Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

I’m shocked she pretty much only tours the US, I was just researching all her past tours and she hardly ever tours Europe and she’s pretty much never got to South America???? She would kill it down there. Like it doesn’t make sense to me that she’s been to Australia more times than South America. She seems to love touring Asia and America most… 

she had arenas booked in Australia for last year so I’m assuming she’ll play in Aus soon??? 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Asparagus Spears said:

I’m shocked she pretty much only tours the US, I was just researching all her past tours and she hardly ever tours Europe and she’s pretty much never got to South America???? She would kill it down there. Like it doesn’t make sense to me that she’s been to Australia more times than South America. She seems to love touring Asia and America most… 

she had arenas booked in Australia for last year so I’m assuming she’ll play in Aus soon??? 

She doesn’t want to win and hasn’t for some time 

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

I still have my tickets for Unbreakable tour tho.

if I have time, I will travel down to London to see her ( I know she won’t tour any other city in UK)

That's unfortunately in the past. If a show hasn't been rescheduled within 2 years, it's a wrap. 

And I disagree, she can and most likely will tour outside of London in the UK. It's literally her biggest market over there aside from The Netherlands, France and Germany. 

16 hours ago, robbyds said:

If LiveNation doesn't believe Janet can tour Europe then perhaps another option is to work with a different concert promoter/s for Europe? She has done it before for Number Ones (for the Asian leg) and for some select shows for Unbreakable. The Japan and Hawaii shows for Together Again are also not livenation events. 

Live Nation is the top promoter and they have a great relationship with Janet. But there's also AEG Live and a few others. Summer would have been ideal for Europe, because she could have booked a few arenas and theaters with Live Nation and then did a bunch of festival dates that don't require a concert or tour promoter. But another US tour was in demand. She usually does two legs or more in North America anyway. 

12 hours ago, ifeelitboy said:

According to GIL's tweets, i think the new album could be finally coming out this year. FINALLY.

:jonny5:

10 hours ago, Asparagus Spears said:

Not completely. She's made it to Europe on her first three tours and #1s. She did cancel AFY and Unbreakable and never had announced or made it to Europe for RWU and SOTW. She also did some level of promo in Europe for every album until Discipline. 

Australia has always been a successful territory for her, she has plenty of top 10's and certifications there, so it makes sense. 

As far Latin America, it hasn't happened before. She's mentioned wanting to go to Brazil almost every era because she's a huge bossa nova and samba fan. But all we have is a canceled Sao Paulo date from #1s. I'm not sure her label ever promoted her in Latin America either...I hear only some songs were popular like Come Back To Me, Scream, Together Again, All For You and Call On Me. 

1 hour ago, kishi said:

That's unfortunately in the past. If a show hasn't been rescheduled within 2 years, it's a wrap. 

And I disagree, she can and most likely will tour outside of London in the UK. It's literally her biggest market over there aside from The Netherlands, France and Germany. 

I hope she can come to Manchester, I will be there or London in a weekend pls. I would love to just see her whether she has new music. I want new music but I want at least Unbreakable level of quality, not Made for now……Also that two songs teased in the past year are big no, sounded so outdated,

• Haha 1

Is the code different for all the dates???

Edit - Nvm

14 hours ago, ifeelitboy said:

According to GIL's tweets, i think the new album could be finally coming out this year. FINALLY.

Sounds more like she hasn’t even started making the album she wants to make. Cinq probably owns the masters. She put up her entire back catalogue as collateral and either lost it or almost lost it. Cinq put it up for auction as punishment for not delivering an album to them. She’s probably broke and had to buy back her back catalogue, thus the tours and the auctions. There may be nothing to release. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, A1SinceDay1 said:

Maybe Missam is opposed to her touring internationally with Eissa? I wonder if he'll be with her for the few dates in Asia. 

Who? Janet lives full-time with her son in London. Internationally would equal USA for her. 

Edited by Horizon Flame
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

That Glastonbury performance may just be the final nail to her European tour coffin….

Even that tour is cancelled, Live Nation still holds a contract with her, that’s why she did Together Again with Live Nation in last summer to honor that contract, of course it turned out to be much more profitable than everyone’s expectations, hence a second leg.

What contract? Where are you getting this info from?

