Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, campelo said:

I saw this time through Ticketmaster, not eventim. I am mentioned only the blue dots that are available to sell :confused:

Its the same for both. What I meant, blues are available, but TONS of grey are also available (will be available) but they did not let them to be sold. Grey ones doesnt mean that are sold out.

2 minutes ago, MilanY said:

Its the same for both. What I meant, blues are available, but TONS of grey are also available (will be available) but they did not let them to be sold. Grey ones doesnt mean that are sold out.

but that's what I meant, I am saying the blue dots is almost sold out :thing:

The Boston date has a lot of blue unsold seats atm and the show is 4 days away. Doesn't even look like 50% sold but who knows, maybe majority of the people will buy tickets on show day like most of the slow selling dates on this leg. If not, then maybe this date will be the lowest grossing show out of the tour. Doubt she'd cancel it though as that would not be a good look. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/janet-jackson-together-again-boston-massachusetts-06-28-2024/event/01006028E32B47D0

5 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

The Boston date has a lot of blue unsold seats atm and the show is 4 days away. Doesn't even look like 50% sold but who knows, maybe majority of the people will buy tickets on show day like most of the slow selling dates on this leg. If not, then maybe this date will be the lowest grossing show out of the tour. Doubt she'd cancel it though as that would not be a good look. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/janet-jackson-together-again-boston-massachusetts-06-28-2024/event/01006028E32B47D0

It's more than 50% sold alright, they can either close some sections. It will be those dates with 10k tickets sold and grossing only 600K….

6 hours ago, campelo said:

but that's what I meant, I am saying the blue dots is almost sold out :thing:

She will need some promos for the European leg alright. It's now crazy to me how popular she is in Japan where she never done any promos there and sold out every date for the past tours.

I'm debating buying tickets for her show on 7/12. Ticket prices for nosebleeds are less than $100 so actually seems like a pretty affordable concert! She's great.

6 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

I've been waiting to see if prices drop a bit... honestly? Tickets definitely sold; the intended tickets I wanted all sold (front row).

Edited by livelikemusic

Secured my tickets; not the seats I was vying for, but, will be on the floor, for the first time EVER!

Almost every show on this leg has sold out by the day of the show. Plenty of people are waiting for tickets to go down in price. I've never been one to wait until the last minute with Janet (or any artist), but I have found good seats at good prices the week before and the week of.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

She will need some promos for the European leg alright. It's now crazy to me how popular she is in Japan where she never done any promos there and sold out every date for the past tours.

Janet has toured Japan:

- 1990 (2 separate legs)

Multiple dates at the Tokyo Dome stadium in 1990, 1994, 2002

Compared to UK:

- 2024 *pending*

Janet has paid the UK dust since the Damita Jo era (2004) and hasn't done an arena tour since 1998. That's a long time, plus cancelling her previous tour (Unbreakable 2016) might make some people wait until closer to the show's date to buy tickets.

Even when Janet wasn't touring internationally she did far more album promotion in Japan compared to anywhere else. For example, she did multiple televised performances of So Excited in Japan during 2006 (3 or 4?) but not a single performance anywhere in the UK during the 20 Y.O.-Discipline era.

Plus ever since the Janet mania in Japan during the Rhythm Nation era (1990), they've been a reliable and loyal market for her. All her studio albums before Unbreakable went Top 10 and were certified Gold, even Discipline with minimal promotion.

The upcoming European leg is selling fine though. If they decide to do some promotion or drop a single beforehand, most of the shows should have no issue being sold-out. Many shows are already doing great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lamb said:

Has she been starting her shows on time? I will have quite a travel on my show date and might end up being 45 minutes late :rip:

Janet is ALWAYS on time. She's a punctual Taurus 

• Like 1

Cleveland has 61 tickets left. Will sell out for sure 

After Boston, the other "problematic" dates are Darien and Hershey

2 minutes ago, MilanY said:

she did, in 2011.

Ah ok. Well I'm glad she's revisiting :hippo:

1 hour ago, robbyds said:

Hershey is even worse :dancehall3:

I hope this inspires Janet for a new album and proper rollout, cause Black diamond tour was no better. She will need a banger and some live promos to spike interests of her audience for another tour for the past 3 years..... and not counting the covid years, she's been non-stop since 2015......

I'm honestly not surprised Boston is struggling. It's a larger venue than the Xfinity Center she played last year, and I believe she also did shows in Rhode Island. The market is just a bit dried up at the moment. She needs to focus on promoting Europe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thinking of doing a short vacay in Europe this autumn...I want to see her, hopefully it works out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Why doesn't she promote at all? Mama drop a song, do a radio interview, some viral Tiktoks, something.

She's a lazy Taurus that goes at her own pace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.