Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

43 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Great setlist. But Janet, no new music? 

Right.

At the same time, I think she's using the same trick she's been using of "new in the sense of never performed or rarely performed". They will probably "perform" or play a snippet of something unheard mid-late in the tour's run to tick box the "new" aspect and that will most likely be that. 

At this point, Janet is clearly in her legacy bag and I've made peace with it. For her, the check looks like the same with old music. So, there's no true incentive to using this tour as a vehicle for new music. Unfortunately. 

The reality is that she actually stands to benefit from saving the genuinely "new music" for when she tours next or launches another residency. Earliest next year IMO. She'll need a new angle and that will be the perfect marketing trick.

On a sidenote, as a stan, I love the setlist. But I tend to struggle to not see shows from the lens of the GP. Or more specifically, the need to appease both the stans and the GP. It's super deep cut heavy from the literal first song and almost the entire first act and I wonder how that translates with the audience.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlist is great. 

It's always majority singles/hits and the casual fans have been served on every tour.

I love that she does deep cuts and album favorites for US! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

No new music aside for a moment, I gotta say the stage production and screen visuals are a massive improvement over from the 1st leg, even the box platforms having glass shaped diamonds inside of it! Also, not sure if many noticed but the whole stage floor appears to be and LED screen with visuals appearing on the floor in certain segments that only people seated in the upper levels would see, similar to George Michael's 2008 tour.

Definitely more screens and those screens are also bigger. Lighting seems good. Glad to see her getting some top arena tour production, she deserves these so much. (I just hope fall tour will be somewhat decent compared to the minimal staging in Asia……

7 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Great setlist. But Janet, no new music? 

Jimmy Jam said that they're working on new music with her now. She'll probably wait for the next tour to promote a new album. I think Cinq owns all that music she was recording from 2017-2020. She's probably starting from scratch. 

5 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

2nite

She performed it after "Night". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

She performed it after "Night". 

Tf omggg no joke I LOVE that song lemme snatch a ticket :jonnycat:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Jimmy Jam said that they're working on new music with her now. She'll probably wait for the next tour to promote a new album. I think Cinq owns all that music she was recording from 2017-2020. She's probably starting from scratch. 

If she cleaned her backyard, I would assume she got her masters back which includes stuff that she recorded. Considering she did not hand in an album, I would assume those materials aren't good enough for possibly her last album.

Posted (edited)

Thank god we got some new looks!!

Ahhh I might  (I'M GOING TO) cry when I see her.

Motha is coming to slay my life and I'm here for it.

Edited by Monkey_Juice
  • Like 3

Only thing missing from the setlist is Doesn't Really Matter :weeps:

The dance breaks are way too good for her not to perform it.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

If she cleaned her backyard, I would assume she got her masters back which includes stuff that she recorded. Considering she did not hand in an album, I would assume those materials aren't good enough for possibly her last album.

It all comes down to love Janet and what she wants to do. Janet apparently owns her Virgin catalogue and her classic albums are severely neglected. No remasters, no unreleased material, tons of previously released material missing on streaming etc. The 30th anniversary release of janet. was offensively low effort, you'd think someone who hated the album made the track list. There's no label that's consistently organizing everything and ensuring things happen in a timely matter cause she's been independent since 2008.

Even if she can legally release the stuff from her Cinq deal, she likely won't. It's better to not expect anything when it comes to music.

At least the setlist is great and 100% designed for the diehard fans even if they keep bending the truth regarding new music. I bet when Gil played 2nite for Janet she thought it'd be a perfect "new" song to perform cause she hadn't heard it since she stepped out of the recording booth in 2007. :skull:

Edited by PopThatCorn
  • Haha 6

The If breakdown will always be it to me

Love that someone was able to capture this view of the breakdown

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The set list is amazing. I'm so sad Janet is coming to my city in a few days and I'm out of town. 

On 6/5/2024 at 6:49 AM, MorganR said:

Together Again setlist

1) Night

2) 2 Nite

3) SloLove

4) Rock With U

5) Throb

6) All Nite (Don't Stop)

7) No Sleeep

8) Got 'Til It's Gone

9) That's The Way Love Goes

10) Love Will Never Do (Without You)

11) What Have You Done For Me Lately

12) Nasty

13) The Pleasure Principle

14) You Want This

15) When I Think Of You

16) Diamonds

17) The Best Things In Life Are Free

18) Control

19) Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You) 

20) Take Care

21) Let's Wait Awhile

22) Lonely/Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)

23) Again

24) Any Time, Any Place

25) I Get Lonely

26) With U

27) Make Me

28) All For You

29) Alright

30) Escapade

31) Miss You Much

32) Feedback

33) So Excited

34) State Of The World

35) The Knowledge

36) If

37) Scream (includes If dance breakdown and Black Cat)

38) Rhythm Nation

39) Someone To Call My Lover

40) Together Again

I was waiting for th setlist to be revealed to find out if i would buy tickets for an european show. now i have to go :jonny6:

Any advices on what show to go? :chick1:

Posted (edited)

I wonder why no Doesn't Really Matter or Runaway - 2 of my favorites !

That could have easily been switched out for let's say Alright or Diamonds. 

Also, has Janet ever performed Just A Little While live? I still love that underrated song. 

Edited by Mke1979
  • Like 3

Maybe she's waiting to capitalize on the MJ biopic next year if her character has a good supporting role in the movie, there will be demand for a Jackson show and she's the only one able to pull it.

• Confused 1

How long is the run time of the show? I just noticed tickets have been heavily discounted at my venue next weekend and I'm thinking of going :smiley:

16 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

Also, has Janet ever performed Just A Little While live? I still love that underrated song. 

Doesn't Really Matter with the iconic dance break should be a staple in all of Janet's shows.

They need to bring it back ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ended up getting to see her with the best

setlist and wardrobe of the tour so far.

tumblr_n1kpicrIAy1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

We been knew Janet hates DRM, she rarely performs it, the last time she performed this was because constant fans request.

What about Runaway? 

I effing hate Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing. I bought a ticket as soon as it was on general sale because I wanted to make sure I got my travel plans sorted out first and ended up paying 40% more than the seat right next to me is currently selling for. :skull:

Nonetheless, I'm so excited to finally see her live! :jonny5:

How are the dates in Europe selling?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jay07 said:

How are the dates in Europe selling?

Every date is close to 80%sold. UK dates (aside from London, London is sold out) are the ones that are slightly struggling, but those arenas are all level opened unlike some dates only opened the lower tiers. I would say Live Nation already makes profit now, and if they are smart, a second London date should be added ASAP or when Janet does a promotion tour.

Edited by KKKIMO92
Typo
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Maybe she's waiting to capitalize on the MJ biopic next year if her character has a good supporting role in the movie, there will be demand for a Jackson show and she's the only one able to pull it.

Didnt think of this, that might make a lot of sense tbh. Why would she release new music when next year is gonna be everything Jackson again? Hopefully she releases a single around the time they announce MJ's biopic and a re-release of Scream clearly makes sense and I hope that would happen as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, somehow they have kept a secret how's doing her character, some blind items say it's Hailey so if she has a prominent role because it has a peak moment for her too that will put a light above her profile/persona and obviously tons of interviews, red carpets, premieres so yeah I could see her team using that exposure.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.