Edited by Horizon Flame
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Sounds more like she hasn’t even started making the album she wants to make. Cinq probably owns the masters. She put up her entire back catalogue as collateral and either lost it or almost lost it. Cinq put it up for auction as punishment for not delivering an album to them. She’s probably broke and had to buy back her back catalogue, thus the tours and the auctions. There may be nothing to release. 

Her master may not even worth that much, don’t think her signing an album with Cinq needs to use her masters as collateral? Do you have any info on this? If this is the case, Cinq must pay her a fortune so that she agrees to use back catalogue as collateral, but I highly doubt it cause that’s just not how the music scene nowadays. Artists don’t get big contract but a collaboration deal with label.

it also makes no sense that she would rather go broke than release an album, she has enough materials to release an album with all the droplets she did with all those producers. This couldn’t be it, a trash album will not have an equal share of weight as her whole fortune which she fights her whole life to gain…..

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

What contract? Where are you getting this info from?

when black Diamond announced, Live nation signed a contract with her, she didn’t get Live Nation attention till she finished SOTW. I would guess Live Nation will still want to collaborate with her considering her doc made waves. 

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Her master may not even worth that much, don’t think her signing an album with Cinq needs to use her masters as collateral? Do you have any info on this? If this is the case, Cinq must pay her a fortune so that she agrees to use back catalogue as collateral, but I highly doubt it cause that’s just not how the music scene nowadays. Artists don’t get big contract but a collaboration deal with label.

it also makes no sense that she would rather go broke than release an album, she has enough materials to release an album with all the droplets she did with all those producers. This couldn’t be it, a trash album will not have an equal share of weight as her whole fortune which she fights her whole life to gain…..

when black Diamond announced, Live nation signed a contract with her, she didn’t get Live Nation attention till she finished SOTW. I would guess Live Nation will still want to collaborate with her considering her doc made waves. 

There was some article about the cinq thing but I can't find it. Don't know how true everything was

9 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

8 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

There was some article about the cinq thing but I can't find it. Don't know how true everything was

The sale of a portion of her masters catalogue was advertised in Billboard magazine back in October 2022 (at the bottom), 4 years after she signed with Cinq in 2018 so she had a deadline to submit in an album for them to promote by late 2022 and make money back from funding the MFN video shoot to studio recording sessions. When that didn't happen, they put up a notice in the magazine offering portions of her masters for auction as a collateral.  The buyer would off also had to sign an NDA upon successfully purchasing them, so we'll never know if the sale went ahead or not. This also makes me wonder if all the music she recorded from Cinq's funded recorded studio sessions are being locked up/held hostage so she can't release any new music recorded during that time.

27-E20-FFA-7723-4696-A427-2-C438-E16-EDD

4 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

The sale of a portion of her masters catalogue was advertised in Billboard magazine back in October 2022 (at the bottom), 4 years after she signed with Cinq in 2018 so she had a deadline to submit in an album for them to promote by late 2022 and make money back from funding the MFN video shoot to studio recording sessions. When that didn't happen, they put up a notice in the magazine offering portions of her masters for auction as a collateral.  The buyer would off also had to sign an NDA upon successfully purchasing them, so we'll never know if the sale went ahead or not. This also makes me wonder if all the music she recorded from Cinq's funded recorded studio sessions are being locked up/held hostage so she can't release any new music recorded during that time.

27-E20-FFA-7723-4696-A427-2-C438-E16-EDD

What is stopping her from releasing new music then? I can only find the article where she signed a recording and distribution deal with Cinq. Surely woudln't think signing that deal need to use her back catalogue as collateral unless Janet got a big fat paycheck when she signed with them leading Cinq to be financially stressed. 

Can she still release new music? I mean is Cinq wanting her to release music or is it just Cinq's tactic to just own her masters by signing that deal and not letting her to release music?

20 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

What is stopping her from releasing new music then? I can only find the article where she signed a recording and distribution deal with Cinq. Surely woudln't think signing that deal need to use her back catalogue as collateral unless Janet got a big fat paycheck when she signed with them leading Cinq to be financially stressed. 

Can she still release new music? I mean is Cinq wanting her to release music or is it just Cinq's tactic to just own her masters by signing that deal and not letting her to release music?

It's all up in the air whether she'll actually release new music or not despite in the tour announcement video Janet saying "yes, there will be new music coming" (in a almost mocking tone). Using her masters as collateral in the Cinq deal reeks of bad business decision, and has the hallmarks of her brother, Randy, doing and influence since it looks like he's her manager/head boss of her team as @Horizon Flame implied.

