 minute ago, SandyJeans said:

they give us both & we love them for that! also just know Ryan I'm liking all of your posts in spirit

also what are rules with reactions? assuming they reset every 24 hours? please help a newbie out :bird:

Thank you! Yes they reset each day. 

7 minutes ago, Flomik said:

The way they ended Grimes mercilessly here :jonny5:

dasurved for teasing us with a collaboration only to give us just an intro to love4eva

and also procreating with worst man alive in the world

why you guys acting like new jewans flooped they did pretty good

anyways the people who used them to drag new jeans must feel silly