K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Sept said:

This is what we call real STAGE PRESENCE 

Imagine just showing up out of nowhere and owning a street performance like that :clap3: 

She has such a care free spirit and big stage presence at the same time, her contract ends in a few days, I wonder what way she ll go next 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Looks like the media agrees as well :clap3:

Fy3pR3LaAAENTaK?format=jpg&name=large

Don't worry SISTAR, ITZY will make y'all proud, ITZY the new official summer supremes 

giphy.gif

Smell like a mediaplay paid by JYP.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

Iconic performance I’m afraid :jonny3:

I remember people being so hyped for this performance only to be so disappointed when they finally performed it in music shows. Blinks were blaming the choreography and harassing Kiel Tutin on the internet only for him to later post a story on ig saying that he wasn't involved in at all.

It's almost always the members that are the problem for why their performances are mostly bad on stage now, the choreography won't change that. I don't know why blinks expected them be good on stage even in 2020.

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

Smell like a mediaplay paid by JYP.

I feel like almost all articles on idols especially the ones praising them for the little things like airport fashion and stuff have some mediaplay behind them. Of course it gives these sites a lot of clicks but I do think the companies push them too.

7 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Speaking of God's Menu, this cultural reset just had it's 3 year anniversary :ghostface:

Woojin had just left, everyone was dragging them and calling them "the biggest flop in Big 3 history", even ATEEZ were bigger than them at that point, TXT were getting to comfortable and thought they were going to run the 4th gen bg landscape, JYP had already started counting the days for the contract extermination for these company free loaders, Felix had ran out of testosterone shots and had only 1 left to make his voice extra deep,

THEY HAD ONE CHANCE

YOUTUBE:

- The song has 405M views, which makes it the 3rd most viewed viewed 4th gen song of all time and #1 for 4th gen bgs. 

- It's also the most liked 4th gen MV of all time with 7,2M likes

SPOTIFY:

- The song has 269M streams, which makes it the most streamed 4th gen bg song, and one of the most streamed 4th gen songs of all time

The way this song impacted the whole 4th gen bg landscape and made every company ask producers to make a song like Gods Menu :ghostface: 

The way every bg Survival Show always sets up their contestants by making them perform this song :dies: Truly the biggest 4th gen bg song and one of the most iconic bg songs of all time :clap3:It truly set them on the map from being a mid tier group to now being one of the biggest Kpop acts :clap3:

6 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

3 years ago today I got into them 

Just needed to watch God's Menu MV once in the day of release and I was sold

The way Go Live and God's Menu truly change their fate and career for better :weeps:

Imagine if they released Super Bowl (OG Version) instead of the GM we knew.

• Like 1

Noooo, we live in the multiverse where there is really CUBE stans.

I hate it here.

1 hour ago, discreetinside said:

The way Go Live and God's Menu truly change their fate and career for better :weeps:

Imagine if they released Super Bowl (OG Version) instead of the GM we knew.

I think Super Bowl has a lot of potential. But maybe It would be MIROH level at best. God's Menu was the right choice to be a game changer. 

everyone freaking out that Kai attended the Bruno Mars concert even though he's in the military 

it's like they think they're sent away for a year and a half and kept in prison or something

gaywow.gif

What Pluto mentioned about producers spilling they are asked by K-pop companies to make songs like God's Menu is true. One example is Jun Lee (Joony Music) saying he gets these requests a lot. 

He's worked on K-pop Industry for years and has produced songs for Super Junior, Monsta X, SF9, Block B etc...

On 6/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Someone compiled all the Positive netizen reception of Giselle’s Live Vocals today:laugh: The timing is perfect. :bibliahh: She got her lick back

We love k-pop’s IT girl.

• Like 1

Boy group Production Golden Age:jonnycat:

Even the Noise was Peak

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

What Pluto mentioned about producers spilling they are asked by K-pop companies to make songs like God's Menu is true. One example is Jun Lee (Joony Music) saying he gets these requests a lot. 

He's worked on K-pop Industry for years and has produced songs for Super Junior, Monsta X, SF9, Block B etc...

I guess not Monsta X since the last song he worked with them was Thriller, although I have to thank him for giving us Hyungwon and Shownu high notes.

Can't wait for Monsta X 19 this summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I guess not Monsta X since the last song he worked with them was Thriller, although I have to thank him for giving us Hyungwon and Shownu high notes.

Oh, I mentioned these groups not because I think their agency requested God's Menu type of music for them. Maybe my post was ambiguous. 

It was just to present some names he worked with through the years. The groups I mentioned have built their own music identity even before SKZ debuted.

I suppose It was for rookies. 

16 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Oh, I mentioned these groups not because I think their agency requested God's Menu type of music for them. Maybe my post was ambiguous. 

It was just to present some names he worked with through the years. The groups I mentioned have built their own music identity even before SKZ debuted.

I suppose It was for rookies. 

I just wanted to post a Monsta X song :ninja:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"itzy summer queens"

yall said this about brave girls, oh my girl, and the group that released umpah umpah

STOP THE CAP

i need another icy/wannabe/Not Shy fom ITZY.

not mafia

not sneakers

not cheshire

until that happens, they will be called summer terrorists 

• Like 1

we're already halfway June yet there's still no confirmation of NewJeans supposed early July comeback :celestial5: are they even coming back on July??:celestial5: when I catch you MinHeeJin:duca:

4 minutes ago, jeanie said:

we're already halfway June yet there's still no confirmation of NewJeans supposed early July comeback :celestial5: are they even coming back on July??:celestial5: when I catch you MinHeeJin:duca:

I remember an article saying when Ditto came out and NJ will be a group with only spans of 4 months between comebacks guess they were only talking about Ditto :monkey:

13 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

And I will keep disliking your posts even more if it's always dumb imaginary vendetta 

Exactly. An obsession

but do what you have to do loll

15 hours ago, motherpills said:

trust me nobody is obsessed with you

You’re proving my point replying lol

I don’t even know who you are, I don’t remember ever interacting with you, so ur one of those ******* hiding in the bushes and clearly you felt hit by me saying l someone is obsessed with me, so I guess it applies to you too lmaoo :cm:

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

Same :jonnycat: 

They just came back from Jeju and I bet it was filming for MV.

Hyungwon kinda crazy for posting this on insta stories

It'll be summery and HOT for sure

5 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Where the hell is WJSN... :monkey: 

Their karina is currently queezzling.

:cm:

• Haha 1

Just now, harrythevifan said:

Their karina is currently queezzling.

:cm:

Oh wait I forgot about that... :dies: