• ATRL Moderator

this reminds me of what happened the week when margaret thatcher died :-x

:ahh: 

Theresa just can't breathe right now 

I don't appreciate my Queen Andrea Leadsom being in the video though

5FyPLeA.gif

She's still gonna win on June 8th so she kinda still wins

5FyPLeA.gif

I kinda find it funny. All these Twitter polls, Facebook posts, Youtube videos are so Left wing that they make you think that the Tories are doing so badly :rip: It's just astonishing to see the differences in age groups.

What a kii

9 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

I kinda find it funny. All these Twitter polls, Facebook posts, Youtube videos are so Left wing that they make you think that the Tories are doing so badly :rip: It's just astonishing to see the differences in age groups.

Exactly. Politics is very generational right now. As the wave of millennials turns 18 and becomes able to vote it's so obvious that the West is heading for a much more liberal future in the next 20 years. We just need to wait for the older generations to die.

9 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

This is the problem on social media - it's just an echo chamber of likeminded liberal young people who are surrounded by people and content shared that give the impression that their beliefs are commonly held ones. Which not only gives a false sense of security, it discourages swathes of young people from bothering to vote. Then the election happens and the older generations (largely absent/inactive on social media) turn up to vote, completely outnumbering the seeming majority of liberalism. That then results in further disengagement of young people because their world of liberalism feels so disconnected from the real world, so why would they bother being politically active?

Dodgy. 

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

Exactly. Politics is very generational right now. As the wave of millennials turns 18 and becomes able to vote it's so obvious that the West is heading for a much more liberal future in the next 20 years. We just need to wait for the older generations to die.

It really is the, you only talk to people and read materials that you agree with. 

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

People become more conservative as they get older. These trends have existed for decades

i just bought it, it's going to smash, the pop girls only wish

Edited by holdongomez

Just now, geo said:

People become more conservative as they get older. These trends have existed for decades

I know there is evidence of that but not even close to this extent.

The internet and access to technology has made our generation far more different to our parents than has ever been observed before.

2 minutes ago, geo said:

That makes sense once 'liberal' positions become conservative ones, but the right is actually getting even more right-wing, and it's the same with the left.

Don't see how someone could go from being a fervent Jeremy supporter to a Tresemee fan.

I'm screaming, I love British humour :ahh:

3 minutes ago, geo said:

I was a flaming SJW back in 2008, but as I grew older, and nearing 30... I'm hella conservative now :skull:

giphy.gif

Just now, Green said:

It reminds me when Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead went #2 because Margaret Tatcher died :skull: 

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/20130414/7501/

So iconic, just a shame it didn't go number one.

Queen A*M*E blocked her though, so I can live with it.

Just now, ABEL-o-matic said:

I was a flaming SJW back in 2008, but as I grew older, and nearing 30... I'm hella conservative now :skull:

giphy.gif

That's not normal.

And it's nothing to brag about.

tEaoq8t.thumb.png.942e48925c42c426ae35c6

4 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

That makes sense once 'liberal' positions become conservative ones, but the right is actually getting even more right-wing, and it's the same with the left.

Don't see how someone could go from being a fervent Jeremy supporter to a Tresemee fan.

I think it's just human nature that as you get older, you get more accustomed to and protective of the status quo, and also a bit nostalgic for the way things used to be. Plus you have more money when you're older, so you're more interested in lower taxes which conservative parties offer.

Young people always have a rapid desire for radical change and revolution. It dies out.

Some social issues like equal and civil rights are of course only moving in one direction. But the economic debate and culture war will always stay the same

Edited by geo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.