Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

4 hours ago, campelo said:

Not Jason Derulo, Usher and now Ne-Yo announcing European tours and Janet needs to build a crowd again according to some of you :hoetenks:

They all had their commercial peak during the digital downloads era and experienced major success with dance music in the 2010's in Europe. 

Whether it's award shows, a promo tour or festivals, Janet doing SOMETHING in Europe would benefit her greatly and could lend itself to an arena or theater tour. I just don't think committing to more than 20 dates at once without promotion and/or new music is a smart move. 

Edited by kishi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Janet I would book a date at Wembley Arena in the UK. That has about a 10,000 capacity and Christina Aguilera and Troye Sivan both sold that out instantly. I'd say she'd easily sell most of its capacity considering the people that would be interested in going based off her fame from the 80s-00s but also younger people such as myself who have become a fan of her through the internet in the past few years (I'm Irish but I'd fly there). I don't think Janet's production level is too high so I'd predict she'd make a profit, especially if she sold well enough to add a second date.

She could also try an arena in a country such as France or Germany but I don't know a lot about their venues.

• Thanks 1

Is this a on off for these shows or this actually the production and outfits for the tour?

Where is the Rhythm Nation outfit? :noparty:

11 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Is this a on off for these shows or this actually the production and outfits for the tour?

This is the production for the short hawaii and asian shows. Rhythm Nation outfit? She's wearing the same outfits she wore last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an update on ticket sales for the 2ng leg? Last update from touring data was like 45% sold after a month of being on sale

On 3/22/2024 at 10:39 AM, robbyds said:

This is the production for the short hawaii and asian shows. Rhythm Nation outfit? She's wearing the same outfits she wore last year.

That's sort of my point. I was going to pay $400 for tickets but then I saw the production and outfits. lol

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 2:37 AM, Elusive Chanteuse said:

This is the same outfits like last year, however, US legs production was way more posh than this. It's a high fashioned staging and received great reviews last year for that particular reason, but I think she needs to announce something will be different otherwise those tickets won't be selling….

According to her creative director, the 2nd leg of the Together Again tour will be full of surprises & different. And I'm 100% sure that there will be NEW MUSIC.

Edited by ifeelitboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, robbyds said:

Is there an update on ticket sales for the 2ng leg? Last update from touring data was like 45% sold after a month of being on sale

It's at 49% as of 3/27/24. 

If Janet does promo, the shows will be fine. If she doesn't, they'll just discount the tickets. Minneapolis/St Paul has shown an increase in ticket sales since they started a discount. 

They really could have chosen more Canadian dates as well as Omaha, San Antonio, Albuquerque, Columbus instead of some of these cities. Toronto is at 96% sold. 

Also, I wish the following would have been chosen for these three dates as they are the slowest sellers...

Viejas Arena in San Diego (10,000) instead of the amphitheater in Chula Vista (20,000)

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville (6,000) instead of Xfinity Center in Hartford (21,000)

Key Bank Center in Buffalo (10,000) instead of the amphitheater in Darien Lake (20,000)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ifeelitboy said:

According to her creative director, the 2nd leg of the Together Again tour will be full of surprises & different. And I'm 100% sure that there will be NEW MUSIC.

Gil has a history of leading fans on...

That's all I will say

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kishi said:

If Janet does promo, the shows will be fine. If she doesn't, they'll just discount the tickets. Minneapolis/St Paul has shown an increase in ticket sales since they started a discount. 

They really could have chosen more Canadian dates as well as Omaha, San Antonio, Albuquerque, Columbus instead of some of these cities. Toronto is at 96% sold. 

Also, I wish the following would have been chosen for these three dates as they are the slowest sellers...

Viejas Arena in San Diego (10,000) instead of the amphitheater in Chula Vista (20,000)

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville (6,000) instead of Xfinity Center in Hartford (21,000)

Key Bank Center in Buffalo (10,000) instead of the amphitheater in Darien Lake (20,000)

Oh dear...i know its still 2 months away but at 50% sold, i think it's time to press the panic button. They really need to promote this leg or else they will be performing in half empty arenas or practically giving away the tickets like what they did for the 3rd hawaii show. 

And yes to more Canadian cities! Im sure she would have sold out (or done pretty well) Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal.

Im actually disappointed with Janet and whoever is managing her right now. She is doing another tour for what tbh? They are really honing in on her being a legacy touring act when she could have had a Kylie-esque comeback. Now she's almost 60 and may not feel like doing an entire new comeback/era.

The last tour was a step in the right direction from the cheaper stuff they've been giving her, but now the stage looks like its straight out of 80's, and not in the best way. Janet can afford more than some screens and scaffolding and the fans deserve that.

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 3

Queen of Japan!

Edited by robbyds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, robbyds said:

Oh dear...i know its still 2 months away but at 50% sold, i think it's time to press the panic button. They really need to promote this leg or else they will be performing in half empty arenas or practically giving away the tickets like what they did for the 3rd hawaii show. 

And yes to more Canadian cities! Im sure she would have sold out (or done pretty well) Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal.

No panic, just action! Even a Zoom video with Nelly and send it to the major talk shows would make a difference! :rofl:

9 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Im actually disappointed with Janet and whoever is managing her right now. She is doing another tour for what tbh? They are really honing in on her being a legacy touring act when she could have had a Kylie-esque comeback. Now she's almost 60 and may not feel like doing an entire new comeback/era.

The last tour was a step in the right direction from the cheaper stuff they've been giving her, but now the stage looks like its straight out of 80's, and not in the best way. Janet can afford more than some screens and scaffolding and the fans deserve that.

$$$$ - there is money in touring and no money in music, plain and simple. 

Edited by kishi
  • Like 1

The lightings on this tour are impressive. 

• Like 1

Something is happening tomorrow according to her IG story

Finally doing promo! She's doing some radio interviews and Fallon

• Like 1

Announcing her retirement I fear.

• Haha 1

One hour to go!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:01 PM, kishi said:

Most amphitheaters are chose due to the low cost, it costs significantly less than a well rounded arenas. I'm sure if she performed in a half empty amphitheater they will still earn money, can't say the same for a fancy arena.

• Like 1

I would love to see her in the Bahamas.

:jonny:

Someone better record that show.

• Like 1

She looked soooo good on the little promo circuit today, at least her stylist and MUA are doing their jobs.

She said "definitely new music" on Fallon to tempt people to go to the second leg but I can't trust her… if it's just "Luv I Luv" or that bad snippet she played at a few shows last year and no album I'm throwing hands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

She looked soooo good on the little promo circuit today, at least her stylist and MUA are doing their jobs.

She said "definitely new music" on Fallon to tempt people to go to the second leg but I can't trust her… if it's just "Luv I Luv" or that bad snippet she played at a few shows last year and no album I'm throwing hands.

I don't think she will waste new music on a 2nd leg. They could be a brand new show. At most one or two singles. 

• Like 1

How come anyone on her team think a 2 mins promo for the tour its good ideal? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.