K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Junkyu becomes the 5th member of TREASURE to debut and enter Billboard Japan’s hot 100 lyricist and composer chart :clap3:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Pinter said:

Watching king the land the drama is okay but why it reminds me so much of the proposal :toofunny2: but happy seeing yoona slaying the role her acting is getting better and better her voice is so different from her usual speaking voice. 

It's full of k-romcom cliches but i don't know it's so fun and easy to watch. Sometimes mediocrity is what sells

Remember when YG got Blackpink their first concert in Japan in 2017 and they had only 5 songs, so they performed all the songs in Korean, then in Japanese, and then some songs again for the encore...... Boombayah was performed 3 times :deadbanana2: Those were wild times....

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Remember when YG got Blackpink their first concert in Japan in 2017 and they had only 5 songs, so they performed all the songs in Korean, then in Japanese, and then some songs again for the encore...... Boombayah was performed 3 times :deadbanana2: Those were wild times....

and Kazuha still ate it up :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Adama said:

I wonder if they can surpass ME pre orders! 
I also hope they surpassed more than 2 millions of pre orders! Fingers crossed.

I have no faith for the Korean charting! They are going to debut with low numbers… ZB1 are going to outchart them 

yeah i have zero expectations when it comes to korean charts (though i don’t think they’ll completely bomb)

1 hour ago, Hitchhiker said:

Chen’s whole energy and vibe after marriage has been spectacular idk if she is the reason behind it or he wants to prove sth to the hater either way I’m satisfied  :gaycat4:

he got hotter :jonnycat: we love a DILF

• Like 1

LaLegend :clap3:the recent mass streaming from lisards worked nnnn

Why are they twerking to this song :deadbanana4:

40 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Produce groups are never able to achieve their full potentials, due to their short contracts.

The thing that prevented Iz*one from reaching their full potential was covid public health policy and the greed/jealousy that imploded X1, causing Iz*one to catch a few strays.  And still, they did pretty well.  Even if their fans couldn't leave their rental cars.

:cm:

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

it’s not just the usual trainee debt - it seems like it was being structured in a way that would make it impossible for the girls to ever pay it off (which is what got LOONA’s contracts voided iirc)

the nugupromoter thread is more in-depth 

The more that comes out the more clear it's becoming that from the beginning this Attrakt company had two possible outcomes -- either the group flops and they take all the blame and the debt into the abyss of insolvency, or the group is a hit and they get bought out for very little as they owned very little.

The problem that happened was the relatively overnight success of the group compressed everything into a public mess on top of the Attrakt CEO being such a Korean male privileged doofus he didn't realize his place in the arrangement, and while spending other people's money, didn't keep skim enough off the top for himself and mom!

2 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

They had a Japanese comeback earlier this year but think they’ve gotten swept up in all the GG debuts/comebacks lately. But unlike most survival show groups, their contract is 7 years so they have some time to kill :cm:

A couple of them also have to do silly things like finish middle school.  But yeah, they had that Japan promo last month and have been doing a bunch of military events and had time to squeeze in their own stadium tour. :eddie:

That they haven't leveled up their notoriety beyond what they had coming out of that TV show is kinda disappointing, but sorta expected considering the material they've been using.  Could really use a hit song, or even one of the kids doing a hit webdrama for the breakthrough.

2 hours ago, Adama said:

Idk why the members and their parents decided to participate to this show. Should have auditioned to Big5 agencies instead. A lot of them have a lot of potential but a lot of them are too young 

This is the difference with MBC deciding to have a casting call and their outreach that goes beyond Seoul, leading to 80,000 applications showing up.  And if you look at the really young members, there are two types-- those who would have never auditioned at an agency in Seoul, but felt okay going to their local regional TV offices, and then there were those who were in the middle of a middle school career crisis!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sept said:

It's so funny how LOONA is so chased-after by other companies, even Lee Soo Man wanted to sign them as well (and stole their concept). Everyone knows their potential was huge but BBC truly fumbled the bag :dies: 

And yet all of them ended with BBC related people.

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

And yet all of them ended with BBC related people.

