• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

'I Am WHO' is one of the most special SKZ albums to me, there's probably 1 or 2 albums I like more. 

Anyway :heart:

I love them all, not only My Pace :chick3:

55 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

Kwon Eunbi's ''Underwater'' charting again following her appearance at Waterbomb.

Stream Underwater

:giraffe:

Her fancam at Waterbomb reached nearly 3 million views already

She is set to appear on SBS The Show tomorrow !!!

:lakitu:

The power of a nice rack 🤭

SNSD make headlines again for being relevant and having solo members all successful in various fields across the entertainment Industry💗

Treanding on Daum with netizens praising Girl’s Generation achievements this year alone. Including Yuri having a Viral Disney+ Series and sold out Asian Fanmeet tour. Sooyoung MC HYBE Girl Group Show and another JTBC tv series. Tiffany booked a Korean Drama that is filming this month. Seohyun is booked for a Movie and another Netflix Contract. Hyo just finished a DJ festival Run. 😊 and the obvious fact that YoonA is having one of the biggest K-drama’s of the decade. And Taeyeon Selling out concerts without a new album or single.  But ATRL told me only Taeyeon & YoonA were the only relevant ones in 2023🤭

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Am I the only one that feels JYP and SM music has gotten a lot more noisy and messy over the years? Not every release of course but a lot of songs now try to be IGAB on steroids 

SM music has always been noisy and EDM experimental based (except for SNSD) - Mirotic, Sorry Sorry, Ring Ding Dong, f(x)'s entire career etc. JYP, on the other hand, seems to be chasing SM's sound in recent years for unknown reasons :deadbanana:

• Like 1

SKZ just surpassed The Boyz and are now officially the 2nd biggest 4th gen bg in Korea or Melon at least even if the bar is in hell

Well at least they are doing good globally and are only behind BTS for bgs :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

Listening to The Bible tonight..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sept said:

SM music has always been noisy and EDM experimental based (except for SNSD) - Mirotic, Sorry Sorry, Ring Ding Dong, f(x)'s entire career etc. JYP, on the other hand, seems to be chasing SM's sound in recent years for unknown reasons :deadbanana:

Ummm they have several loud and experimental sounds that include EDM. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

Listening to The Bible tonight..

As you should

6 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Ummm they have several loud and experimental sounds that include EDM. 

They got famous with cookie cutter pop tunes, they only experimented with more SM-experimental sounds later in their career; which is very different from f(x), RV and aespa's musical direction

• Like 1

I never noticed but she lowkey looks like Jinni. Even in the MV I was like wait a sec..

46 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SNSD make headlines again for being relevant and having solo members all successful in various fields across the entertainment Industry💗

Treanding on Daum with netizens praising Girl’s Generation achievements this year alone. Including Yuri having a Viral Disney+ Series and sold out Asian Fanmeet tour. Sooyoung MC HYBE Girl Group Show and another JTBC tv series. Tiffany booked a Korean Drama that is filming this month. Seohyun is booked for a Movie and another Netflix Contract. Hyo just finished a DJ festival Run. 😊 and the obvious fact that YoonA is having one of the biggest K-drama’s of the decade. And Taeyeon Selling out concerts without a new album or single.  But ATRL told me only Taeyeon & YoonA were the only relevant ones in 2023🤭

And what is Sunny doing

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

are you even an SKZ stan at this point?

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

And what is Sunny doing

Feeding her cat and watching Netflix from her Han river-facing apartment

spacer.png

• Like 1

Sunny is nepotism done right idc :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 3

On a serious note, just very recently Sunny shared her feelings on Bubble

• Like 5

I know ppl were dragging Jyp artist just a few pages ago for the quality but I srsly love this video :WAP: Now release it on Spotify fatties.

22 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

And what is Sunny doing

She a Nepo baby. Binge watching Netflix in her Million Dollar apartment with her cat😃 She set for life and don’t have to deal with Kpop fans online. I say it’s a win win

Did someone really just say The Boys is loud and Experimental?:deadbanana4:

29 minutes ago, Sept said:

They got famous with cookie cutter pop tunes, they only experimented with more SM-experimental sounds later in their career; which is very different from f(x), RV and aespa's musical direction

I'd make the argument that fx, RV, and Aespa were able to do those things because of SNSD. If it wasn't for their cookie cutter tunes - which is a terrible description for very-well engineered pop, btw - SM wouldn't have had much footing to experiment with the other groups.

Also, IGAB was an absolute collapse. There really was no reason they had to shift the trajectory of Kpop with that single. They could have easily just continued with their previous sound. Next Level would not exist without IGAB, for instance. 

• Like 3

The NMIXX new song Rollercoaster is growing on me. Already played it 3 times this morning.

There must be something in the water. 

2 minutes ago, elevate said:

I'd make the argument that fx, RV, and Aespa were able to do those things because of SNSD. If it wasn't for their cookie cutter tunes - which is a terrible description for very-well engineered pop, btw - SM wouldn't have had much footing to experiment with the other groups.

Also, IGAB was an absolute collapse. There really was no reason they had to shift the trajectory of Kpop with that single. They could have easily just continued with their previous sound. Next Level would not exist without IGAB, for instance. 

I didn’t call it particularly experimental but the song is loud, much like every song from that gen.

Sunny gonna have a show on Netflix with Hyo actually. Don't know the release date but they released an OST for it :giraffe:

47 minutes ago, Sept said:

SNSD's debut song is a subversive masterpiece that became the theme song of progressive movements for a decade. SNSD's second song ever released was a cover of a song that sounds nothing like idol music. Their global breakout hit(Gee) is one of the most musically progressive songs to ever come out of kpop with its insanely layered production that pulls influence from the r&b, pop, AND dance trends at the time to create something that sounded like it belonged to none of them. The reliance on nonsensical lyrics and percussive vocal delivery, while not as new as the completely out of left field production, became an enormous trend and key piece of kpop's success outside of Korea, Japan, and China, de-emphasizing the actual lyrics in favor of treating the idols like another instrument to layer into the song. Then we got Genie which was pretty safe and trend following but also the best k=pop song of all time imo so that's okay. Then on their first album they went so far into synth-pop that the samples on the TT sounded like they could have come from a GameBoy and they coupled it with a wild shift in image for the repack. They then followed that up with a very unique blend of guitars and blaring, siren-like synths in Hoot. 

Going to stop here because once they debuted in Japan the lid was fully off on noisy, experimental music and because this post is already really long but claiming SNSD wasn't extremely dialed in and experimental from day 1 is lunacy. If anything SNSD's inability to settle in on a single sound/image or release plain radio friendly pop directly paved the way for RV and aespa.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1