Ultimately though, it still falls on Janet on this mess with Cinq since she was the one who didn't fulfil her end of the deal by submitting in an album before the deadline, who knows why though? Not confident of or liking the music she recorded? Had she submitted in the album (supposedly Black Diamond) then this notice of a public auction for her masters wouldn't have been made in the first place. It's not like Cinq was after her masters by obtaining it in an unscrupulous way either, but more like their hands were forced after not receiving an album from her. They would've been slapped with a lawsuit from Janet if they did this auction and she actually did turn in her project provided it met the deadline.

I think what we should be keeping an eye out for is if there's an announcement of Janet signing a new record/distribution deal with another label, if that happens then we'll know the partnership between her and Cinq is over.

• Like 1

Randy definitely is her manager and not having a professional in charge is likely to blame for how the last 5+ years of her career have been mishandled. It's really too bad because I think she squandered her chance of ever having some musical relevance again but who knows. Shady, all around.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 3:04 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

Randy definitely is her manager and not having a professional in charge is likely to blame for how the last 5+ years of her career have been mishandled. It's really too bad because I think she squandered her chance of ever having some musical relevance again but who knows. Shady, all around.

She will only cares about making an effort if her tour stop selling which I think soon. She needs new trick for those crazy high price with her low production show(setlist and presence are perfect, but still low low production, only slightly up from SOWT, no where near metamorphosis)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

If I'm not mistaken didn't elements of production from SOTW and SOTW2 get stripped back...

So I wouldn't be shocked if that happens with this.

The circle in the middle of the stage can go tbh. Def need more dancers.

8 hours ago, LuckyCunt said:

If I'm not mistaken didn't elements of production from SOTW and SOTW2 get stripped back...

So I wouldn't be shocked if that happens with this.

The circle in the middle of the stage can go tbh. Def need more dancers.

The production will either stay the same or have some better elements. SOTW and SOTW2 ticket prices were way lower and the production value reflected that. It was pretty bare bones like #1s. 

I think stage and production wise, Together Again Tour is above Unbreakable, which had some simply but effect staging and it reminds me of AFY Tour on a lesser scale. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kishi said:

The production will either stay the same or have some better elements. SOTW and SOTW2 ticket prices were way lower and the production value reflected that. It was pretty bare bones like #1s. 

I think stage and production wise, Together Again Tour is above Unbreakable, which had some simply but effect staging and it reminds me of AFY Tour on a lesser scale. 

Unbreakable has an up to date stage cause that tour sells fine, SOTW has a lesser stage from Unbreakable, but this is fine considering that’s her coming back from an all arena tour, ticket price is low and attendance is low. Together Again has great box office but the production is not reflecting this, I hope TG2 will have better and improved production cause the ticket price is way higher than TG1

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Unbreakable has an up to date stage cause that tour sells fine, SOTW has a lesser stage from Unbreakable, but this is fine considering that’s her coming back from an all arena tour, ticket price is low and attendance is low. Together Again has great box office but the production is not reflecting this, I hope TG2 will have better and improved production cause the ticket price is way higher than TG1

What issues do you have with the production of this current tour?

I also think that TA tour had better production than Unbreakable tour. SOTW and especially SOTW 2 were really very low budget.

I do hope that she brings the full ORIGINAL production of TA in Hawaii and Asia and not the festival version (fewer screens and no costume changes)

• Like 1

Together Again was a (slight) upgrade on State of the World but still, for a legend of Janet's stature to be touring with 4 dancers, a podium and 5 lights is a disgrace. Janet tour, and the Velvet Rope tour are the gold standard. The way her legacy has been mishandled is gross. 

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 1

According to Janet's official japan tour website, Osaka and Yokohama are officially sold out!

Nagoya, gold section sold out. SS S and A sections still available.

www.janetjackson2024.jp/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2024 at 8:54 AM, KKKIMO92 said:

Are you okay?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Together Again was a (slight) upgrade on State of the World but still, for a legend of Janet's stature to be touring with 4 dancers, a podium and 5 lights is a disgrace. Janet tour, and the Velvet Rope tour are the gold standard. The way her legacy has been mishandled is gross. 

She doesn't need the distractions to take away from the great show(s) she continues to put on. She just needs a stage, a few dancers and that's all.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.