K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Been thinking about Bangchan's ass for 2 days straight now. It's getting weird.

Honestly same. Or Chang Bin's. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

TXT suck so bad. ENGODPEN deserve the push TXT is getting.

The Star of this generation. Queenqueen stomping the other girls effortlessly :gaycat4:

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

The Star of this generation. Queenqueen stomping the other girls effortlessly :gaycat4:

If Wonyo was serious she could get 5M likes by now :gaycat:

14 minutes ago, Cheers said:

TXT suck so bad. ENGODPEN deserve the push TXT is getting.

spill :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

If Wonyo was serious she could get 5M likes by now :gaycat:

Miss Strawberry is an undeniable It Girl but Miss SingSing is coming for ha WW.

A Beauty with talent and natural Charisma 

All we need is that solo  :gaygacat4:

41 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I don’t understand the rehash arguments about MHJ and NewJeans. No one was doing what they did when they debuted. Their songs are diverse and provide different flavors. Their sound is based around Jersey Club. But they still manage to shake things up. That filthy Cookie song doesn’t sound like anything else they’ve done. OMG is different. Zero is different. Hype Boy is different. Super Shy and Ditto sound nothing alike. Attention sounds like nothing else they’ve done.

Songs lacking a bridge are in and helps with repeat streaming. That doesn’t mean they’re chasing trends considering other groups are trying to model themselves after NJ now. 

Also they're not even a year old yet. They're playing the smart game by not changing it up too drastically so quickly

I still can’t believe the amount of hate she got for this. I understand it’s different from the majority of her previous work but it was just a fun little song that hurt nobody. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Ryujin & Yeji whew

imagine if ITZY werent sabotaged by JYP

aespa stans should focus on gidle or something like that 

queencard is still #1 unlike...

Super Smash is a grower but ASAPAK should've been the pre-release single, I hate ******* waiting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Its mother mina :WAP: mv coming on the 14th :wanda:

MOTHER

it will be released July 14th?

jk AND mina in one day :jonny6:

Edited by Zuko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LuneMon said:

Red Velvet has some bops, but some of their fans overestimate that group impact, I mean they were struggling for that 3rd spot lol. they should be thankful mamamoo and gfriends company were messy lol 

Red Velvet was MHJ’s third group and NJ is her fourth. HYBE literally nabbed MHJ after she left SM because they wanted her to bring that direction and you can still see so much of her signature style in them. How are you going to argue that MHJ didn’t impact…herself? :lmao: 

The way the girls here hate Red Velvet so much only to stan the new iteration of them is a bit of a kii.

48 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I don’t understand the rehash arguments about MHJ and NewJeans. No one was doing what they did when they debuted. Their songs are diverse and provide different flavors. Their sound is based around Jersey Club. But they still manage to shake things up. That filthy Cookie song doesn’t sound like anything else they’ve done. OMG is different. Zero is different. Hype Boy is different. Super Shy and Ditto sound nothing alike. Attention sounds like nothing else they’ve done.

Songs lacking a bridge are in and helps with repeat streaming. That doesn’t mean they’re chasing trends considering other groups are trying to model themselves after NJ now. 

MHJ was doing it for 20 years now, baby. And Cookie sounds just like OMG - we dragged OMG in here when it dropped for being a rehash. Did you forget the day it came out? :deadbanana: 

Songs lacking a bridge are in because of chart manipulation. It doesn’t make it okay for artists to half-ass music to try and get a higher chart position. That is the definition of trend-chasing.

And I like NJ and I think they have a bright future. I’m just ready to get out of the hell that is these TikTok songs and get to something new and fresh.

1 hour ago, lily42 said:

Red Velvet demos :bibliahh:

the essays. sm sheep is so deranged and delusional :rip:

You can honestly tell who doesn’t follow K-pop in here for trying to drag a Girls’ Generation stan for commenting on MHJ. We’ve been with her since she broke out and stanned her ever since. Why can’t we say we don’t like hearing her stuck in sounds from a decade ago?

27 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Ryujin & Yeji whew

imagine if ITZY werent sabotaged by JYP

They need to add a vocalist. The dancing groups are all going to have similar fates to TWICE later in their careers if they don’t have someone to sing their songs.

Yeji is my Queen, but she can’t belt to save her life.

7 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Super Smash is a grower but ASAPAK should've been the pre-release single, I hate ******* waiting

exactly. they need to remind the girls who the REAL 4th gen leaders are! serving art & the corresponding charts 

also need to discuss how smart (though sometimes confusing) ADOR's marketing strategy is:

• ASAP b-side teaser with beautiful visuals & addicting, catchy hook
  • 2nd Title Track ETA Performed at Fan Meeting to build Hype for July 21 Release
  • Album Intro (Half a day early) + 1st Title Track Super Shy Pre-Release
  • & I expect we'll get some teasers for Cool With You & Get Up closer to the release as well 
  • Each song having it's own moment to shine meaning everyone is tuned in to every single album track whether they like NJ or not

The Spotify streams are going to be massive :jonnycat:

Also the intentional use of having long MV intros/scenes so people don't rely on rewatching YouTube but instead go to Spotify to stream instead so they can avoid the interruptions :clap3:

• Like 1

SM probably feels dumb for not trusting MHJ’s vision and giving her more creative control. For a company that’s supposed to be creative and artsy they sure have been bland asf lately.

HYBE is laughing 🤭 

Edited by lauvender

• ATRL Administrator
11 minutes ago, Eternium said:

MHJ was doing it for 20 years now, baby. And Cookie sounds just like OMG - we dragged OMG in here when it dropped for being a rehash. Did you forget the day it came out? :deadbanana: 

I was still easing my way back into ATRL during that time. I’ve been in rehab since last September so my internet was spotty. 

• ATRL Administrator
2 minutes ago, lauvender said:

SM probably feels dumb for not trusting MHJ’s vision and giving her more creative control. For a company that’s supposed to be creative and artsy they sure have been bland asf lately.

BigHit is laughing 🤭 

SM is a disaster 

which one of you baguettes did this :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lauvender said:

HYBE is laughing 🤭 

SM is trusting only a few people artistic input. Look at how that Pinterest guy had been handling so many projects while they were all plagiarized, when you have artist literally fighting with the company to work with an extern producer or creative director.

18 minutes ago, Zuko said:

MOTHER

it will be released July 14th?

jk AND mina in one day :jonny6:

Yup, godkook is releasing at midnight ET and misamo midnight JST :WAP:

also there's no need to respond to the meltdowns & delusions. nothing should distract us from this historical moment!! NJ is about to serve us their Reboot (2015), 4 Walls (2015), Girl's Generation (1st Japanese Album) (2011), Perfect Velvet (2017) realness with Get Up (2023)   :gaygacat4:

any GG albums I missed? feel free to share :cm:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

which one of you baguettes did this :bibliahh:

The way Kevin has the whole world on chokehold with his bussy :ahh:

Edited by paddii_
  • Haha 1