K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

YG researching NewJeans :bibliahh:

Or just a fan, maybe? Imagine working for the company that makes crackstink’s poop music when you could be working for Hybe our new saviors

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

KWINKA is their best single in years. I don’t understand the hate for it. They’ve really found their groove making songs about **** women go through without alienating a male fanbase. 

I love KWINKA for what it is, it is Incredibly catchy and I love that they’ve become feminism queens lately, but you cant argue that this does not compare to their previous quality when Soojin was there. 

3 hours ago, Hazy said:

o wow so many things happened overnight :deadbanana4:

50/50 Barbie song is so much better than Cupid, now I’m kinda sad they are screwed :noparty: the amount of promo Warner already gave them so early into their career, they really could’ve been the next BTS (does any of the members speak English though?) 

I don’t like ZB1 snippet, it’s basic and sounded better in the mv teaser 

I’m not surprised about Eve English version, Yunjin teased it on instagram yesterday :flower: very good move, now push it in the west and release proper mv! but the chorus is so bad, what were they thinking? „got my heartbeat pumping”?  it sounds bad, flows bad and is so lazy :rip: was it really so hard to come up with something better?

I think it’s because that’s the literal e English translation? 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Twice still makes the best english tracks. :loki:

Yesssss

2 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

okay i must admit

Jiwoong is the best-looking male idol (or asian) I have seen so far. he looks straight out of a manhwa :redface:

He really is :WAP:

2 hours ago, Hazy said:

yeah, I’ve been saying their distribution deal is so bad since the very beginning 

Somi’s celebrity status is quite big

despite abmysmal musical output she has pretty big following and is a bit of an it girl? 

kick out Wonhee and add Yunah

and maybe I would replace Jiwoo with Chanelle, I don’t know, she looks quite miserable and lost, but maybe that would change in the next episodes 

Somi has managed to stay a big name in Korea thanks to countless cfs she still does. But enough, where is the music. 

51 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Don’t take it that seriously, I’m just trolling :hoetenks: 

It’s all love from me :heart:

Are you though :eli:

23 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

it’s been months since the album got released and i still can’t figure out who is doing that little vocal run at 2:36 :deadbanana: does anyone know?

i want to say leeseo but idk if the good sis is capable, though everything is possible in the studio

I think that’s Wonyoung? :dies:
my first instinct is always to say it’s Liz since she’s amazing, but that voice is much bubblier compared to Liz’s and sounds like WY. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

@Mel. remove that video from your signature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is the NewJeeans video going to be animated? :sadviolin:

3 hours ago, jorjapuss said:

this line up minus Jiwoo and add Yunah, it’s a slay for sure

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8eE9G1T/

Kick Iroha and Youngseo who can’t sing with their chipmunk under water vocals out Replace them with Yunah and Ruka then we don’t need 7th member 

6 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Newjeans in three hours :duca:

3 hours wait what!?  :redface:

44 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

YG taking notes to copy newjeans :gaycat2:

wait it’s someone from Jennie’s team who uploaded that :deadbanana4::dies:

1 minute ago, BigBangStan said:

3 hours wait what!?  :redface:

NewJeans (the song) mv will be released early! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hazy said:

wait it’s someone from Jennie’s team who uploaded that :deadbanana4::dies:

NewJeans (the song) mv will be released early! 

Yes it’s from Jennies team :superman:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xrosup said:

They released this specifically for @Save-Me-Oprah

The way I didn't even bother to watch this snooze animated video :sleep: Where are the videos for Hall of Fame, Super Bowl, Item? 

It's also crazy to me how they always manage to release high quality MV's for their b-sides in general, but never actually promote them? Like what's the point then? :redface:

I honestly feel like they need to start change up their promotional strategy, cause the thing with releasing their title along with the album, and then release the b-sides video after while neglecting them like that without promoting them at all, doesn't really take them anywhere.

They should also start having pre-releases, like Topline would've been a perfect pre-release and could've made way more noise! Imagine if they actually promoted it etc. 

Like they way they just wasted Topline, Hall of Fame, Item, Super Bowl when they are literally doing good on Spotify as well :redface:

Edited by Pluto2022

And why didn't TXTikTok promote this masterpiece? The way they promoted the Billie Eyelash reject and completely neglecting this when it has 70M streams, like had they actually promoted it would've maybe overtaken Sugar Rush Ride??  

"Yeah, I want it, want it, want it
Want it, want it, want it, yeah
Geujeo nan lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Geunyang dolmengi"

wining-bubbling.gif

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

LE SSERAFIM truly knows how to take advantage of a popular b-side :clap3:

Take notes TwinkXTwink and Stray Cats! :fish2:

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

And why didn't TXTikTok promote this masterpiece? The way they promoted the Billie Eyelash reject and completely neglecting this when it has 70M streams, like had they actually promoted it would've maybe overtaken Sugar Rush Ride??  

"Yeah, I want it, want it, want it
Want it, want it, want it, yeah
Geujeo nan lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Geunyang dolmengi"

wining-bubbling.gif

agree! this song is so good, it deserves more love

wining-bubbling.gif

4 minutes ago, TheCal said:

agree! this song is so good, it deserves more love

wining-bubbling.gif

The way they ate up my faves this year and released the best bg song of the year with this I fear. Stray Cats fight back!

wining-bubbling.gif

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

My current "R U Next" Top 6 is such a slay:

1) Haseul

2) Funa

3) Iroha

4) Yunah

5) Minju

6) Hyewon

Top Tier Visuals ONLY

Legends Generation :clap3:

truly the textbook of ggs :superman:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elevate said:

You spent months trying to figure this out and then decided to torture us with the threat of more months figuring it out? Why would you post this??:rip:I replayed it like 10 times :rip:

lol, anyway, I feel like it's NOT Gaeul or Liz. That's all I'm sure of. My guess is actually Wonyoung, lol. The last "yeah" has that princessy tone she strives for.

59 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I think that’s Wonyoung? :dies:
my first instinct is always to say it’s Liz since she’s amazing, but that voice is much bubblier compared to Liz’s and sounds like WY. 

WY was my second guess but the voice sounds a bit more… childish? :coffee2: but it’s def her or leeseo

:dies:

I still remember where I was when I heard this for this time:ghostface:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3