Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

1 hour ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

All three shows in Japan now sold out a few days before it begins there. :gaynetcat2: Even if Europe ain't here for her, at least we know Japan will always turn out for Janet whenever she tours there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4fBr03x0by/

Japan has always been a strong market for Janet.

The problem with Europe isn't Europe. It's Janet and team not doing enough promo or appearances over the years in those markets, IMO.

2 hours ago, campelo said:

honestly her crowd wouldn't go to a festival to see her, I wouldn't. She's a legacy name, she can easily sell arenas with 15k capacity in EU

Festivals aren't about the artist's fanbase going to see them, it's an opportunity to be exposed to a larger audience and potentially win new fans as well as book a stage and secure a check without being responsible for ticket sales.

Plus, a festival like Essence in New Orleans is Janet's kind of audience and she always has the largest turnout that weekend. That's a majority 40+ year old crowd!

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

I’m honestly here for her to cancel the US dates in favor of an European leg. 

But I get it. I guess. 

The US is the biggest touring market on the planet and they pay less taxes + shipping in that continent. They seek return of investment and the US is your best bet. Even if it looks less good on paper. It’s probably the most profitable market there is for American artists. 

Last time she toured Europe was 14 years ago. :rip:

No cancellations! That word is triggering!

A Europe leg will need PROMO. If they aren't willing to do it, the dates better come with new music. 

2 hours ago, Doogle said:

I’m seeing her Sunday!! I am beyond buzzing. :duca: 

Haven’t seen anything from it but I know the set list. Very excited to see what happens. 

Please enjoy yourself!

3 hours ago, Jump said:

Janet serves all these high fashion looks during fashion week but then performs a whole show in a baggy suit, ugh I'm actually fuming

The onesies aren't flattering at all, this one looks OK in person (saw it at One Music Fest), but photographs terribly. She had too many layers on for the Houston show. The ones she wore last time she went to Japan, Oceania and Hawaii in 2019 were no good. 

3 hours ago, robbyds said:

They arrived past midnight on the 13th, same day as the show in Manila. Almost no rest I bet but she and her dancers killed it last night. What an immense talent she is. Such charisma and stage presence too.

I'm glad Manila show was fun. My only issue is the lack of promotion. Very disappointing. 

Edited by kishi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Havoc said:

Is the setlist the same?

Looks like it.

7 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

All three shows in Japan now sold out a few days before it begins there. :gaynetcat2: Even if Europe ain't here for her, at least we know Japan will always turn out for Janet whenever she tours there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4fBr03x0by/

I remembered she collected 2M from two shows in Japan during SOTW, she definitely can sell out a lot of arenas there. 

7 hours ago, campelo said:

honestly her crowd wouldn't go to a festival to see her, I wouldn't. She's a legacy name, she can easily sell arenas with 15k capacity in EU

She needs to connect somewhere compared to doing nothing. Plus, Unbreakable was such a let down, she won’t be able to tour Europe with a proper arena tour unless she really works to promote it. 

15 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Looks like she wore the same outfit for the whole show in Manila. Back in her lazy era I see.

I thought Unbreakable wearing the same suit covered from head to toe was due to her marriage, but in fact she’s just lazy…..she will never win if her attitude was whatever and this is good enough….

• Confused 1

Calling Janet "lazy" is pretty reductive. 

Certain dates where artists wear one outfit doesn't make them lazy. She's clearly more comfortable being fully clothed.

But if that's the case, the outfit should at least be a serve, because I'm ok with it disappearing!

• Thumbs Down 1

So is she gonna work on this album another 14 years or just tour every month? 🙄

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kishi said:

Certain dates where artists wear one outfit doesn't make them lazy. She's clearly more comfortable being fully clothed.

But if that's the case, the outfit should at least be a serve, because I'm ok with it disappearing!

Let’s be real. She’s lazy af now. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, kishi said:

The stage is also reduced from the initial leg which was already bare bones….i dong understand why her stage is always lackluster, is it because she charged a high price so no money for production? I suspect the reduced stage for Asian leg maybe due to budget wise, but I did see the interview from Hawaii promoters calling getting Janet there was expensive…..

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

The stage is also reduced from the initial leg which was already bare bones….i dong understand why her stage is always lackluster, is it because she charged a high price so no money for production? I suspect the reduced stage for Asian leg maybe due to budget wise, but I did see the interview from Hawaii promoters calling getting Janet there was expensive…..

Shipping equipment between continents is expensive. 

As far as Hawaii is concerned, the venue itself cannot accommodate many of the stages elements for this show. That's been true for most artists that perform at that arena in particular. It's strictly a dimensions thing.

Not lazy but Janet has been extremely complacent about her career for years. Zero public presence other than showing up at fashion week, no music, no performances. I'm genuinely shocked the american dates keep selling as well as they are for her essentially rehasing the same show over and over, it's a testament to the strength of her past work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kishi said:

Shipping equipment between continents is expensive. 

