K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just now, Fanta said:

@Witnessed ET  how do you feel about the lsrfm comeback?

4 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Yeah the tracklist is a mess. Why would they put the old songs and even the intros from the old minis :rip: sounds so messy. 

also my two cents on Lesserafim comeback. Unforgiven is a bop on its own, but this is a song that should have come later in their career because right now it is too close and too similar to ANTIFRAGILE, with AF being the superior one in every sense. And it’s worth noting that what made AF so loved was the perfect combination of the reggaeton as well as the genius choreo…where Unforgiven doesn’t match up. They should have gone with something still upbeat obviously and performance-worthy but fresh sounding for them this comeback to show some variety. UF sounds like it’s trying to emulate AF both in sound and visuals. I wouldn’t have a problem with it generally but this is supposed to be their most anticipated comeback and their first full album, so it kinda left me wanting more ngl. Especially since their first two minis were fantastic but still somewhat different to each other. 

anyway, I will still bop to Unforgiven, and the Bsides tho, don’t get me wrong. Just pouring my thoughts on what could have been done better. 

and it’s kinda funny that IVE, from whom I had no high expectations, actually delivered a better album and have a perfect streak of title/pre release tracks so far with each one having their own distinct flavor. 

3 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

These will be on repeat for the foreseeable future :WAP:

I expressed my thoughts here :cm:

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Hay Amores said:

yass. So proud of her. Hopefully the queendom project won’t harm her trajectory like it did to Kepler.

Edit :

even better 

Now it’s time to mother Eunbi to have a Melon hit.

:heart: I enjoyed Hush Rush more but this one definitely safer and had a lot of viral potential. I always see the dance cover vids on tiktok. So happy for her.

she kinda ate Hani and friends up:celestial5: I always hated that chorus 

Jennie nooo :noparty: 

I see the vision and she is 101% on theme but :shakeno: should've worn a massive gown or something. 

DANI :duca::duca:

atleast they looked gorgeous and they're both on theme but if they're gonna keep wearing these basic mini dresses they should just stop going to the met I fear :toofunny2:

anyways, sm is going straight to hell. the way there's zero hype for welcome to my world and its out in a few hours :biblio:

17 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

anyways, sm is going straight to hell. the way there's zero hype for welcome to my world and its out in a few hours :biblio:

The craziest part is they’re not shipping U.S. pre-orders until the end of the month and there’s STILL no way to pre-order in the U.S. :skull: If the sales increase at all from Girls, it’ll be massive.

18 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

sm princesses tingz

51 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I expressed my thoughts here :cm:

both songs definitely have very similar vibe and tone to them. i get that they are part of a trilogy but i think they could have differentiated them a little more. but i will also still be bopping anyways. i also really wish they gave sakura kazuha’s rap lines because she delivered her couple lines so well. :jonnycat:

also i know you saw that tiktok of mingyu’s bulge lmao. :WAP:

8 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The craziest part is they’re not shipping U.S. pre-orders until the end of the month and there’s STILL no way to pre-order in the U.S. :skull: If the sales increase at all from Girls, it’ll be massive.

my world will def outsell girls the album already sold 1.5m in a week. i'm not worried about their sales at all cause they always pull through on that department

every other thing though :biblio: why is sm so messy left right and center for this release :mazen:

2 hours ago, scheibe said:

Aw, she's so cute and chill, I wanna be besties :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, New Edition said:

What is happening with SM, Hybe and Kakao?

They’re all being investigated for insider trading.

I think this is their best charting song? Good for 17 for finally having good digitals together with their massive fanbase.

Just 7 hours left 

1 hour ago, Butters said:

she kinda ate Hani and friends up:celestial5: I always hated that chorus 

it’s cute but she nibbled at most, be serious :celestial5:

Burn the bridge would be amazing if not for all the damn talking over it. Can't these girls ever get a NOT spoken word intro? That's all I'm asking for.

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

atleast they looked gorgeous and they're both on theme but if they're gonna keep wearing these basic mini dresses they should just stop going to the met I fear :toofunny2:

Jennie looks stunning :chick2:

Just catching up. Erm Unforgiven is kinda boring :rip:  Nothing is grabbing me. 

it’s Lowkey serving the non kids bop version of this song (aka a bside)

@Witnessed ET  is also right, the track list is so annoying :rip:

The bsides are better already tbh :bird:

34 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Just 7 hours left 

Will it give TAIL by sunmi potentially?

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

yeah, they suck. hopefully the track videos this week will make up for at least some of the terrible rollout so far. :monkey:

1 hour ago, dangerlady said:

I think this is their best charting song? Good for 17 for finally having good digitals together with their massive fanbase.

It’s not “finally” though. They’ve mostly always done well in digitals. But this one seems to be doing really well, especially in comparison to the bgs nowadays. Let’s see if it serves longevity.