K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The fact that Welcome to MY World release gave this thread it's 3rd most popular day when it was really just some random bside, yeah tomorrow is gonna be hell on here :toofunny3:

Congrats for the 1.8M preorders btw, can already tell it'll be my album of the summer (and their career-best) based off the snippets :clap3:

Edited by Billionaire

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

The fact that Welcome to MY World release gave this thread it's 3rd most popular day when it was really just some random bside, yeah tomorrow is gonna be hell on here :toofunny3:

lets not get too crazy, that day was also heavy on MET Gala and Le Sserafim comeback discussion

kermit.gif

10 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The way it made me cackle that official Blink chart accounts are sighing in relief :ahh: 

They’re so childish! Anyways ae1 is coming to get 2.2M pre orders 

I finished watching The Glory and am in a drama slump. Can someone recommend me a bingeable k-drama?

3 minutes ago, New Edition said:

I finished watching The Glory and am in a drama slump. Can someone recommend me a bingeable k-drama?

Crash Course in Romance is cute

13 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The way it made me cackle that official Blink chart accounts are sighing in relief :ahh: 

BYE.

its a stats/chart account. They and every fandom does it. It was okay when stat and chart accounts were posting groups that overtook BP, but I guess that’s fine…

this is the hypocrisy I was taking about how y’all treat BP and Blinks differently then everyone else. Everything they/we do yall find issues with, but it’s totally acceptable when the roles are reversed

and no one is relieved.

anyone with common sense knew adspa wasn’t overtaking BP.

Can someone pls explain to me, and I mean this with zero genuine incredulity: why are Aespa's numbers so ridiculously huge? I mean, I get it the 4th gen girlies are obviously sales monsters but Aespa's just on another level.

Are they truly that big in Korea? Or is their fanbase just very quiet but a massive monster? Or is it just a different level of bulkbuying? I'm not really caught up with them in the stan world, perched for Spicy tho!

Anticipate your favs release later and stay out of Blinks business. Thanks loll

Just now, Billionaire said:

Congrats for the 1.8M preorders btw, can already tell it'll be my album of the summer (and their career-best) based off the snippets :clap3:

Right? I can't wait to listen the full HQ songs on streaming and repeat it

ahh miss italics having another "blinks are the victim!" meltdown

kermit.gif

17 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Can someone pls explain to me, and I mean this with zero genuine incredulity: why are Aespa's numbers so ridiculously huge? I mean, I get it the 4th gen girlies are obviously sales monsters but Aespa's just on another level.

Are they truly that big in Korea? Or is their fanbase just very quiet but a massive monster? Or is it just a different level of bulkbuying? I'm not really caught up with them in the stan world, perched for Spicy tho!

They’re selling out stadiums in Japan and are booking US shows, and they have a big base in China. The fanbase is very dedicated and spread out WW.

Just now, MingYouToo said:

I just know whole kpop (and pop girls staning) is about mass buying (and we don't question about Adele and Taylor sales) 

I think a sales breakdown could dispel all doubts but nobody do that 

7 minutes ago, scheibe said:

:clown:

They have to be trolling :bibliahh:

Blinks and Taemin stans fighting on Twitter is so beyond unserious :toofunny2:

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

lets not get too crazy, that day was also heavy on MET Gala and Le Sserafim comeback discussion

kermit.gif

Well it's gonna be no excuses tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

In 9 days :redface:

There's +550k pre orders overall and still 25 days left. I totally see SKZ getting 1.2-1.3M pre orders from China alone. 

They need to outsell Seventeen otherwise they're flops and over

EAJTqOp.gif

31 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

sounds like doodoo

kermit.gif

Changbin produced it so yeah...

kermit.gif

21 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

big Chinese fanbase the biggest for a 4th gen gg, they were the moment in Korea in 2021 with next level being the biggest 4th gen gg song (love dive and hb will surpass tho) and big Japanese fanbase seeing that they are able to do dome tour

25 minutes ago, Mel. said:

BYE.

its a stats/chart account. They and every fandom does it. It was okay when stat and chart accounts were posting groups that overtook BP, but I guess that’s fine…

this is the hypocrisy I was taking about how y’all treat BP and Blinks differently then everyone else. Everything they/we do yall find issues with, but it’s totally acceptable when the roles are reversed

and no one is relieved.

anyone with common sense knew adspa wasn’t overtaking BP.

girl what do you expect. It’s only ever a problem on here when It’s Blinks doing it :toofunny2:

4 minutes ago, xrosup said:

They need to outsell Seventeen otherwise they're flops and over

EAJTqOp.gif

Then you can already consider them flops and over in advance

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Eternium said:

literally every single fanbase does this when their faves records are still safe its not just blinks be fr

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

:WAP: 

Our prayers have been heard. No more pots and pans :jonnycat:

Let’s hope Giselle has a chorus and singing part