As far as Hawaii is concerned, the venue itself cannot accommodate many of the stages elements for this show. That's been true for most artists that perform at that arena in particular. It's strictly a dimensions thing.

The expensive ticket prices for international shows like in the Philippines should've covered/been factored into the costs of shipping the full stage, and yet they got a stripped down version of the stage production despite tickets still being expensive. Not a good look production wise when it comes to Janet's calibre.

We'll see if the Japan shows gets the full stage production like the US first leg over the next few days (along with the original tour outfits or not), if they don't then it's pretty disappointing and nothing more than a quick cash grab with little effort production and costume wise for the Asia shows imo.

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Not lazy but Janet has been extremely complacent about her career for years. Zero public presence other than showing up at fashion week, no music, no performances. I'm genuinely shocked the american dates keep selling as well as they are for her essentially rehasing the same show over and over, it's a testament to the strength of her past work.

I've been thinking about this a lot. 

The reality I came to is that we (e.g. relatively young-mid-aged adults of the modern media era) are for the first time experiencing what it's like for our faves to essentially tap out, slow down, and pass on the baton to the next generation. 

I imagine if we ask stans of the Diana's, Tina's etc, they'll relay something few realize: none of these girls will ever actively "tell" us they are winding down. They just do it.

Janet's situation is especially jarring because we have never truly got the type of redemption arc we wanted with her coming back with Unbreakable. I'm particularly annoyed with her for that because we were way past the Super Bowl at that point and a media blitz pre the streaming takeover would have given her as close to an Emancipation moment as was possible in 2015. 

Since then, it's clear she isn't inspired by music, is definitely prioritzing family life, maybe wasn't encouraged by the overall sales of Unbreakable (her fault IMO), and...like you said...is probably very satisfied with her career as it is. (I will say that the whole legacy, Hall of Fame run she did for a few years recently has definitely restored a lot of the sheen to her brand)

Another thing that we shouldn't forget is that we live in a live-first music music market now. That's where all acts make their money. Janet has clocked that her coins look the same touring "the hits" as it would be touring new music. One comes with significantly less pressure than the other, which in turn probably feeds into her lack of musical inspiration (there theoretically isn't a need for it) and also aligns with her contentedness with her career. 

It's great for her, but wack for us. But in making peace with it, I've kind of let go of wanting Black Diamond. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hawaii, Philippines and Japan share the same basic stage set up (Nagoya seem to have an extra screen in the middle  though smaller than the other 3).

Hawaii and Japan (at least for Nagoya)  had costume changes. Philippines just had that one costume. 

Edited by robbyds
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I've been thinking about this a lot. 

The reality I came to is that we (e.g. relatively young-mid-aged adults of the modern media era) are for the first time experiencing what it's like for our faves to essentially tap out, slow down, and pass on the baton to the next generation. 

I imagine if we ask stans of the Diana's, Tina's etc, they'll relay something few realize: none of these girls will ever actively "tell" us they are winding down. They just do it.

Janet's situation is especially jarring because we have never truly got the type of redemption arc we wanted with her coming back with Unbreakable. I'm particularly annoyed with her for that because we were way past the Super Bowl at that point and a media blitz pre the streaming takeover would have given her as close to an Emancipation moment as was possible in 2015. 

Since then, it's clear she isn't inspired by music, is definitely prioritzing family life, maybe wasn't encouraged by the overall sales of Unbreakable (her fault IMO), and...like you said...is probably very satisfied with her career as it is. (I will say that the whole legacy, Hall of Fame run she did for a few years recently has definitely restored a lot of the sheen to her brand)

Another thing that we shouldn't forget is that we live in a live-first music music market now. That's where all acts make their money. Janet has clocked that her coins look the same touring "the hits" as it would be touring new music. One comes with significantly less pressure than the other, which in turn probably feeds into her lack of musical inspiration (there theoretically isn't a need for it) and also aligns with her contentedness with her career. 

It's great for her, but wack for us. But in making peace with it, I've kind of let go of wanting Black Diamond. 

She didn’t even bother to make Burn it up as a single for Unbreakable, clearly she doesn’t care that much about commercial as long she can do the touring…..

2 hours ago, robbyds said:

Hawaii, Philippines and Japan share the same basic stage set up (Nagoya seem to have an extra screen in the middle  though smaller than the other 3).

Hawaii and Japan (at least for Nagoya)  had costume changes. Philippines just had that one costume. 

she usually wear a onesie for festival shows, wonder if it’s because the Phillippines promoter didn’t pay her enough money for a costume change.

2 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

she usually wear a onesie for festival shows, wonder if it’s because the Phillippines promoter didn’t pay her enough money for a costume change.

I honestly think it was Janet and her team cutting costs by not shipping the costumes to the Philippines show since it was just a one night only show compared to Hawaii and Japan getting multiple shows.

