Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

2 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I doubt it. As a seasoned Jackson fan, they definitely give a "show must go on" tea. Especially judging by the immediate aftermath of MJ's passing.

If anything, I would see a rescheduling of a few of the slower-selling dates. Particularly if the funeral (can't believe I'm even typing this about Tito :weeps:) is in the coming weeks.

I can't see it. She's due to be in Paris in 9 days, she's not going to miss her brother's funeral for a tour.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I can't see it. She's due to be in Paris in 9 days, she's not going to miss her brother's funeral for a tour.

They are a showbiz family (and a big showbiz family at that), so as bizarre as it would seem to a "normal" family setup for "work" to be factor in scheduling family events, I think they would "get" it. There's so much on the line from money, contracts, relationships etc that it must absolutely be the norm for ish like that to weigh in on things. 

I'd sooner see Janet jetting back quickly in between one of the upcoming dates. Or, horrible as it sounds, being fine with a slower selling date being "rescheduled" in light of recent events. No one can light her up for it. 

1 minute ago, Cbreezy said:

They are a showbiz family (and a big showbiz family at that), so as bizarre as it would seem to a "normal" family setup for "work" to be factor in scheduling family events, I think they would "get" it. There's so much on the line from money, contracts, relationships etc that it must absolutely be the norm for ish like that to weigh in on things. 

I'd sooner see Janet jetting back quickly in between one of the upcoming dates. Or, horrible as it sounds, being fine with a slower selling date being "rescheduled" in light of recent events. No one can light her up for it. 

Janet has a long history of cancelling European tours for less justifiable reasons than this (9/11, anyone?) so I wouldn't be surprised nor could anyone really blame her for it.

6 hours ago, °ColdFire° said:

Are we to expect some rescheduling or cancellations? 

I wouldn't be surprised if she postponed until 2025. And, as per usual, people will b*tch and moan, as if she's sat there doing it because she doesn't want to do them.

34 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Janet has a long history of cancelling European tours for less justifiable reasons than this (9/11, anyone?) so I wouldn't be surprised nor could anyone really blame her for it.

I can see you're a fan, so I doubt you're being shady. But I legit don't think this situation calls for her past touring faux pas to be called into question. 

Also, as you're a fan, I'm sure you'll note that in fecent years outside of the "planning a family" blessing fiasco lol, Janet's issue with UK/Europe is that she simply hasn't scheduled anything in the region in years. There were murmurs that Glasto was supposed to be the springboard for UK/Euro dates but we all know how that went.

I say that to say, I don't think holding her previous cancellations against her is totally fair when she has literally been on point and restored her touring reliability in totality post-baby.

Janet is smart, Janet is a professional and Janet knows she cannot cancel or reschedule shows that are slow selling to begin with. This is very much her last shot at touring EU/UK and she has been promoting a lot compared to the US. This is a terrible loss but she I cannot see her cancelling dates.

I think there's enough window to attend the funeral and continue with the tour... I hope so because I see her in Paris...hipothetically :toofunny3:

17 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I can see you're a fan, so I doubt you're being shady. But I legit don't think this situation calls for her past touring faux pas to be called into question. 

Also, as you're a fan, I'm sure you'll note that in fecent years outside of the "planning a family" blessing fiasco lol, Janet's issue with UK/Europe is that she simply hasn't scheduled anything in the region in years. There were murmurs that Glasto was supposed to be the springboard for UK/Euro dates but we all know how that went.

I say that to say, I don't think holding her previous cancellations against her is totally fair when she has literally been on point and restored her touring reliability in totality post-baby.

It's like she didn't care with that Glasto show, all black outfit in the hottest day in the UK and just a ignorance of what please the UK/European fans. I always hate to see icon like her failed to prove themselves worthy in a new crowd, same with the shows for RNB Friday in Auss.

17 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Janet is smart, Janet is a professional and Janet knows she cannot cancel or reschedule shows that are slow selling to begin with. This is very much her last shot at touring EU/UK and she has been promoting a lot compared to the US. This is a terrible loss but she I cannot see her cancelling dates.

I think overall the whole European dates sold very well. The only dates I think she struggles with are Manchester (She will sellout the AO arena with the current pace) and Glasgow, but I think it will still be profitable as the price is very high in the UK. I have been to shows with only lower tiers and half the arena open, and they still went with it. She will at least be performing to a full floor + lower tier arena, I doubt they will lose money unless Janet is asking stupid money (I doubt European organiser will give her absence money for shows.) 

• Like 3

Janet has cancelled her headlining festival gig in South Africa for obvious reasons. The organisers have sent out a press release confirming it, they did mention Janet's management is planning to come back next year, so I see the European dates possibly being postponed or rescheduled if she cancelled her South African festival show but plans to come back in 2025.

• Like 1

As a long time Janet fan, I would be very disappointed that she not doing it this time cause last time she cancels, I waited 8 years….But yes, rest in peace Tito and condolences to Janet and the family.

6 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

As a long time Janet fan, I would be very disappointed that she not doing it this time cause last time she cancels, I waited 8 years….But yes, rest in peace Tito and condolences to Janet and the family.

I am confident that the shows in Europe will go as planned. 

Canceling would be disappointing and no one is debating that. I will be flying to the UK in a few days and hope all of the shows go as planned. But nowhere was canceling being brought up except here constantly out of anxiety and her track record. Which is also understood after AFY Tour, Unbreakable Tour and being missing from Europe for years. 

As a person who has also lost a sibling unexpectedly, right now, all I can do is hope that Janet and her family pull through. 

It's only been three days since Tito passed and Johannesburg was supposed to be in another three days. I don't think that would be enough time to be with family and then perform. Perhaps the services will happen this weekend and she'll muscle up enough energy to go through with flying over to Europe.

I hope she will feel the love from the fans on the continent after being away for so long. She had to do this as well back in 2018 at Essence, just days after her father's funeral.

But let's just put ourselves in her shoes as a human and not an entertainer for a minute and wish her well. 

Edited by kishi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kishi said:

I am confident that the shows in Europe will go as planned. 

Canceling would be disappointing and no one is debating that. I will be flying to the UK in a few days and hope all of the shows go as planned. But nowhere was canceling being brought up except here constantly out of anxiety and her track record. Which is also understood after AFY Tour, Unbreakable Tour and being missing from Europe for years. 

As a person who has also lost a sibling unexpectedly, right now, all I can do is hope that Janet and her family pull through. 

It's only been three days since Tito passed and Johannesburg was supposed to be in another three days. I don't think that would be enough time to be with family and then perform. Perhaps the services will happen this weekend and she'll muscle up enough energy to go through with flying over to Europe.

I hope she will feel the love from the fans on the continent after being away for so long. She had to do this as well back in 2018 at Essence, just days after her father's funeral.

But let's just put ourselves in her shoes as a human and not an entertainer for a minute and wish her well. 

I remembered Janet gave a speech about the strength of her family and they will always put a show on, I hope she can mourn her brother this week and pull together and fill the love from her European fans, it's been too long for both sides.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.