Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

Janet sold really well back in 2011 in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, surely she can do more cities in Asia.

A 2nd leg of US is coming, she still has some places to go. 

please do a few European dates in a 5-7K theatres, would be nice venue and still profitable.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

:eddie: How much you wanna bet on that

I know this is Janet and that you're right but I'm tryna remain hopeful :gaynetcat2::gaygacat5::gaynetcat3::gaynetcat4:

• Haha 1

If she doesn't announce any dates taking place in January & February 2024, dare I say special guest surprise appearance during Usher's Superbowl halftime show? :gaynetcat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Janet sold really well back in 2011 in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, surely she can do more cities in Asia.

A 2nd leg of US is coming, she still has some places to go. 

please do a few European dates in a 5-7K theatres, would be nice venue and still profitable.

Yes, three to four more Asian dates would make sense. Her album and ticket sales have always been strong throughout Asia.

A second leg in the States would be short, more Canada dates would make sense though.

I think she should stick to festivals in Europe for now outside of Scandinavia, London and Paris. 

5 minutes ago, kishi said:

I think she should stick to festivals in Europe for now outside of Scandinavia, London and Paris. 

This would be a good way to earn back some touring cred in Europe, if that's something she's interested in. And, if she decides to do another tour in the future, I could see her doing shows in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland, and the UK at the very least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

If she doesn't announce any dates taking place in January & February 2024, dare I say special guest surprise appearance during Usher's Superbowl halftime show? :gaynetcat4:

I sense that she negotiated a potential solo SB performance with Jay Z + the TV powers that be, in exchange for letting them + JT off the hook in her docu.

I would not be shocked if she performed in 2025 (or whenever she’s ready).

5 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Janet deserves her own headline, maybe with one or two hot newbies. But no, a surprise drop in SB would be a disgrace for her. She doesn’t need that. Her doc has earned back so many good will and the second doc coming would be even more overwhelming.

• Like 1

she needs to add a show at Le Zenith de Paris!

• Like 1

what is this festival nonsense for Europe? she had an arena tour booked for Unbreakable :rip: 

11 minutes ago, campelo said:

what is this festival nonsense for Europe? she had an arena tour booked for Unbreakable :rip: 

And the ticket sales were so bad that they never bother to reschedule throes dates. Just play it safe like Number 1s tour, she can properly tour 10-15 dates in Europe in a right size venue. 

8 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

And the ticket sales were so bad that they never bother to reschedule throes dates. Just play it safe like Number 1s tour, she can properly tour 10-15 dates in Europe in a right size venue. 

She can easily do a small size arenas and amphitheaters here. :rip: But no one is moving for festival dates here

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:03 AM, KKKIMO92 said:

not sure about Taiwan, but the scores from Hong Kong and Singapore were slightly underwhelming. I think that she could definitely do more Asian cities, but they may be of the mindset that it is not worth their while to travel too far with the set and whatnot.

anyone going to Honolulu? :flower:

Edited by exfactor003
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, The7thStranger said:

This would be a good way to earn back some touring cred in Europe, if that's something she's interested in. And, if she decides to do another tour in the future, I could see her doing shows in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland, and the UK at the very least.

:clap3:

On 11/15/2023 at 12:15 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

Janet deserves her own headline, maybe with one or two hot newbies. But no, a surprise drop in SB would be a disgrace for her. She doesn’t need that. Her doc has earned back so many good will and the second doc coming would be even more overwhelming.

Agree, I wonder if the 2002 and 2003 offers for Superbowl were solo as well. I don't want her sharing the stage with anyone!

6 hours ago, campelo said:

1. Festivals are great exposure to a new audience and potential new fans

2. Profit! The artists and everyone involved get paid.

3. Insurance. Janet didn't tour in Europe at all in the 2000's (just promo and some one off concerts) and canceled in both 2001 and 2016. If she's on the line up of well attended festivals, it's better than her canceling another headlining European leg. 

6 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

It was too ambitious. She wasn't doing promo appearances for Unbreakable and even though it did fine on the charts, the lack of promo also affected ticket sales. I think only some cities like London, Paris, Amsterdam and maybe a German city or two were doing well. 

6 hours ago, campelo said:

She can easily do a small size arenas and amphitheaters here. :rip: But no one is moving for festival dates here

Of course she can. But with the cancellations of the past, it would be safer for Janet to co-headline with another artist or join the line up of well attended festivals. 

3 hours ago, exfactor003 said:

not sure about Taiwan, but the scores from Hong Kong and Singapore were slightly underwhelming. I think that she could definitely do more Asian cities, but they may be of the mindset that it is not worth their while to travel too far with the set and whatnot.

anyone going to Honolulu? :flower:

All of the Asian cities did well on #1s though...

38 minutes ago, kishi said:

All of the Asian cities did well on #1s though...

well, the following three did okay. 'well' is maybe a bit of an exaggeration.

E5TPFrO.png

either way, my only point is that her team might look back at these and think that it isn't viable to transport the set across multiple bodies of water and pay who knows how much in accommodations, et cetera. fingers crossed that they think differently, however.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, exfactor003 said:

well, the following three did okay. 'well' is maybe a bit of an exaggeration.

E5TPFrO.png

either way, my only point is that her team might look back at these and think that it isn't viable to transport the set across multiple bodies of water and pay who knows how much in accommodations, et cetera. fingers crossed that they think differently, however.

At the very least, her shows in Taipei and Hong Kong attracted many Chinese celebrities to attend and hence it got great press cover. She should definitely add these two to the list before transporting to Manila.

• Like 1

She’s coming to Quezon City, Philippines!!! :wanda:

Foreigners call it “Manila” but I refuse to be gaslighted!

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 1

I hope she doesn’t wear that bulky ass black transformer outfit! Burn it!!!!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FreeXone said:

The gold body suit with the purple ribbon 🎀 was much better tbh it looks so good with the high ponytail 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, She-Rah said:

The gold body suit with the purple ribbon 🎀 was much better tbh it looks so good with the high ponytail 

Agreed but the black catsuit she wore at essence fest 2022 was even better for me

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 4:32 PM, FreeXone said:

Harsh but true :laugh:

On 11/25/2023 at 5:49 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

At the very least, her shows in Taipei and Hong Kong attracted many Chinese celebrities to attend and hence it got great press cover. She should definitely add these two to the list before transporting to Manila.

To add, those shows only had one month of sales, which was odd to me. At least with these shows, there's four months to sell and hopefully add dates. 

1 hour ago, kishi said:

To add, those shows only had one month of sales, which was odd to me. At least with these shows, there's four months to sell and hopefully add dates. 

With proper promos, I think she can still sell well in Southeast Asia, she was huge there and she just needs to reconnect with those older audiences again. 

On 11/28/2023 at 6:15 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

With proper promos, I think she can still sell well in Southeast Asia, she was huge there and she just needs to reconnect with those older audiences again. 

She can also win over new ones!

That's why I always mention festivals...but some JanFam feel like she's "too good" for certain festivals or venues, which doesn't make sense. Yes, her name carries a lot of weight, but being that she goes only to some territories regularly and has large gaps between albums, eras and tours, major festivals are a good move. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.