7 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

I honestly think it was Janet and her team cutting costs by not shipping the costumes to the Philippines show since it was just a one night only show compared to Hawaii and Japan getting multiple shows.

Dont they travel with the costumes to begin with? I dont think they would need to ship them separately to Japan from Hawaii. It would be more cost efficient to bring it with them to Manila. I think it was just a matter of choice they didnt wear the costumes, albeit a poor one. Some filipino fans commented online that it felt like Manila was a dress rehearsal for Japan.

@robbydsSomeone on the Janet.club forums attending the Japan Nagoya show speculated they sent the costumes directly to Japan from Hawaii for cleaning, but I don't know why they couldn't have brought it along into the Philippines for that even if they needed to send it early as there was a 2 day gap between the 3rd Hawaii show and Manila show...unless they needed a week to get all the costumes cleaned in time for the next show? That would've meant the Manila show missed out on the costumes then, but again this is all just speculation.

I just feel the Manila fans got short changed by not getting the costumes for their show, especially how you already mentioned tickets were expensive and I assume they still didn't get discounted by show day. Also hope it doesn't become a pattern for when/if Janet announces a European leg where countries having one night only shows gets the 1 ugly black baggy costume while other countries with multiple shows gets costume changes. That would just feel really unfair.

• Thanks 1

That was a magical night for me truly. I dressed in my 90s best (leather jacket, light blue jeans and blazers) and had an absolute blast on my own lol. TLC were cute and Janet was just phenomenal. I almost cried during Rhythm Nation section and then fully during Togetger Again. 

I also bought a Japanese Singles 3CD collection at the end cos there was no line. The third is a DVD with all her videos. I’m so happy I got it as I didn’t get merch. :duca: 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

No sure why she didn’t do more cities. I know Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan are going to sell well. She’s a stapled icon there and many celebrities attended her shows back in 2011.

4 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

@robbydsSomeone on the Janet.club forums attending the Japan Nagoya show speculated they sent the costumes directly to Japan from Hawaii for cleaning, but I don't know why they couldn't have brought it along into the Philippines for that even if they needed to send it early as there was a 2 day gap between the 3rd Hawaii show and Manila show...unless they needed a week to get all the costumes cleaned in time for the next show? That would've meant the Manila show missed out on the costumes then, but again this is all just speculation.

I just feel the Manila fans got short changed by not getting the costumes for their show, especially how you already mentioned tickets were expensive and I assume they still didn't get discounted by show day. Also hope it doesn't become a pattern for when/if Janet announces a European leg where countries having one night only shows gets the 1 ugly black baggy costume while other countries with multiple shows gets costume changes. That would just feel really unfair.

There’s no good reason to cut the costume changes, you can cut staging due to shipping issues but certainly not costume. Especially considering that’s her first appearance in that country for 13 years….She needs to dedicate to each show if she wants to continue touring. A more sustainable way of touring is to do more countries. Surely she saw the sales of the second leg of US. She won’t be able to tour US for a third time anytime soon. She needs to create an event so that people keep coming back, just like what Madonna do with her greatest hits tour lately…..

5 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Fans speculate, that's what we do. I'd side with it being cost related I guess.

The outfit can go. 

56 minutes ago, Doogle said:

That was a magical night for me truly. I dressed in my 90s best (leather jacket, light blue jeans and blazers) and had an absolute blast on my own lol. TLC were cute and Janet was just phenomenal. I almost cried during Rhythm Nation section and then fully during Togetger Again. 

I also bought a Japanese Singles 3CD collection at the end cos there was no line. The third is a DVD with all her videos. I’m so happy I got it as I didn’t get merch. :duca: 

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

42 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

No sure why she didn’t do more cities. I know Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan are going to sell well. She’s a stapled icon there and many celebrities attended her shows back in 2011.

I agree those dates should have been added (plus Seoul). There was more time for tickets to sell tickets, unlike #1s which only got a month!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

I believe janet mentioned in one of the bts for one of her tours that they always have multiple sets of the same costumes just in case something happens. I cannot believe that a major tour like this will only have 1 of each costume. Anyway, the lack of costume changes was irritating at first but I am over it. I'm still grateful I got to see this tour and that Janet and her dancers were in top form at the Manila jaunt. 

Edited by robbyds
  • Like 1

I might be feeling a bit selfish for this, but I hope the tour still comes to Australia/NZ before it goes to Europe :coffee:, although unlikely since Janet likes to tour Australia during our Summer season (December-February).

Her Spotify top cities of monthly listeners is always showing Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane in her top 10! 3 major cities from my country. I don't think she has any European country that has 3 of their major cities that high up?

• Haha 1

The horrible outfit in Manila :deadvision:

Not Jason Derulo, Usher and now Ne-Yo announcing European tours and Janet needs to build a crowd again according to some of you :hoetenks:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.