K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

4 hours ago, elevate said:

They need to give Minho more lines and shove him in the front since he's one of their best dancers. 

For a minute, I thought you meant Shinee's Minho.

• Haha 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

YG being dumb af as usual :rip: 

2 days on every damn city since day 1 of the tour like that could've just been 1 night stadium date :toofunny2:

idk if yg underestimated the pinks or they're truly just so incompetent

2 days in an arena usually is about 24,000 tickets sold, most stadiums usually have about 40,000 seats for concerts. There's a big difference and it's likely a lot more expensive to rent a stadium and setup the stage in it than In arenas which are usually made with hosting concerts and events in mind.

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

the problem with them is they fly back home to korea or whatever country they have an event to after every concert :rip:

they should just stay in australia until next week

They only did this for the Asia leg of their tour as they had concerts only in the weekends or Friday. They can sell a lot more tickets than on weekdays. It's probably better to go back to Korea after each concert than staying in a different country each week. Other than the middle eastern stops, all the asian stops take less than 6 hours to travel from Seoul.

3 hours ago, BTS said:

All this possible irreversible damage to Blackpink’s health will be worth it for blinks & YG when they finally beat BTS’ touring record? … Right? :celestial5:

They won't beat the attendance record with the concerts announced till now. They would be short by around 200,000. They could tour some cities in Japan or South America to beat the 1.9 million number. 

If it's the tour gross they likely already crossed the Kpop tour gross record last month.

Edited by Get

2 hours ago, Adama said:

You never thought that it might be part of their contracts :ace:?  

Brands have countless ambassadors and some of them don’t go every fashion events. So yeah I don’t think Jisoo going to Haut Couture event for example was mandatory. 
Like let’s serious 

17 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Brands have countless ambassadors and some of them don’t go every fashion events. So yeah I don’t think Jisoo going to Haut Couture event for example was mandatory. 
Like let’s serious 

Kristen Stewart was at most Chanel shows from RTW, to HC in Paris, to the Cruise collection in LA and to the métiers des arts show  in Japan. And she’s also busy. So it definitely bc of her contract. 

And Jisoo was already in Paris for the Pieces jaunes event, so she did not travelled just for the Dior HC show :ace:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Get said:

For a minute, I thought you meant Shinee's Minho.

Fun fact: 

That’s exactly why Lee Know went with a stage name instead of his real name due to SHINee’s Minho :dies:

EXO's album being called EXIST is kinda a gag because by the time it comes out they probably won't EXIST anymore

michael-jackson.gif

2 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Wait so this album was recorded before all the mess? It will be with all members?

Yes, the album was first teased late last year, with articles stating that all 9 members would be involved. The recording process was done before Kai enlisted, and he was able to film the MV for the b-side (which was filmed before the title track. Kai will not be in the MV for the title track though). Lay will either be CGI-ed in again or only on the b-sides. 

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

i'm still gagged

FyW2FdaacAAWMFe?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Why is ae-Karina here?

35 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

well, this was stupid

michael-jackson.gif

The MV was indeed kinda boring, like the fact that we didn’t see any of the members actually lip-syncing in the MV makes it feel empty

janet-jackson.gif

24 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Lay will either be CGI-ed in again

kii, just kick him out already, he aint worth the trouble 

michael-jackson.gif

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The MV was indeed kinda boring, like the fact that we didn’t see any of the members actually lip-syncing in the MV makes it feel empty

janet-jackson.gif

lot of weird closeups of I.N

michael-jackson.gif

6 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

kii, just kick him out already, he aint worth the trouble 

michael-jackson.gif

He’s the bridge between SM and China. He’s a very wealthy and important figure there. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, JonginBey said:

He’s the bridge between SM and China. He’s a very wealthy and important figure there. 

spacer.png

keep it

michael-jackson.gif

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

keep him in the group

michael-jackson.gif

Agreed!

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

lot of weird closeups of I.N

michael-jackson.gif

I.N main character era! 

so BoyNextDoor Jaehyun speaks English just fine but completely botches the pronunciation of "snatched" in One & Only

was it an artistic choice? fix it Jesus

michael-jackson.gif

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

I.N main character era! 

they're showcasing the underrated members :clap3:

I wish they gave Seungmin a better song to be the main character of

michael-jackson.gif

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

they're showcasing the underrated members :clap3:

I wish they gave Seungmin a better song to be the main character of

michael-jackson.gif

Well at least Seungmin was the most pushed member in their title track!  I.N was also the most pushed in The Sound! So we are at least getting somewhere!

Edited by Pluto2022

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Well at least Seungmin was the most pushed member in their title track!

that's why I wanted a better song

michael-jackson.gif

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

that's why I wanted a better song

michael-jackson.gif

The rap line payola needs to stop, we need the vocal line to be the main characters from now on! 

meryl-arquette.gif

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The rap line payola needs to stop, we need the vocal line to be the main characters from now on! 

meryl-arquette.gif

spacer.png

• Like 1