K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

all these groups releasing multiple MVs, everybody say 'thank you, newjeans'... aespa, boynextdoor, straykids and now itzy. tbh I like this trend, some groups have good bsides. 

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

And that fact kills me everyday. I like some of the new girls and boys but, I'm almost thirty. I want grown up music from grown WOMEN and MEN! it's so upsetting tbh.

Grown up Music:worship:

• Like 2

just watched the first ep of yoona/junho's drama and it's super cute and fun, as expected :heart:

the POWER this couple possesses :jonny6:

12 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

all these groups releasing multiple MVs, everybody say 'thank you, newjeans'... aespa, boynextdoor, straykids and now itzy. tbh I like this trend, some groups have good bsides. 

Stray Kids have ALWAYS released multiple MV’s since their debut :rip: I swear people just be writing anything in here :dies:

she'll break a spotify record held by jennie and nayeon tomorrow :jonny6:

and still top 10 on the k-charts :WAP:

LEGEND!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

More like thank you BLACKPINK

who also started the pre-release trend everyone is doing now

those bots sure are getting quite humanlike! :thing: 

literally only RM was physically there :deadbanana: they're mayhaps coming to end the eras/renaissance tours in 2026 I fear

1 hour ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Why is it that none of my favs can make it past the first few rounds on this damn show! So annoyed, at least he's getting praise for his looks and vocals

I was watching the last 'King of Masked Singer' episode and after Seungmin received a lot of compliments for his vocals he asked to Yoon Sang: "You complimented me a lot, but can you give me an honest evaluation?". And I thought It was very humble of him not being afraid of, maybe, receiving criticism in front of National TV If It would help him to improve. 

55 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

olivia's sons are losing it

(g)I-DLE YUQI features on this single.

This wouldn’t be the first time ITZY film various MVs from 1 album. They did it for the their full album in 2021.

Although they shot the Twenty MV the following year for a Fanmeeting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

ITZY is giving aespa. Even Yuna looks like Karina in the teaser :fan2:

Well, they’re on a mission the end aespa 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuneMon said:

NewJeans weren't the first though

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Both underrated in their discography :jamming:

I honestly love Forever, the bridge is perfect :jonny5:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

Both underrated in their discography :jamming:

ICONIC? Underrated?! I thought it was one of the fan-favorites :rip:

I'd argue that I'll Make You Cry is more underrated tbh

1 hour ago, ItsJustMe. said:

just watched the first ep of yoona/junho's drama and it's super cute and fun, as expected :heart:

the POWER this couple possesses :jonny6:

IKR :clap3:

Jennie has no respect whatsoever for her fans it's pathetic.

But in some way, they kinda deserve it for gassing her mediocrity all these years. :ahh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

More like thank you BLACKPINK

who also started the pre-release trend everyone is doing now

?? Big Bang and SNSD been doing this 

Other groups of course have done it in the mid-2000’s too. But it really got popular with Big bang, Winner and BP. So that’s true, but Party was one of the most successful Pre-relapsed singles in Korea Domestically. It started a fashion trend in Highschool in 2015. And it’s one of the most played songs on Korean radio stations during the summer seasons every year in Seoul & Hongdae still to this day❤️

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

25 minutes ago, playboi said:

But in some way, they kinda deserve it for gassing her mediocrity all these years. :ahh:

Why!?

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

I was watching the last 'King of Masked Singer' episode and after Seungmin received a lot of compliments for his vocals he asked to Yoon Sang: "You complimented me a lot, but can you give me an honest evaluation?". And I thought It was very humble of him not being afraid of, maybe, receiving criticism in front of National TV If It would help him to improve. 

He's braver than I am for saying that about the honest evaluation part. 

• Like 1

Just now, CandyCoatedClouds said:

He's braver than I am for saying that about the honest evaluation part. 

The audio on that show does get edited more than a Jimin encore stage.

The evaluation parts are politely real, though.

:cm:

40 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

?? Big Bang and SNSD been doing this 

Other groups of course have done it in the mid-2000’s too. But it really got popular with Big bang, Winner and BP. So that’s true, but Party was one of the most successful Pre-relapsed singles in Korea Domestically. It started a fashion trend in Highschool in 2015. And it’s one of the most played songs on Korean radio stations during the summer seasons every year in Seoul & Hongdae still to this day❤️

I never said BP was the first, but we’re not gonna be delusional to the fact that they made it a thing to do

no one was doing pre-releases or anything like that until they did it with THE ALBUM where they had 3 songs and 3 MVs

their 2 debut singles both had 2 MVs each

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Why!?

I’m guessing that person is alluding to Jennie at Bruno Mars concert, but that makes no sense because she clearly was feeling better because she did both recent shows in Sydney after missing one in Melbourne

not sure how that equates her her not having respect for the fans

53 minutes ago, playboi said:

Someone’s pressed.

6 minutes ago, Mel. said:

I never said BP was the first, but we’re not gonna be delusional to the fact that they made it a thing to do

no one was doing pre-releases or anything like that until they did it with THE ALBUM where they had 3 songs and 3 MVs

their 2 debut singles both had 2 MVs each

I mean EXO exist… and they had dozens of boy group clones try to do that in 2012 with what is love and history. And they were arguably just as big as/ had a following like BP. but I get what you mean 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9