They ended up with people who cared about them, as opposed to Lee Sooman, who cared to learn from the Polaris group the best ways to hide a bunch of money.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

Why are they twerking to this song :deadbanana4:

This choreo is so bad :bibliahh: they kpopfied Kawaikute Gomen:deadbanana4:

Jennie and the GM team work so so well together:WAP:! The direction was better than a lot of Kpop teasers concepts (including some of her own group tbh)

Even created and developed her own game with them 

Like the Jentle House and Jentle Market was such a cute idea with all the Barbie references! 

And how we can forget when they did all THIS just for a perfume ad !

https://youtu.be/JuB3diykmFs

Anyways I need them to work again for JNK1, the usual YG team can back off ! 

Jennie Kim Jentle Home GIF - Jennie Kim Jentle Home - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

A couple of them also have to do silly things like finish middle school.  But yeah, they had that Japan promo last month and have been doing a bunch of military events and had time to squeeze in their own stadium tour. :eddie:

That they haven't leveled up their notoriety beyond what they had coming out of that TV show is kinda disappointing, but sorta expected considering the material they've been using.  Could really use a hit song, or even one of the kids doing a hit webdrama for the breakthrough.

This is the difference with MBC deciding to have a casting call and their outreach that goes beyond Seoul, leading to 80,000 applications showing up.  And if you look at the really young members, there are two types-- those who would have never auditioned at an agency in Seoul, but felt okay going to their local regional TV offices, and then there were those who were in the middle of a middle school career crisis!

This is why making the right choices is very important. Im sure  that at least the main vocal/ center, the mini Jennie and the main dancer, (who are born after 2007 :deadbanana4:) could have been cast in bigger agencies. Now they are stuck in a 7 years contract... 

Hear Me Out has been stuck in my head for DAYS. The chorus is too catchy, I fear :jonny5:

• Like 2

Ok I'm switching

Kiss Of Life's song is hitting rn :jonny5:

The fact that all girls are at least 18 :clap3: We need to support almost adult women in kpop :clap3:

Jennie Kim Jentle Home GIF - Jennie Kim Jentle Home - Discover & Share GIFs

did fifty fifty jump the gun with the lawsuit bc they've completely killed their momentum now and it's not like they'll be getting another hit

also i thought their barbie song was cancelled??

Edited by K$Ellie

Happy (Belated) 10th Birthday to this bop :jonny4: 

EH EH-EH EHHH

G-G-GO-GOING CRAZY

IT'S 4MINUTE :katie2:

Z6Xajtg.gif

22 minutes ago, Flomik said:

The fact that all girls are at least 18 :clap3: We need to support almost adult women in kpop :clap3:

Natty proving you better start really young so that you can keep getting opportunities before they say you're too old!

10 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

did fifty fifty jump the gun with the lawsuit bc they've completely killed their momentum now and it's not like they'll be getting another hit

also i thought their barbie song was cancelled??

The song is done.  As for momentum, if they're using this downtime to hone their English skills, it'll be time well spent!

11 minutes ago, FACT said:

4th gen prettiest main vocalist :superman: :rip:

too bad she doesn't match the rest of the girl vibe

11 minutes ago, FACT said:

Atp they’re no way Hybe is letting her go! Like she’s the best singer of the show :clap3:! Her and Chanelle would make the perfect duo of main and lead vocalist! 
Let’s all votes for singers and let’s kick the minors :fan:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FACT said:

She’s still going to need a vocal coach :giraffe:

Surprised to only see males in this list?  The fact that half of the SKZ members are in the top 5 :clap3:Lee Know would've been higher if his name wasn't divided between Lee Know, Lino, Minho, hence why I hate when people don't use his, Han and I.N's stage names. The fact that none of the SKZ members are  even active on TikTok unlike groups like TXT etc. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

the yg building was about to collapse and crumble, they had ONE chance and took it :jonny4:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Atp they’re no way Hybe is letting her go! Like she’s the best singer of the show :clap3:! Her and Chanelle would make the perfect duo of main and lead vocalist! 
Let’s all votes for singers and let’s kick the minors :fan:

if hybe wants the group to flop then they will do that